Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Getting over fears

So I use to be scared of heights but forced myself over it.....I have only been scared of 2 things spiders/heights..... I recently tried to force myself over spiders by trying to hold my friends tarantula....I passed out.

Any other ideas for getting over it and what are some of your fears?

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    I have a deathly fear of needles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    So I use to be scared of heights but forced myself over it.....I have only been scared of 2 things spiders/heights..... I recently tried to force myself over spiders by trying to hold my friends tarantula....I passed out.

Any other ideas for getting over it and what are some of your fears?
    Was afraid of heights but one trip to the top of the CN Tower changed that, still a little scared of them but not nearly as much. Deathly afraid of Spiders or any type of bug for that matter, not so much ants though. This fear i won't even try to overcome, it won't happen.

Also getting hit by a train, this one is outta left field but i take the GO Train (i live in Ontario, Canada) to school and they have high-speed VIA trains that blast through the station and scare me half to death. I'm always inside the little waiting area but they are still fast enough to scare you. The fear comes mostly from nightmares though as they almost always wake me up in the middle of the night.

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    I hate flying so I just have a few beers before I fly and it is all better, I just hate the landing pretty much now. I really think I just don't like things I am not in control of, like my gf's driving scares the hell out of me to. I don't know how to relax with her driving when everyone in front of you is hitting their brakes you should not be hitting the gas??

vCash
    Get brain damage that crushes your amygdala

For those who didn't take psych, your amygdala controls your fears.

vCash
    But I'm scared of rodents such as rats and bugs such as spiders.

I was born in the country of Lebanon and their was a big pile of dirt next to my house. The pile of dirt was also home to a colony of tarantulas. Sometimes tarantulas did creep up in my house, I have a habit of checking my bed every night because of this

Well one time I pulled up the blanket and voila there was a tarantula. This was like when I was 5
    Last edited by yaswaggin; 01-31-2013 at 10:16 PM.

vCash
    I hate public speaking and roller coasters. Haven't conquered them yet except for one roller coaster.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I hate public speaking and roller coasters. Haven't conquered them yet except for one roller coaster.

Roller Coasters were kind of forced on me was at a 6 Flags and everybody was heading on and I'm like **** it..Superman was the first one and at first scared the **** out of me..

Spiders..**** spiders I don't see fighting that fear any time soon

vCash
    I'm terrified of public speaking. I have to give a talk at a high school in the auditorium to a bunch of students in about 2 weeks, and I'm freaking out about it. I get myself sick from stressing out so much. When I've had to talk in front of groups of people in the past, I tend to just ramble and end up having no idea what I've said by the time I'm done. I'll remember bits and pieces but generally not know what I actually said.

I've also got a fear of heights and bugs, but those are too a lesser extent, and I can deal with both.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Be a man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Be a man
    ...do the right thing *russell peters voice*

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    Never used to be afraid of heights until I fell off a ladder lol. Those "do not stand above this level" warnings should be taken seriously. Still trying to get over it

vCash
    I'm glad I'm not the only ***** afraid of spiders
    Future Ace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill21 View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only ***** afraid of spiders
    My girlfriend is terrified of them, I catch them in the house and let them go, she gets mad at me because she thinks they will come back and bite her lol..

vCash
    I'll never not be afraid of heights. It doesn't stop me from doing things, but I'm clinging on for dear life.

I know that things are designed with measures in place to prevent risk of failure, but I still hate the feeling of being helpless if **** hit the fan.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast