Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 69
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    mike vick is probably involved
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    36,799
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by LAcowBOMBER View Post
    Look up how chickens are kept. They live in **** and are so fat they can't walk. Also many have their beaks removed before they are killed. Pretty sure being forced to live in feces with no room to move and being made unable to walk from atrophy would fall into the torture category.

    That being said I love chicken and will always eat it, but I know how it got to my grocery store
    I don't need to look anything up. I'm aware of those practices, and measures meed to be taken to avoid that.


  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    19,859
    vCash
    1500
    I am not a fan of cats but I hate seeing this to any animal..

    Sickos should be undoubtedly locked up for this heinous stuff..

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    41,189
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    I am not a fan of cats but I hate seeing this to any animal..

    Sickos should be undoubtedly locked up for this heinous stuff..
    Here we go. I love animals, too. I own multiple dogs and even was one of those silly vegetarian people for around four years. And yes, people should be locked up for this. But I just laugh and like to tease the people that are screaming "DIIEEEEEEE! KILL DIS MAAANNN!" because this man or woman shot a few cats. Terribly disgusting act indeed. But when you have people like....

    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I don't care if its just a cat. It's a living mammal I love, keep alive and care for.

    I might even trade the life of a stranger for the life of my cat.
    then

    I love my dogs, as well, silly pants. But I would never be able to trade another human's life for their own.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,655
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I don't need to look anything up. I'm aware of those practices, and measures meed to be taken to avoid that.
    I was saying it because you were saying it wasn't torture, but how isn't that torture? I know it is to yield food, but it is clearly torture and anyone putting chickens in that situation knows it

    "We the best in the league, Tony!"

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,512
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Oh, my apologies. I forgot that animals MUST be tortured to be killed for food.

    No, I'm not ok with torture. I'm ok with inhumane living conditions. May that be considered torture to an extent? Yeah, but I think it's important to differentiate between deliberate actions to harm and actions to yield food.
    See you're rationalizing to justify food. It's the same thing. If some guy took a puppy from its mom the minute it was born and tied it to the ground, so tightly it couldn't stand up for months on end, we'd have a thread on the story in here with the same comments as this one and there would be a man hunt to catch him.

    Do it to a cow and its just veal.

    And you can't dismiss inhumane living conditions. It's just as torturous....or do we need to see the results again with half dead cows and chickens being thrown in dumpsters to suffer and die? It's all part of the same industry.

    It's all torturous, we just play favorites with species and/or disconnect between the food on the plate and the conditions it came from.

    If you're ok with it, fine. I'm not trying to preach and change the world, I don't care what others do, I do the best I can on my own, but I just thought it was funny given the two conversations that were going on.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Rio Grande
    Posts
    8,899
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Here we go. I love animals, too. I own multiple dogs and even was one of those silly vegetarian people for around four years. And yes, people should be locked up for this. But I just laugh and like to tease the people that are screaming "DIIEEEEEEE! KILL DIS MAAANNN!" because this man or woman shot a few cats. Terribly disgusting act indeed. But when you have people like....



    then

    I love my dogs, as well, silly pants. But I would never be able to trade another human's life for their own.
    I would. Especially a cat lover.
    Trill Team
    Buckwheat-jpro611-Me-haggis-cheaptrikz-shammyguy3-Ezio-Cub_StuckinSTL-HOWE do i do it-ugafan-hugepatsfan-Fly-Raps08-09 Champ-Mane-humblehotgenius

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,512
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Here we go. I love animals, too. I own multiple dogs and even was one of those silly vegetarian people for around four years. And yes, people should be locked up for this. But I just laugh and like to tease the people that are screaming "DIIEEEEEEE! KILL DIS MAAANNN!" because this man or woman shot a few cats. Terribly disgusting act indeed. But when you have people like....



    then

    I love my dogs, as well, silly pants. But I would never be able to trade another human's life for their own.
    Why not? We'd do it with family. Pets are family. If I had a choice to save my brother from a burning building or some random guy I never met, I'd save my brother. If I had to choose between my dog or some random guy I never met....I'd save my dog. Sorry, but I'm not speciesist and I know my dog, love my dog, she's family. For all I know that guy runs a string of online kiddie porn sites.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    41,189
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Why not? We'd do it with family. Pets are family. If I had a choice to save my brother from a burning building or some random guy I never met, I'd save my brother. If I had to choose between my dog or some random guy I never met....I'd save my dog. Sorry, but I'm not speciesist and I know my dog, love my dog, she's family. For all I know that guy runs a string of online kiddie porn sites.
    And for all you know that guy has three kids and coaches their basketball camps. You're going to take that chance so your dog could live another 5-15 years?

    Sorry. But I can't agree with anything you said. I don't feel pets are family. I don't get that bond with them, I guess. I love my pets and and all, but valuing their life over another human's? No.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,172
    vCash
    1000
    A lot of sad things about this thread.

    This thread went moral real quick. Pets or Strangers whose life do you save.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    41,189
    vCash
    1500
    it depends who the stranger is!

    is the stranger my brother?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,512
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    And for all you know that guy has three kids and coaches their basketball camps. You're going to take that chance so your dog could live another 5-15 years?

    Sorry. But I can't agree with anything you said. I don't feel pets are family. I don't get that bond with them, I guess. I love my pets and and all, but valuing their life over another human's? No.
    I just don't think species plays a factor for me. Which ever thing I have a personal relationship with is going to get my attention first. So, pet > stranger

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    41,189
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I just don't think species plays a factor for me. Which ever thing I have a personal relationship with is going to get my attention first. So, pet > stranger

    but now we're talking about pets.

    we all know cats aren't pets.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,512
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    but now we're talking about pets.

    we all know cats aren't pets.
    ....isn't that what we've been talking about? saving a dog v saving a human. I wouldn't save a random dog over a random person, my whole point was saving MY dog over a random person. I'd do the same for my cat.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,447
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    ....isn't that what we've been talking about? saving a dog v saving a human. I wouldn't save a random dog over a random person, my whole point was saving MY dog over a random person. I'd do the same for my cat.
    I agree. My pets are like family to me and a stranger is...a stranger to me. I have no attachment to someone I've never even met.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •