Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Vie been a mares biggest doubters and hater there is, it's sad watching him jump and he just has barely no lift compared to the past, and his defense still drives me nuts.

But even I'll give him major props for how he's tried to work his game within the team, instead of trying to be the star he once was, he really has impressed me so far.
    Hes posterized like 3 or 4 guys already this season. I don't see the 'no lift' that you see.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Hes posterized like 3 or 4 guys already this season. I don't see the 'no lift' that you see.

Yup.

If Amare can hit his midrange shot consistently...we may be looking at the best Amare ever. Especially considering he is improving defensively. His post game is a gamechanger though.

vCash
    i think his new playing style will keep him healthy.... it rely's more on foot work than impact. reason why duncan is still able to play and why hakeem played so long. his old face to basket drive play was the reason he stayed injured so much

hes learning how to play with finesse . he's athletic so hes been a step ahead of most defenders. lets also add his passing and defense. im loving stat right now i knew he had it in him

vCash
    that fadeaway baby jumper last game ...
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

vCash
    I guess he means his lift isn't how it used to be... Make no mistake.. A prime Amar'e Stoudemire.. Especially the guy in Phoenix had Blake Griffinesque hops.. He was a BEAST for real... He still can jump.. But he isn't as explosive as he used to be.. Which is all due to his age and attrition...

vCash
    I must say I didn't think Hakeem was going to make much of a difference with STATs game. But he is dominating in his post up situations. Next step will be to hit the open cutters out of double teams instead of forcing the issues thru 2 defenders. If he keeps shooting 60%+ and scoring 15ppg, hes gonna start getting doubled no doubt.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EnWhyKay View Post
    I guess he means his lift isn't how it used to be... Make no mistake.. A prime Amar'e Stoudemire.. Especially the guy in Phoenix had Blake Griffinesque hops.. He was a BEAST for real... He still can jump.. But he isn't as explosive as he used to be.. Which is all due to his age and attrition...
    Hes not 23 anymore but hes got more explosion in those legs, even after 3 surgeries, than pretty much every 30 year old in this league.

vCash
    people give him hard time in large part because of his contract, but he's an all star in this league if he stays healthy.

vCash
    big Up's to STAT
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    Stat is awesome, my 2nd fav Knick after Melo.

vCash
    He barely gets off the floor anymore.

Eecially when you consider the way he use to posterize players on a nightly basis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    He barely gets off the floor anymore.

Eecially when you consider the way he use to posterize players on a nightly basis.
    not Amare of the nash years but hey

he says hi addy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_fvFlxHsMc

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CrZOTsr7z4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o2mhmOGFio
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxuGFMl3PUE

Considering he gets half the touches he used to on a nightly basis, I think its safe to say hes still dunking on people on a near-nightly basis. Probably has a big time slam per every 10 touches. Thats not a man who doesn't get off the ground.

vCash
    I think STAT has been great but I want to see it against better competition later on. I want to see STAT against the tough Miami and Bulls Defense that will tell me more for the playoffs.

But again compared to others off injuries coming back he looks great.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    I think STAT has looked great. Especially with Felton, Prigs, and yes JR looking for him in P&R situations; but he has a lot of problems with shot blockers (including players like Brook Lopez). He has way more basketball skills and low post moves than Chandler, but he clearly lacks the eye hand coordination or athleticism that Chandler has.

I think the real money in Amare is him in the low post. I think this is going to really pay off. I really had high hopes for the Dream sessions, but I really believe Amare made the most of them. Next year let's make sure Chandler goes.

My man Ike got a bad rap

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast