Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ed Reed?

vCash

Ed Reed?

Per rotoworld

Appearing on NFL Live, Adam Schefter mentioned the Colts and Patriots as potential landing spots for impending free agent FS Ed Reed.

The Bill Belichick love affair for Ed Reed has been exhausted by this point, but another man that has strong ties to Reed is Colts head coach Chuck Pagano. Pagano was Reed's defensive backs coach at Miami (Fla.) before the two were together again with the Ravens from 2008-11. The Colts could use an upgrade over Tom Zbikowski back deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    Josh is like sex, but better
    Follow me on Twitter! @ josh_the_truth

vCash
    He's old... but hey, I'm down!

vCash
    If not too expensive sure, but I'm positive he'll retire

vCash
    If it's a good deal but not worth overpaying for. I am guessing that Boom Boom would move to SS if that happened?
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    I'm for a short deal. I believe he is also very close with Reggie. That could be a factor as well.

vCash
    Short deal only. He's not what he used to be.

I'm pretty sure we are mentioned primarily because of Chuck. I don't think there's any validity to the report, and that it's just Schefter speculating.

#iubb

vCash
    hes 34 im not sure he would sign anywhere long term.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Give him a heavy-incentive laden contract and it will be worth it. Zibs sucks. Ed Reed will be rejuvenated being reunited with Pagano and Reggie. I do think Safety is low on our priorities but if Reed is willing to come here for less money then we have to do it.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Give him a heavy-incentive laden contract and it will be worth it. Zibs sucks. Ed Reed will be rejuvenated being reunited with Pagano and Reggie. I do think Safety is low on our priorities but if Reed is willing to come here for less money then we have to do it.
    I think Safety is a huge need....but we need a hard hitting run stopper that can cover if needed. Not a ball hawking safety...even if we signed Reed we still need to get a player that can play right away if Reed goes down. If we moved Bethea to SS and Reed to FS I would put money that Reed he wouldn't play 16 games....Reed hasn't had more than 60 tackles since 04, and has never had over 75. For comparison Bethea was asked to make 100 stops last year and has been in triple digits 4 out of the last 5 seasons (had 95 in 07).

If we don't get someone most likely in the draft to play SS we will be looking at Z starting toward the end of the season since I don't think that Reed can handle making that many stops without getting banged up.

vCash
    So upset Zibs couldn't take advantage of his golden opportunity. Nevertheless, I do believe the Colts will explore bringing in a Safety. I'd like to bring in Reed, but I wouldn't want to pay him $7-8M a year. Maybe with improved CB play Zibs could make a bigger impact?

vCash
    Jairus byrd would fittt soooo perfectly but im 100000000% sure he'll resign

vCash
    Id rather have Jairus Byrd but Reed would be good too. I thought we would have the best chance to sign Reed with Pagano, Wayne, and some of his former teammates being here but idk about that after hearing about his love for Belicheat. I think he's just sayin that about the patriots to get the ravens worried bc they seem to play the ravens in the playoffs every year.

vCash
    latest...

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, "a lot of people believe" soon to be free agent safety Ed Reed will sign with the Colts.

Reed would be reuniting with his former defensive coordinator, Chuck Pagano in Indianapolis.
    http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...s/Default.aspx
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Meh, I like Reed but I honestly think we should find someone else. What does he have left? A year or two at most? Does he put us into SB contender status?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    Meh, I like Reed but I honestly think we should find someone else. What does he have left? A year or two at most? Does he put us into SB contender status?
    Nah, but he's better than Zibs and shouldn't cost a ton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast