Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    Smith is in no universe worth max. A good player, but he should never think that he's worth the max.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
    Smith is in no universe worth max. A good player, but he should never think that he's worth the max.
    Whomever trades for him is either looking for a little playoff push this year, while retaining financial flexibility, or just clearing cap space. Or at least that is the only thing teams should be coveting, unless they think they can realistically sign him for 4 years, $40 million this summer. But considering his, "I am a max guy" comments, I would stay away from him if I was doing anything other than the 2 scenario's I listed.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Would Josh Smith resign there? That is usually the problem with these things

He seems to wanna get paid

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    God bless Lindsey Hunter's soul if Dwight and Josh Smith end up in PHX together.

#ERMAHGERD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    "doesn't care about basketball."

Second bold, sounds like a nice little bias developed. He missed the Cleveland game due to the team doctors and organization saying he can't play. Once again, you are flaunting ignorance. You can go through the videos of Klay Thompson. He is the one who said it. But he does have a reputation as a rehab rat.

Bogut himself said this. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ht-each-other/

Saying he is lazy and doesn't care about basketball sounds bitter and if it is not a lie, it is a distorted version of reality.
    I wouldn't say that I'm being biased. Bogut has a long history of missing games, dating back way before he was traded to the Warriors. Did you follow him closely before he became a Warrior?

I may be bitter, but it is for good reason. I hate it when Australia's top athletes turn their backs on their country of birth. Some do it overtly (Mark Philippoussis), others covertly (Bogut, Harry Kewell); claiming injury after injury for not travelling and/or playing, or blaming their club team for not allowing them to play. On the other hand there are role models such as Tim Cahill and Patty Mills who do everything in their power to represent their country of birth.

I think that Bogut is an extremely talented basketball player and arguably one of the best fundamental C's in the NBA (when he's playing) but talent isn't everything. Bogut talks a lot but rarely follows through with actions. Talk is cheap.

Back on topic, I'd take Dwight over Bogut, but I wouldn't want to see either player listed on the Suns roster.
    Last edited by Bishnoff; 01-31-2013 at 08:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    I wouldn't say that I'm being biased. Bogut has a long history of missing games, dating back way before he was traded to the Warriors. Did you follow him closely before he became a Warrior?

I may be bitter, but it is for good reason. I hate it when Australia's top athletes turn their backs on their country of birth. Some do it overtly (Mark Philippoussis), others covertly (Bogut, Harry Kewell); claiming injury after injury for not travelling and/or playing, or blaming their club team for not allowing them to play. On the other hand there are role models such as Tim Cahill and Patty Mills who do everything in their power to represent their country of birth.

I think that Bogut is an extremely talented basketball player and arguably one of the best fundamental C's in the NBA (when he's playing) but talent isn't everything. Bogut talks a lot but rarely follows through with actions. Talk is cheap.

Back on topic, I'd take Dwight over Bogut, but I wouldn't want to see either player listed on the Suns roster.
    Yes, I have.

Secondly, the time he did play for Australia, he had to play the point guard position. I'd imagine that's a deterrent. And I am not sure why you care if your country does good or not, I could give a **** if Nickleback won an award even though we are both from America. You think Canadians care if Justin Bieber is awarded by their prime minster?

Your third, that's just you being bitter. Take off the glasses. this applies to your last comment as well. Not wanting these guys on your roster, that's insane.

vCash
    I dont think any one in the league cares for beasly...

gortat and dudley probably wont be enough to get smith, doesnt really do much to upgrade the hawks. unless phx has some picks to throw at atlanta i dont see this happening.

vCash
    Eh gortat is a very nice player. The lakers 1st with him is a solid piece. I think adding Dudley to that would be too much for smith
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    No please. Draft picks and cap space. Unless Suns have a young center........................nope they don't.
    For half a season? No thanks

vCash
    Yes, I have.

Secondly, the time he did play for Australia, he had to play the point guard position. I'd imagine that's a deterrent. And I am not sure why you care if your country does good or not, I could give a **** if Nickleback won an award even though we are both from America. You think Canadians care if Justin Bieber is awarded by their prime minster?

Your third, that's just you being bitter. Take off the glasses. this applies to your last comment as well. Not wanting these guys on your roster, that's insane.
    When has Bogut ever played PG, let alone for the Boomers (Australian men’s national team)? He played C back in juniors when I played against him and has done so ever since as far as I know. He's always been pigeonholed as a C for the Boomers. Australia has plenty of talented guards to choose from.

I am patriotic and like to see my country play well at sport. I couldn’t care less about where crappy musicians come from or what awards they receive (not sure why you used this example), but I would be annoyed if they turned their back on their country of birth.

And you are missing my point about not wanting guys like Dwight, Bogut, Josh Smith etc. on the Suns’ roster. I want players that will bring us a ring after over 40 ring-less seasons, not players that will have us only making the 2nd round of the Playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    When has Bogut ever played PG, let alone for the Boomers (Australian menís national team)? He played C back in juniors when I played against him and has done so ever since as far as I know. He's always been pigeonholed as a C for the Boomers. Australia has plenty of talented guards to choose from.

I am patriotic and like to see my country play well at sport. I couldnít care less about where crappy musicians come from or what awards they receive (not sure why you used this example), but I would be annoyed if they turned their back on their country of birth.

And you are missing my point about not wanting guys like Dwight, Bogut, Josh Smith etc. on the Sunsí roster. I want players that will bring us a ring after over 40 ring-less seasons, not players that will have us only making the 2nd round of the Playoffs.
    No team ever won a title without a top five player (Dwight) or a top five defensive player in the league (Bogut, Still Dwight)

They are pretty good pieces to have. If you think they won't help win a ring, you are ****ing insane.

vCash
    If the Suns happend to land Smith, then this franchise would need to go balls out to get Howard. Otherwise it would be kinda pointless.

vCash
    No team ever won a title without a top five player (Dwight) or a top five defensive player in the league (Bogut, Still Dwight)

They are pretty good pieces to have. If you think they won't help win a ring, you are ****ing insane.
    Well then why haven't Dwight, Bogut, or Josh Smith ever won a ring? I go by history as opposed to assumptions. There's nothing insane about that thought process.

The Suns have an owner who avoids luxury tax at all costs. Orlando couldn't make it work with Dwight with team salary's over $100M. Dwight and Josh Smith together would account for $30M-$35M of the cap. It would be extremely difficult to build a championship team around this duo when they take up so much of a team's salary.

vCash
    I don't know what the Suns have that will intrigue the Hawks, i'll hope they are not naive enough to trade Smith for Beasley. I also hope they are not naive enough to give Smith the max like they did for Joe Johnson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4milesperday View Post
    I don't know what the Suns have that will intrigue the Hawks, i'll hope they are not naive enough to trade Smith for Beasley. I also hope they are not naive enough to give Smith the max like they did for Joe Johnson.
    Suns didn't give JJ the max, that's why he insisted on a trade. The Suns lost JJ after Sarver refused to give JJ an extension.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast