Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 73
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #TeamSachs
    Posts
    23,924
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersMaster24 View Post
    I wish I could get just one chance to manage the Lakers rotations for just one week.
    if so, just don't go on PSD after the game

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Still1Ballin's basement
    Posts
    16,017
    vCash
    1500
    ^llullz
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    LakersLand
    Posts
    7,901
    vCash
    1500


    Id move Pau to starting center, move Dwight to that PF role. I would have Kobe facilitate while Nash plays the kind of Steve Kerr zone. Metta would just be there for occasional 3s. Mainly run the offense through Kobe dishing out to cutting Dwight or posting up Pau. I'd try to tell Dwight that this is just temporarily simply due to the desperation we are in just so his ego doesn't get hurt.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #TeamSachs
    Posts
    23,924
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersMaster24 View Post


    Id move Pau to starting center, move Dwight to that PF role. I would have Kobe facilitate while Nash plays the kind of Steve Kerr zone. Metta would just be there for occasional 3s. Mainly run the offense through Kobe dishing out to cutting Dwight or posting up Pau. I'd try to tell Dwight that this is just temporarily simply due to the desperation we are in just so his ego doesn't get hurt.
    sounds like what phil would do, but he would just give dwight the middle finger if he *****es out in public

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,840
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    So gasol should start?
    Yes. Call me old school. I think the best players should start, or at the very least they should finish close games. Gasol is one of their best players.

    It's funny, though. The one thing almost everybody is in agreement about right now is that Mike D'Antoni sucks as a coach - or that his coaching of this team has sucked. Hard.

    Yet there are so many fans who have bought into the myth - propagated by D'Antoni - that there is not enough room in the paint for two interior players - two big men. They have bought into it, despite the fact that this contradicts the philosophy of at least one coach almost everybody here respects, Phil Jackson. In fact, most coaches who have won titles would disagree with this.

    How many people believe D'Antoni is right about this?

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Yes. Call me old school. I think the best players should start, or at the very least they should finish close games. Gasol is one of their best players.

    It's funny, though. The one thing almost everybody is in agreement about right now is that Mike D'Antoni sucks as a coach - or that his coaching of this team has sucked. Hard.

    Yet there are so many fans who have bought into the myth - propagated by D'Antoni - that there is not enough room in the paint for two interior players - two big men. They have bought into it, despite the fact that this contradicts the philosophy of at least one coach almost everybody here respects, Phil Jackson. In fact, most coaches who have won titles would disagree with this.

    How many people believe D'Antoni is right about this?
    Dantoni probably would ahve gone nuts with healthy Sampson + Hakeem

    uh, how can i fit two PURE centers

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,562
    vCash
    1500
    MDA is a one dimensional coach. Magic was like very very upset and throwing the whole FO in the hiring of this clown coach. Im not a fan of PJ as well but I respect his brilliant style of coaching and substitutions. I thought before that he was a super offensive coach and can adapt to his current personnel but im wrong bec. he is the dumbest among the coaches ive seen in lakers history,

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,646
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Dantoni probably would ahve gone nuts with healthy Sampson + Hakeem

    uh, how can i fit two PURE centers
    ask yourself - why is san antonio so successful and at the top of the conference?

    the answer is....they bring an experienced all-star off the bench. Is Danny Green or the other guy really better than Manu???????? No, but it it's important to bring a force off the bench for a top quality teams.

    That's why the Lakers play better with Pau coming off the bench.

    But if he whines about it..............of course, it may NOT be effective because it ruins team chemistry and creates tension on the team. Frankly, I'm surprised that Pau doesn't understand this.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart1 View Post
    ask yourself - why is san antonio so successful and at the top of the conference?

    the answer is....they bring an experienced all-star off the bench. Is Danny Green or the other guy really better than Manu???????? No, but it it's important to bring a force off the bench for a top quality teams.

    That's why the Lakers play better with Pau coming off the bench.

    But if he whines about it..............of course, it may NOT be effective because it ruins team chemistry and creates tension on the team. Frankly, I'm surprised that Pau doesn't understand this.
    tell when is Manu in the bench on the 4th quarter in a close game.

    Thats Paus main grudge.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,646
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    tell when is Manu in the bench on the 4th quarter in a close game.

    Thats Paus main grudge.
    Well, initially he complained about about not starting. Then, he complained about not being in at the end of a game that we actually won.

    And.................................this thread is about Rubio's comments.

    I've always supported Pau, and I've always appreciated Pau, but he might be sabotaging the Lakers right now for deeper reasons than what we see on the surface.

    Just a possibility.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,840
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaInstinct24 View Post
    If I were gasol I'd be more worried about playing in crunch time than being in the starting lineup
    I kind of feel like he had gotten to that point, since it wasn't hurting his play any. That's the way many people were rationalizing the move, comparing it to Odom and Ginobili, and pointing out that who starts doesn't matter as much as minutes played and who finishes. This is a reasonable point, even though I do believe he should start.

    Then D'Antoni went and took it a step further by benching Gasol in a close game in which he was playing very well - essentially undermining the above rationalization and emphasizing, via that decision, that Gasol is "just another sub". A lot of people are quick to turn on Pau, but in his shoes, they'd be insulted.

    Most fans agree that there's a lot that goes along with getting a big salary. Mainly, responsibility. That means, as long as you're drawing that salary, you shouldn't be content to sit on the bench while others decide the game, especially when you know you have a lot to offer your team.

    Those players should never be left out of the end of a game unless they are truly stinking up the game. That goes for everybody. I'm not sure, but I think I recall Phil doing it once or twice in the 11 years he was here. (Although what I recall was a benching of the starters collectively, as opposed to singling one guy out and embarrassing him.) So when D'Antoni sat Gasol during a close 4th quarter earlier in the season, it raised an eyebrow, but since it happened during the time Gasol was really struggling, it could be rationalized. "I was trying to win the game." However, it also raised an eyebrow when he refused to sit Howard even situationally and instead allowed him to single-handedly lose at least a couple of games at the free throw line... even bristling when asked about it later.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,840
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tytanium 24 View Post
    D'antoni or not... Pau needs to go.
    I think D'Antoni is the only reason Pau might need to go.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart1 View Post
    Well, initially he complained about about not starting. Then, he complained about not being in at the end of a game that we actually won.

    And.................................this thread is about Rubio's comments.

    I've always supported Pau, and I've always appreciated Pau, but he might be sabotaging the Lakers right now for deeper reasons than what we see on the surface.

    Just a possibility.
    On the contrary its dantonis not so hidden intentions of run pau out of town what is sabotaging the lakers.
    He is doing everything in his hand to drive Pau crazy and have him ASKING for the trade and being the one that gets the villian reputation whilst he stays clean as the " inocent victim".

    he thought benching pau woudl be enough, but he saw he is playing well and providing 3 consecutive win no less, and when in the NO game he saw he was 7 7 7 on his way to a more than probable triple double and another win he realized he needed to force his hand even More to get what he wants.

    you ahve to be BLIND to not see it.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hereford, England
    Posts
    912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    It is amazing how little people understand about basketball and match ups here. You'd think after having watched the Lakers lose as much as they have, fans would have picked up that it has nothing to do with D'Antoni and everything to do with a poorly assembled team. People still calling for Gasol and Howard to play together is hilarious.
    Very much this, been saying this all season.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hereford, England
    Posts
    912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    On the contrary its dantonis not so hidden intentions of run pau out of town what is sabotaging the lakers.
    He is doing everything in his hand to drive Pau crazy and have him ASKING for the trade and being the one that gets the villian reputation whilst he stays clean as the " inocent victim".

    he thought benching pau woudl be enough, but he saw he is playing well and providing 3 consecutive win no less, and when in the NO game he saw he was 7 7 7 on his way to a more than probable triple double and another win he realized he needed to force his hand even More to get what he wants.

    you ahve to be BLIND to not see it.
    This is probably the single most biased, ridiculous suggestion you have ever written

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •