Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    my friends tried horse sashimi in japan when they did their 3rd year of law school over there... said it was really good
    It's fantastic. Goes great with beer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagaminosteven View Post
    It's fantastic. Goes great with beer.
    Everything tastes better when you wash it down with beer.

Not gonna lie though, I'd love to eat some horse sashimi.

vCash
    Well this went down a road I didn't expect it to go down. Just to clarify, I don't think I'm above people who choose to eat meat. That's their choice just like it's my choice not to. Watch the documentary Earthlings if you'd like to see why I choose to live this way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY View Post
    Well this went down a road I didn't expect it to go down. Just to clarify, I don't think I'm above people who choose to eat meat. That's their choice just like it's my choice not to. Watch the documentary Earthlings if you'd like to see why I choose to live this way.
    Do you use shampoo?

Body soaps?

Any medicine ever created in a laboratory?

What about some plastics?

Some glues?

How about some inks?

Not eating animals doesn't mean you're avoiding animal cruelty. It just means you're avoiding eating animals that may or may not have been treated cruelly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Do you use shampoo?

Body soaps?

Some glues?

How about some inks?

Not eating animals doesn't mean you're avoiding animal cruelty. It just means you're avoiding eating animals that may or may not have been treated cruelly.
    I use Vegan body wash and shampoo. I use ibuprofen if I have a bad headache, ya I'm guilty of that. I don't have any use for plastics or glues to be honest. Ya well I refuse to take part in it and that's my choice.

vCash
    I use Vegan body wash and shampoo. I use ibuprofen if I have a bad headache, ya I'm guilty of that. I don't have any use for plastics or glues to be honest. Ya well I refuse to take part in it and that's my choice.
    Barring an extreme lifestyle (like Cody Lundin living in the desert hippy), I'd bet all of my future wages that within 20 feet of your front door is an egregious example of animal cruelty.

I guess my point is this: we're not going to ever stop using animals for things. Rather than avoiding all of the benefits of using our resources (animals in this case), I think it'd be wiser to work toward ways to make processes more humane for animals.

vCash
    not cool. I'll eat almost all grazing animals, but horse and donkey ain't one of 'em. I'm not really sure why, lol
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Do you use shampoo?

Body soaps?

Some glues?

How about some inks?

why r u giving the guy heat for being vegan? Its not like he's trying to throw it in anyone's face, just let him be
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    I'll check that one out. Peaceable Kingdom did it for me.

Do you use shampoo?

Body soaps?

Some glues?

How about some inks?

Or the bees that are kept captive to pollinate the farms for nuts and veggies that vegans eat? Or the BACTERIA ON THE PLANTS? They're alive too!

This is why I hate the vegan/vegetarian conversation. Somebody will dissect your way of life until they find one contradiction as if that could shatter the entire thing.

It's about being aware; caring; giving a ****; making an effort to minimize the cruelty. You don't have to be perfect in every action to care and make a difference.

It's funny that these days the radicals are the ones seeking an increase of compassion. Part of the reason I've given up hope for our species.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    why r u giving the guy heat for being vegan? Its not like he's trying to throw it in anyone's face, just let him be
    I'm not giving him heat for being vegan. I have no qualms with such a lifestyle, but it's practically impossible to live a connected life in modern society without contributing to animal cruelty. I'm pointing out general hypocrisy.

I'm not advocating torturing animals or even cruelty. However, many of the advancements that we enjoy are directly related to animal cruelty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Or the bees that are kept captive to pollinate the farms for nuts and veggies that vegans eat? Or the BACTERIA ON THE PLANTS? They're alive too!

This is why I hate the vegan/vegetarian conversation. Somebody will dissect your way of life until they find one contradiction as if that could shatter the entire thing.

It's about being aware; caring; giving a ****; making an effort to minimize the cruelty. You don't have to be perfect in every action to care and make a difference.

It's funny that these days the radicals are the ones seeking an increase of compassion. Part of the reason I've given up hope for our species.
    It's not dissecting your lifestyle. It's the claims along the lines of "I don't like cruelty" when your very lifestyle necessitates some cruelty alternative to (and often part of) what most people are tolerant of. I HAAAAAAAAAAATE more than anything when someone pulls the "watch this video and you'll understand" card. We're a species that had no problem dropping atomic bombs on innocent people. We're ****ed up. Watching a sob story isn't going to make me realize that we're ****ed up - I get that now. It's natural for people to want to eat meat. It's natural to want to eat plants.

Many forms of life require another form of life for food. It's just the nature of life. Who are we to judge if a plant is more/less valuable than an animal or vice versa? Eat because we need food. Eat responsibly because we're all dependent on earth to provide a place to live.

vCash
    What would you rather eat, horse....or ammonia-washed 'pink slime'?

You'd be surprised about the disgusting products they put in some of our food.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    What would you rather eat, horse....or ammonia-washed 'pink slime'?

You'd be surprised about the disgusting products they put in some of our food.
    Pink slime made burgers taste better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Pink slime made burgers taste better.
    This is true, same with the slime they use to make chicken nuggets

vCash
    I am Mr. Hands.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast