Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    15,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEAR10 View Post
    It's getting a lottery pick, absolute no brainer. We are going to be picking in the 6-10 range if we don't bink a top 3. It's critical that we add another young piece to this puzzle to go along with our cap space.

    Pretty funny that people on here think losing 4 straight games to the Heat will somehow give us this magical experience that will make us better in the playoffs in the future. Young teams lose in the playoffs then later succeed because they you know, get better. Not because they have had a losing experience.

    Starting next year we can definitely start rooting for this team to make the playoffs and do damage.
    Everybody said that last year. And the year before.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    lukass' closet
    Posts
    4,513
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    Everybody said that last year. And the year before.
    Coming into this year i did think playoffs for us. Never can get off to a good start.

    If Bynum/CV were playing things could be different.

    Also didnt expect Stuckey to be this bad.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    197
    vCash
    1500
    Well lol @ people who said that the year before and the year before that, as this teams roster has had abortion written all over it for awhile now. With Drummond's emergence though it changes everything.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,860
    vCash
    1500
    Ben Mclemore would be amazing for us.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,881
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEAR10 View Post
    Well lol @ people who said that the year before and the year before that, as this teams roster has had abortion written all over it for awhile now. With Drummond's emergence though it changes everything.
    So your going to end up being like the other people also right?

    Get this guy the ball!!!!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    53
    vCash
    1500
    I'd rather have us make the playoff and get some playoff experience. Even if we get swept its still the playoff atmosphere that will make the young team play so much harder to get back there again next year. Plus with all the money coming off the cap at the end of the year maybe we could sign someone good, and they might want to come here because were a young and coming playoff team.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7
    vCash
    1500
    I wouldn't be overly disappointed either way. Probably prefer that we get another lotto pick though. Would love to see joe d flip Calderon along with a couple a couple others for a younger cheaper pg or sg and another first rounder.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    11,445
    vCash
    1500
    I totally misread the question(thought it said will we make the playoffs)....I wouldn't mind making the playoffs, but it would be more beneficial if we miss the playoffs and retain our pick.

    Lottery Pick > Swept by Knicks



    AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞

    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,881
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I totally misread the question(thought it said will we make the playoffs)....I wouldn't mind making the playoffs, but it would be more beneficial if we miss the playoffs and retain our pick.

    Lottery Pick > Swept by Knicks
    Lol @ us getting swept by the Knicks. That wouldn't happen. If we do make the playoffs. I HOPE we play them.

    Get this guy the ball!!!!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,717
    vCash
    1500
    I want Otto Porter or Trey Burke more than the playoffs this year. We're just not ready.


    Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    261
    vCash
    1500
    Where we will probably be picking in the 10-14 range if we miss the playoffs. Lottery balls are have not been very kind to us in the past and will be even worse with a lower lotto pick. At some point you have to stop saying next year WILL be the year. I would rather have this group gain some kind of playoff experience and have something to build onto for the next season. I think it shows some progress and direction which is sorely needed. Also, this years draft crop isn't that spectacular. It seems like a no brainer to give up this years first to not be forced for the years to follow. You never know, maybe Joe D shocks us all at the deadline and obtains another late first.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    197
    vCash
    1500
    Man, the Buffalo Bills should have killed it in Super Bowl XXVIII!!!!

    After being there 3 straight years and gaining all that Super Bowl experience, wow, no team should have had a shot!!!!

    Oh wait, it's talent,preparation, and execution that wins games, not some mythical been there factor that wins games. Casual fan logic at it's worst in this thread.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    lukass' closet
    Posts
    4,513
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenonsense View Post
    I want Otto Porter or Trey Burke more than the playoffs this year. We're just not ready.
    Take on a bad contract to get both

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    15,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEAR10 View Post
    Man, the Buffalo Bills should have killed it in Super Bowl XXVIII!!!!

    After being there 3 straight years and gaining all that Super Bowl experience, wow, no team should have had a shot!!!!

    Oh wait, it's talent,preparation, and execution that wins games, not some mythical been there factor that wins games. Casual fan logic at it's worst in this thread.
    And look at the Wolves, Kings, Raptors, Wizards...

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Mi
    Posts
    500
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEAR10 View Post
    Man, the Buffalo Bills should have killed it in Super Bowl XXVIII!!!!

    After being there 3 straight years and gaining all that Super Bowl experience, wow, no team should have had a shot!!!!

    Oh wait, it's talent,preparation, and execution that wins games, not some mythical been there factor that wins games. Casual fan logic at it's worst in this thread.
    Says the guy who never posts. Look, I understand your point that the pick is important and that we are not going to be magically better because we went to the playoffs the year before, but you can't say that playing in high pressure games and getting a taste of the post season inst going to make a difference to a young team finding their way.

    Just as you mock us for saying playoff experience is the way to go, you cant draft high every year and just expect to get better next year, at some point you have to start winning and set that as the expectation. If you keep losing every year eventually you get half of the team thinking that's the norm and the other half, who actually want to win, they don't sign extensions and leave for another team with a winning culture.
    Last edited by kduce; 02-05-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •