Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The B.I.G question on everybody's mind.

In your opinion do you want to make the playoffs this year?

The big problem is in making the playoffs, we would lose our first round pick this year (from the Ben Gordon trade)

Some people, including me believe that this summer is a possible gamechanger in terms of becoming a perrenial playoff contender (and more) or still being in the rebuild process.

More then likely if we made the playoffs we would be facing the Miami Heat in the first round, so that it something to think about as well. If we kept our pick by missing the playoffs this year I would hope it would be used on a young scorer such as Trey Burke or a young athletic wingman. With the addition of the draft we will have a ton of cap space to make moves through free agency ( unlikely to land a big name contract because of today's nba) or land a possible franchise wingman through a trade (more then likely, given Joe D's history on trades. Lets face it Joe Dumars has been more successful through trades then FA... Dumping Ben Gordon, Aquiring Ben Wallace, Rasheed, RIP)... this summer is very exciting because as I stated earlier it has a potential to be a gamechanger summer and thrust us right into the playoffs.

Onnnnnnn the flip side of all this it is widely stated that this draft class is quite weak all around and it would be better for our Young team to gain Valuable Playoff experience.

Whats your opinion

vCash
    I hope we make the playoffs.

vCash
    Playoffs. I mean its going to take a hell of a run to even meet that this year

vCash
    Playoffs.

vCash
    I say no, because Toronto leap frogs us....

#HandItOnly2Bell
    SigBet that Suh stays in Detroit
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Sig bet!
    Sig bet!
    I'll step up. I'm pretty sure he's gone too.

vCash
    I'm all in for playoffs. Whatever happens, I'm happy either way.

NBA'S Next Most Dominant Big Man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGvryuQDtWA
    FIND ME ON TWITTER @pistons_talk

vCash
    Playoffs please. I'm tired of watching other teams in the playoffs.

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    You'd be stuck watching other teams in the playoffs after 4 quick sweeping games against Miami, anyways.

Lottery, please.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Ohh man imagine Drummond in that playoff mentality...yikes!

Detroit Lions (10-4)
    AAL - Teryl Austin (Defensive Coordinator)

-----
    Detroit Pistons (5-19)
    #MaxMooseMonroe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I hope we make the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Playoffs. I mean its going to take a hell of a run to even meet that this year
    Quote Originally Posted by Lions #81 View Post
    Playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBadBoy View Post
    I'm all in for playoffs. Whatever happens, I'm happy either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Playoffs please. I'm tired of watching other teams in the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor007 View Post
    Ohh man imagine Drummond in that playoff mentality...yikes!
    This.

vCash
    I wont be mad either way but I am just ready to see this team back in the playoffs.

vCash
    Playoffs. We need the experience and plus even making the playoffs is going to take a certain resilience that should be enough to make us proud. I'd rather lose our draft pick right now in a weak draft year. PLUS if we really want to draft we have a lot of cap space and we might be able to take on a salary from another team and get some picks along with it. Even if we get lit up and destroyed by Miami we might as well get the growing pains out of the way and get the shell shock now before we actually start making a real run. I'd rather learn from the beat down now then get caught of guard by it in a year or two when we SHOULD be good enough to go far, but dont because of lack of playoff experience. Im glad so many others feel the same way I do... we have been floundering and learning enough its time to start doing something!

vCash
    It's getting a lottery pick, absolute no brainer. We are going to be picking in the 6-10 range if we don't bink a top 3. It's critical that we add another young piece to this puzzle to go along with our cap space.

Pretty funny that people on here think losing 4 straight games to the Heat will somehow give us this magical experience that will make us better in the playoffs in the future. Young teams lose in the playoffs then later succeed because they you know, get better. Not because they have had a losing experience.

Starting next year we can definitely start rooting for this team to make the playoffs and do damage.

vCash
    All you guys are doing is repeating cleshay's that you've heard on SportsCenter your entire lives. I challenge you all to think outside what has been shoved down your throats all these years and think about this rationally.

How does getting swept by the Miami Heat this year (and losing what could be a superstars in the draft, but more likely a starter for years to come) make us better going forward? If we are the 6th seed in 2014 and beat the Knicks or Nets or somebody else in the 1st rd I can absolutely promise you it's not because we got swept in 2013 and "learned" something from it. It's because out team got much better at placing the basketball into the hoop and stopping the other team from doing the same.

vCash
    making the playoffs and getting swept will not help this teams future, this team needs one more core player and we can get that in the draft, the lions made the playoffs and look what happened the next year, i rather get on more lottery pick, also if the team makes the playoffs joe-d will most likely overpay to keep guys like calderon, maxiell etc. when he can get a young guy in the draft and spend some money one some talent in free agency
    POP! POP!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast