Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    It's too bad drunk driving is so much fun.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

vCash
    Grace career WAR rate is 3.12 (per 600 PA)...not so impressive.
    through 09/03/2014...

2014 Giancarlo Stanton

138/138 G
    .295/86/36/102/10 | .410 wOBA | 163 wRC+ | 5.64 WPA | 5.9 fWAR | 6.4 rWAR

He's comin' for that title, Mike Trout

134/138 G
    .285/92/31/98/13 | .396 wOBA | 161 wRC+ | 5.51 WPA | 6.3 fWAR | 6.6 rWAR

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I wonder if he will have a few "slumpbusters" lined up in jail.
    I was going to post that the other day. But I didn't do it because I figured that the mods would probably have deleted it.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    God your grammar is atrocious
    Wat yous be a talkin about? Me grammar are just mighty fine. Perhappy is be your reeding gramar not so cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I personally never had to have one. I do think it's a crock that nobody seems to sell decent breathalizers for people to buy.

I do think it would be a little much to make it standard in all cars. Pretty inconvenient if you are hoping in your car to run a quick errand, every time you go to lunch, etc. Just coming and going, heading to get groceries etc. Some people don't even drink at all.

I never had one, so I couldn't tell you. But I'm sure it's a solid deterrent for those that do have drinking problems.
    Breathylizers for Sale
    http://www.alcotester.com/categories...Breathalyzers/

I don't know if they are decent though.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Mark Grace is a disgrace
    He needs a reverend to help him make the right decisions
    then he won't have to go to prison, just like the 49ers
    needed a reverend today to help them stay focused
    Without the right support, you can easily mess up
    as proven by Mark Grace and the 49ers

vCash
    This note is to WadeKobe as well who lauded Jeffy 25,denial is not just the name of a river in Egypt.
    AA is an effective way to quit drinking IF you're committed to doing so.

The idea that AA caters to week-minded individuals is ridiculous in that the commitment to give up an addiction takes a tremendous amount of courage and desire and to automatically dismiss these people is an afront to their courage

FYI, check out the link: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/info/addiction/

Merely saying that you get drunk 3 times a week, WadeKobe, because you work in the industry is an excuse for your alcohol dependency. Wake up and go get help. If you're not an AA kind of guy, go do something else before you get behind the wheel of a car and kill someone.

If you're the type of guy who can get drunk and fool yourself into thinking that just because you haven't got caught yet, everything is ok, your fooling yourself. You may go your whole life never getting caught, but you are doing irrepperable harm to your liver and and are riking your life and the lives of every driver you pass on the road. In short, you's a selfish bastard with utter disregard for anyone's life. When you do get in that inevitable accident, I sincerely hope you are unharmed and, more importantly, I hope it's a single car accident.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by adab View Post
    This note is to WadeKobe as well who lauded Jeffy 25,denial is not just the name of a river in Egypt.
    AA is an effective way to quit drinking IF you're committed to doing so.

The idea that AA caters to week-minded individuals is ridiculous in that the commitment to give up an addiction takes a tremendous amount of courage and desire and to automatically dismiss these people is an afront to their courage

FYI, check out the link: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/info/addiction/

Merely saying that you get drunk 3 times a week, WadeKobe, because you work in the industry is an excuse for your alcohol dependency. Wake up and go get help. If you're not an AA kind of guy, go do something else before you get behind the wheel of a car and kill someone.

If you're the type of guy who can get drunk and fool yourself into thinking that just because you haven't got caught yet, everything is ok, your fooling yourself. You may go your whole life never getting caught, but you are doing irrepperable harm to your liver and and are riking your life and the lives of every driver you pass on the road. In short, you's a selfish bastard with utter disregard for anyone's life. When you do get in that inevitable accident, I sincerely hope you are unharmed and, more importantly, I hope it's a single car accident.
    Let me ask you. Have you ever done a lot of drinking in your lifetime? Socially or alone even?

Pretty sure Wade and myself have clearly pointed out how we do not drink and drive, and if we do drink, it's in an appropriate setting and situation............ya know, the responsible way of handling it.

Drinking three nights a week does not mean someone has an alcohol dependency. Because I used to get drunk every night does not mean I had an alcohol dependency. I quit drinking because I wanted to quit drinking. I didn't need AA, and I didn't need any outside help. I just quit and stopped running around with the same people that always wanted to get drunk.

It's not that damn hard. Just make adult decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    ^^ superb post.

I got pulled over 10 years ago when I was 17 and blew a .03 in VA. The officer let my sober friend drive the rest of the way home and let me off. The fear of getting a DUI stayed with me forever. I am not an alcoholic. I get drunk 3 nights a week because I work in the industry, have friends in the industry, and spend my life around it.

However, I don't ever drive. I have countless parking tickets and cab receipts that have cost me over $1000 over the last three years. I will never trade them for a DUI. There is no excuse. You have to decide, in your head, when sober, that driving home isnt an option. It has to be a life commitment. You won't make the right choice drunk if you haven already made it sober.

And yea... Just don't do it. It is that easy.
    You poor soul....

vCash
    You can't defend that you don't have a drinking problem.

You can't. If anyone asks you 'do you have a drinking problem?'

No defense in the world will make it sound like you don't. You can't say 'I don't have a drinking problem' without it sounding like you have a drinking problem

vCash
    Good, go to jail.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25.
    It bothers me that cops will go down the street and wait to pick off drunk drivers from a down town area. Why not just sit out side the bar and give people breathalizers that are considering driving home? No. Because it's a revenue generator. Even though doing it once can cost many people their jobs, and really be a sign of ruin.
    This has confused me for a LONG time. Everyone is so adamant about getting drunks off the street but doing the obvious (sitting outside bars) is completely off limits. I too, would have at least one DUI if they did sit outside of bars but it would be a lot safer for everyone.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Jeffy:

Alright, I buy the fact that you used to drink every night of the week but as you stated you didn't really have an alcohol dependency. If you've ever seen a real lush you know that it isn't as easy as quitting cold turkey when you start shaking after 24 hours without alcohol and feel like you want to die. It really isn't very simple. I've known people who have "quit" only to hop back on the wagon when they felt like they were safe. If you are a former alcoholic you can NEVER drink again, even socially. You've crossed the line and you can't uncross it.

And believe me, the people who are going to AA are the kinds of alcoholics that have hit rock bottom and now have to claw their way out of the **** and I don't think that's the kind of thing most people on here can relate to assuming they've never lost their jobs because they couldn't stay sober for 8 hours.

vCash
    Drinking three nights a week does not mean someone has an alcohol dependency. Because I used to get drunk every night does not mean I had an alcohol dependency. I quit drinking because I wanted to quit drinking. I didn't need AA, and I didn't need any outside help. I just quit and stopped running around with the same people that always wanted to get drunk.

It's not that damn hard. Just make adult decisions.
    It's great that it's that simple for you, but extrapolating from your experience the idea that alcohol addiction is "easy to kick" and only requires "adult decisions" is wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong.

vCash

It's not that damn hard. Just make adult decisions
    Unless....you know.....your family has a long line of "alcoholism" in their genes, and that decision to quit....isn't so damn easy....like yourself.

I don't know you, but to say: "I didn't need AA, and I didn't need outside help" is meaningless if you are just some random guy who drank liquor with his buddies growing up. I know people who have alcoholic grandparents, alcoholic parents, and on their way to being alcholics because of genetics.

Yes, they are weak for continuing the illness, but "your" experience is nothing similar to anyone else's. You hung around people who wanted to get drunk, it doesn't sound like you never had an everlasting sensation to quench your thirst with alcohol (like some people have). That is alcoholism, not cutting ties with your idiot friends who enjoy drinking alcohol like sailors.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast