Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Holliday: Two strikes and you're out for PED use

ST. LOUIS • In the wake of the Miami New Times report that links Alex Rodriguez, Gio Gonzalez, Nelson Cruz and others to a Miami clinic being investigated for alleged distribution of illegal performance-enhancing drugs, baseball is back in the throes of criticism for a drug culture that even strict testing rules haven't been able to lasso.

Count Cardinals outfielder Matt Holliday among the critics.

Holliday joined Casey Stern and Jim Bowden on SiriusXM's MLB Network Radio on Wednesday and suggested that harsher penalties should be in place to deter the use of performance-enhancing drugs such as human growth hormone and steroids. The left fielder explained to the hosts how his opinion on the current penalties has changed and how he believes in a two-strikes-and-you're-out policy.

That is: A second test results in a lifetime ban.
    http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...bAHQQ.facebook

Thoughts?
    Last edited by redbird89; 01-31-2013 at 02:40 PM.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    I'd support that. These guys just aren't getting that you can't use this stuff.

I'd also be will go with things like known steroid users that were users before baseball cracked down will be given a "clean slate" to start. So basically if you were caught pre 2005 and you get caught again then your treated as a first time offender.

Not fair IMO to punish guys who were caught doing what everyone else was doing. That was baseballs fault for turning a blinds eye.

vCash
    I like it. I think there should be mandatory testing every series or every week or every other week. I mean this stuff is just getting out of hand. Lay the damn book down on these guys Selig! It's not fair to the guys that aren't using. Thats why I love the times of Mickey Mantle/Babe Ruth and so on and then of course Stan the Man, those guys just played the game right.

Alot of the guys today do play the game right today and I'm truly proud and glad to see them in the league. I support Hollidays thoughts for sure. Two positives no matter what your out of baseball for good. Seems damn fair to me.

vCash
    sounds like a good policy to me