38 23.90%
  • Grizzlies

44 27.67%
  • Raptors

77 48.43%
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Well I know is one game but it took Prince no time to fit in with Memphis he is so freaking smart and a WAY better defender then Gay.

Also great game by Rudy Gay I love it especailly beating the clips.

Maybe just maybe we all won the trade I don't get this raptors fan hating on Memphis.
    I haven't said it was a bad trade for Memphis. I said it was a good trade all teams involved. Each team got what they wanted.

Its more Detroit fans I've been arguing with because they claim they won the trade because they got Jose freaking Calderon.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Well I know is one game but it took Prince no time to fit in with Memphis he is so freaking smart and a WAY better defender then Gay.

Also great game by Rudy Gay I love it especailly beating the clips.

Maybe just maybe we all won the trade I don't get this raptors fan hating on Memphis.
    Prince is a very high IQ player.He doesn't score a lot but its not because he can't he's just very smart with the ball and rarely takes bad shots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    I haven't said it was a bad trade for Memphis. I said it was a good trade all teams involved. Each team got what they wanted.

Its more Detroit fans I've been arguing with because they claim they won the trade because they got Jose freaking Calderon.
    We're arguing with you because you don't understand that the trade really wasn't so much about Calderon to us.It was to clear cap space and a log jam blocking young players.You continue to act like we think we traded for some star and will be crushed if he doesn't resign with us.

vCash
    Rudy had a helluva game tonight...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    Prince is a very high IQ player.He doesn't score a lot but its not because he can't he's just very smart with the ball and rarely takes bad shots.
    This!!He fits like a glove with Gasol who is also smart.

vCash
    I think we can all agree that it was a good trade for everyone involved. This is how trades should work, when all teams involved get what they want.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    I think we can all agree that it was a good trade for everyone involved. This is how trades should work, when all teams involved get what they want.
    I agree Detroit already won the trade because of the money but for us is gonna take time for people to see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    We're arguing with you because you don't understand that the trade really wasn't so much about Calderon to us.It was to clear cap space and a log jam blocking young players.You continue to act like we think we traded for some star and will be crushed if he doesn't resign with us.
    At the same time people are ripping the Raptors for taking on Rudy's salary, I agree with the people who say this trade is good for all 3 teams.

vCash
    Well Raptors were the only team that got better, I dont understand it for Pistons they help another team in EAST get better and get a PG when they just drafted one last year.

The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

vCash
    Next year the Raptors have $62M in guaranteed contracts, and they have to resign DeRozan. The year after they have $52M in contracts, plus whatever DeRozan makes, and they have to resign Lowry. Unless by some miracle they manage to move Bargnani and Fields, this is basically their team for through 2015. It looks like to me they're banking on Jonas Valanciunas panning out so they can have Amir Johnson play PF. If Jonas becomes a double double player and Terrence Ross becomes a decent 6th man, they've got a 1st or 2nd round team. But those are big ifs. Otherwise they're looking at journeymen to fill those slots because they have no cap space or tradeable assets to acquire better players. Except for Lowry, everyone on a non-rookie contract is overpaid and difficult to trade (of course, Rudy Gay got traded, so....).

That's why people are saying that Toronto didn't win this trade. They've got at best a 1st round exit, maybe 2nd, with no feasible way of improving their team in the near future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Next year the Raptors have $62M in guaranteed contracts, and they have to resign DeRozan. The year after they have $52M in contracts, plus whatever DeRozan makes, and they have to resign Lowry. Unless by some miracle they manage to move Bargnani and Fields, this is basically their team for through 2015. It looks like to me they're banking on Jonas Valanciunas panning out so they can have Amir Johnson play PF. If Jonas becomes a double double player and Terrence Ross becomes a decent 6th man, they've got a 1st or 2nd round team. But those are big ifs. Otherwise they're looking at journeymen to fill those slots because they have no cap space or tradeable assets to acquire better players. Except for Lowry, everyone on a non-rookie contract is overpaid and difficult to trade (of course, Rudy Gay got traded, so....).

That's why people are saying that Toronto didn't win this trade. They've got at best a 1st round exit, maybe 2nd, with no feasible way of improving their team in the near future.
    I agree pretty much. Except Primo Pasta is getting moved before the deadline, you can count on that. Teams are stupid enough to take him.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    Happiest fan to see Rudy Gay in purple? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7lIjFsGvg

I think so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post

Well, Demar is already extended (and overpaid, IMO, so that just adds one more overpaid player to the list ) and I'd say Bargnani is good as gone, regardless of the return. Otherwise, I pretty much agree.

vCash
    clearly not a championship team unless ross becomes kobe but toronto is in no position to be going for a championship. they need to establish themselves in the league still and become a consistent playoff team. the team they have no from the start of the season would be a playoff team and there is a lot of room for growth within their young players
    go home raptors, you're drunk

vCash
    [QUOTE=selassi3;25271082]Considering this is probably the best SF this young franchise has ever seen

Last edited by LongWayFromHome; 02-02-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jakedajewler View Post
    I don't know who any punters are, that's when i go take a piss

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast