• Raptors

77 48.43%
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Still on the everyone lost bandwagon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    There is absolutly no way the Pistons lost on this trade.For the other two teams thats yet to be seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    There is absolutly no way the Pistons lost on this trade.For the other two teams thats yet to be seen.
    That's true, they turned a 3 year contract into an expiring.. and I'm sure Austin Daye was out of their at this point anyways.. from a salary perspective it makes sense.. it's not like it's a big win, unless they reach a deal with Jose, but it seems they'd be pretty stuffed in the back court..
    They should flip the expiring into something more useful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rammix View Post
    Well dumping his salary without losing any draft picks or jeapordizing our future, to me, is a pretty good deal. Not only that, but Prince was holding us back from committing to the youth, and finally got a true PG we've always wanted. We're obviously gaining the most out of this, while Toronto is just putting themselves in the same situation we were a couple years ago.
    Yeah, you guys got a player who likely won't re sign with you and Toronto got a potential All-Star for an expiring and a fringe starting PF, but Detroit won the deal.

GTFO

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    how did Detroit possibly lose this trade?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Each team got what they wanted.

Detroit got rid of Prince while getting a temporary PG.

Grizzlies got a salary dump while adding depth.

Toronto got a legit SF in his prime who just so happens to be Lowry's best friend.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Memphis and Detroit are winners, I'm not buying it for the Raptors. They're basically capping themselves out for what looks to be a 7-8 seed.

I just never liked this for Toronto. Let the young guys play. Jonas's development might suffer here too. Derozan, Gay, Bargs and even Lowry some nights like to shoot quite a bit.

I dunno, never a fan of it, and to me there was a reason why nobody else bit on a Rudy Gay deal.

vCash
    Wow.......this thread has officially gone to the crapper.

LOL at everyone who insists that only 1 team can win a trade and someone has to lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    how did Detroit possibly lose this trade?
    He doesn't like the Pistons so they lose everything.

vCash
    Every team can't be rebuilding. The purpose of the new CBA is to add balance to the league. While I'm not sure that's what was accomplished, at some point you have to take risk.

Toronto from my understanding while a non-glamour team isn't a small market team so money isn't as big of an issue as getting players there. As I said in another thread I could see them shipping Derozan and Bargnani for a guy like Pau Gasol.

The league is top heavy. Only 4 or 5 team in the entire league at a time are really title contenders the way things are step up now. I think a roster with Lowry/Gay/and a Gasol type player can be as good as Memphis is now. Which is better than rebuilding every 3-5 years.

"Eighteen Twenty-five _______"

vCash
    Everyone talking about money like it's coming out of their pocket. Ownership should have no problems paying the luxury tax.

Gay's role will change in Toronto. He'll be a true #1 option playing alongside a PG in Lowry he already has chemistry with. Toronto won this trade if you look past the money YOU don't have to pay him. Gay will effectively guard the other team's best wing player and provide Toronto with some consistent offense. People forget how good he is because he put up weak numbers this year on a Memphis team that made it clear they wanted to get rid of him.

People are forgetting about the most important piece of this trade. The Raptors also got HAMED HADDADDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    so it happend finally

vCash
    Easily Detroit, they jumped in and dumped their trash for exactly what they needed.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Every team can't be rebuilding. The purpose of the new CBA is to add balance to the league. While I'm not sure that's what was accomplished, at some point you have to take risk.

Toronto from my understanding while a non-glamour team isn't a small market team so money isn't as big of an issue as getting players there. As I said in another thread I could see them shipping Derozan and Bargnani for a guy like Pau Gasol.

The league is top heavy. Only 4 or 5 team in the entire league at a time are really title contenders the way things are step up now. I think a roster with Lowry/Gay/and a Gasol type player can be as good as Memphis is now. Which is better than rebuilding every 3-5 years.
    there was a Lowry, Gay, Gasol roster some years ago.

guess what, they went into the lottery.
    gasol is older now.

Make your math.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rammix View Post
    Well dumping his salary without losing any draft picks or jeapordizing our future, to me, is a pretty good deal. Not only that, but Prince was holding us back from committing to the youth, and finally got a true PG we've always wanted. We're obviously gaining the most out of this, while Toronto is just putting themselves in the same situation we were a couple years ago.
    You've got a true pg for the next 36 games, lol. You traded for cap space. You traded for potentialities, nothing concrete. Potentiality is not greater than a tangible asset. You don't believe that your GM can drop the ball again and sign terrible contracts? Your ownerships unwillingness to spend is what is holding you back. Not Prince...

Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    Its more about freeing up playing time for the younger guys like Singler and Jerebko.I dont know why its so hard to understand for you.Your acting like we were competing and traded away Lebron for a expiring contract or something.
    You're arguing that freeing up playing time for young guys that I'd bet won't even come close to being as good as Rudy Gay means you won the trade? lol Come on man. It was a good trade for Det but they did not benefit the most from it directly. You got the smallest slice of the pie and yet you're here telling me you walked away with the biggest. Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Easily Detroit, they jumped in and dumped their trash for exactly what they needed.
    Since when is cap space better than a fringe All-Star?
    Last edited by gwrighter; 02-01-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast