• Pistons

38 23.90%
  • Grizzlies

44 27.67%
  • Raptors

77 48.43%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Based on what was given up, I think Detroit is the "winner." Really don't see how people think the Grizz won this trade though, yes they saved money but their team got worse. Verdict is still out on how Gay will progress in Toronto.

vCash
    In order for me, Detroit, Memphis, Toronto. Detroit got a reliable rental to help fix their assist to turnover ratio and hit jumpers, while shedding Prince's deal. Memphis upgraded its depth, and wing defense. While it lost a little scoring, it gets better 3 point shooting, and financial flexibility. Toronto got a bad deal here. Gay is not an all star talent, at all, but is paid like a perennial all star player.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmagnet View Post
    Based on what was given up, I think Detroit is the "winner." Really don't see how people think the Grizz won this trade though, yes they saved money but their team got worse. Verdict is still out on how Gay will progress in Toronto.
    I don't know if they end up worse man, Gay was not playing well this year, with a pathetic PER, TS%, offensive rating, and he was being given way too many shots. For all his athletic ability, he just loves to shoot long jumpers, which he simply isn't good at.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    90% of the people here are homers, whats the point?
    As a NBA fan, I think long term, Grizzlies won, short mid-term Toronto won and Detroit will have little benefits besides money (which they can't use in FA because its Detroit) but with that extra 15mill they can over pay their players that don't want to stay there, now thats some Charlie Sheen winning right there...
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I don't know if they end up worse man, Gay was not playing well this year, with a pathetic PER, TS%, offensive rating, and he was being given way too many shots. For all his athletic ability, he just loves to shoot long jumpers, which he simply isn't good at.
    What about the other 6 years? lol Buddy let the man play a full season before you attack him. I understand he isn't in the U.S anymore he has moved up North let the man and his paycheck be... and like I said let MLSE worry about the bills.....You fans just sit back and watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I just love fans that are so clueless that they think they are smart LOLOLOL

Well of course they are butthurt Raptor fans lmfao. (no offense to other raptor fans)

Gay is not worth 18 mill. Your going to trade away a piece of the future in Ed Davis have gay for a couple of season, miss the playoffs, and then lose Gay in Free Agency.
    Well, I see where your coming from.. However, not worth 18 mill maybe not so far this year, but what about the other 6 years he was in the league? Like I said, It is not for you to worry about how the Toronto Raptors are paying bills Ed Davis buddy before two months ago you knew nothin about him, so quit lying to yourself and pretending like you were following him since a Tar Heel. They stil have Amir at the 4 and Bargnani along with Acy. Like I said, he has an upside, there is potential there but you just don't know how solid he will be. If you think other wise watch the 176 games he has played as a professional. And finally, you are no one to predict the future, your going with the general assumption he will leave but fact is you really don't know what will happen with his future.

In other words............

Rudy Gay > Jose/Ed Davis
    OR
    And if you really want = Combined
    Last edited by selassi3; 01-31-2013 at 04:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by selassi3 View Post
    What about the other 6 years? lol Buddy let the man play a full season before you attack him. I understand he isn't in the U.S anymore he has moved up North let the man and his paycheck be... and like I said let MLSE worry about the bills.....You fans just sit back and watch
    He has been in a 3 year regression now, at age 26. With the new CBA, Gay is a contract that will get your team in trouble possibly. $37 million for a decent starting wing for the next 2 years. Raps fans get to sit back and be pissed now.

vCash
    I voted for the pistons. They gave up two pieces that didn't fit in with their long-term plans and cut salary. Those also got some vetern leadership for the next 3 months that will help players develop offensively.

vCash
    Gay has never been worth 18 mil a year nor will he be in the future. enjoy 1 or 2 first round sweeps in Toronto. Grizz will still contend so no way they lose here

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    detroit good a good piece to run their offense with. I'm not sold on what the raps gave up to get Gay. Memphis doesn't become a contender by trading part of their core. Detroit got the best of this deal.

vCash
    Who won THIS trade? Raptors got the best player, so on the surface them,
    BUT this trade will be graded a whole better once we see what each team does with there new found pieces?

Pistons now have cap space, thats a good thing

Grizzles have cap flexabilty moving forward also good to make other moves,

Raptors got a good to great player for a expiring contract and a player at postion where they are deep,

Now once those teams show why they made this deal and use those assests to up-grade or just to save money, then you can tell,

If the grizzles just pocket the saving, the owners won put the fans lost
    If the pistons have anther Ben gordan, charlie. V summer, well they lose again

If the raptors can't add more high-end talent around gay, then he walks in 2 seasons, raptors lose big-time cause he cost so much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by selassi3 View Post
    Mannn I guess as soon as you mention a player and the Raptors it's just never positive. Rudy Gay is by far the best player in the trade. As far as who won the trade, too early to predict anything however I believe Toronto did.

Detroit-
    Jose Calderon is 31 years old, and as nice and pure as a PG he is, he still cannot play defense, which will put Detroit's D in a situation when there scrapping to rotate just to cover Jose lack of guarding. With that being said he's also a free agent at the end of the year, and considering he only knows Toronto since coming from Spain 7 years ago, his house, family is still here and he's pretty much fell in love with the country I can see him back in a Raptor uniform playing whatever role Coach wants him to, just because he wants to see Toronto succeed.

Memphis- I mean you gave away your leading scorer, landed Tayshaun which should provide a more of a role player role at the 3 spot, and received a player in Ed Davis who has only been playing 'good' for about 2 months now. Davis still has no mid range, and has pretty much one post up move, and i've seen players like Tristan Thompson work him. On the plus side he is quick off his feet so blocking and rebounding is a real bonus but offensively still getting better. With that being said the potential is there but you just never know.

Toronto- How they got worse is beyond me. If anyone mentioned Ed Davis, and Jose Calderon for Gay at the start of the season anyone and everyone would of said Bryan Colangelo is ******** for proposing such trade as no one with an NBA brain would accept. Three months into the season and it's exactly what happened. Considering this is probably the best SF this young franchise has ever seen, disregarding his numbers thus far, Rudy Gay is a borderline allstar who despite what anyone thinks is exactly what the Raptors needed. After all how much can anyone outside of this city know about the Toronto Raptors?
    and although he hasn't been the most efficient player thus far he's still capable of being a really good player. With Lowry/Demar/Gay/Bargnani/Val the starting lineup should be interesting. You're not guarding any of those 4 players at once. Period.
    Detroit didn't do it for just his play. They gave up someone with a three year contract for someone who is expiring.

Toronto is now starting bargs again, they lose cap flexibility due to multitudes of bad contract, and they will still miss the playoffs. Obvious win here for the Raptors. They were ninth in offensive efficiency since he has been out, very bad with him in.

Good job Raptors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    unlike the detroit pistons are doing any better....
    We're in a better position than the Raptors. We free'd up lost of cap space to make a signing, for someone like hmm.. OJ Mayo? And our draft pick as well.
    Calderon
    Knight/Draft Pick
    Mayo
    Monroe
    Drummond

And that's just saying we do sign someone like that. Regardless, we end up in a good situation, instead of Toronto where they're taking a risk. A team who signed Fields, Drafted Ross, and traded for Gay. Even if Gay works out, they brought in players of all the same position.

So don't make a fool outta' yourself... Please

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    I think all three teams made out pretty well.

Detroit got to shed a contract. They have Magette and Singler to play SF and didn't need a third guy. So they traded off a big contract for an expiring, and they get a traditional PG (who is still very tradable and could bring them some nice assets). It would be interesting to see what this team can get done with a traditional PG though.

Memphis got Ed Davis in the trade, which is nice since they let speights go and needed to add some depth the front court. He's a young player with promise on a rookie contract. They also got Prince back, who is cheaper than Gay, and he has championship experience and is a great defender on the wing, which will come in handy should they meet up with Kobe or Durant in the post season, or LBJ. But they will miss the fact that Gay could create his own shot. Still, they are paying out less money now and the team I think is at least as good as they were before the trade, and perhaps better defensively now.

Toronto got a legit All-Star caliber player. Will he make them better? I dunno. His FG% is down this year, and in Toronto he will get a lot of attention from defenses. And it seems like TO has too many SFs/SGs. I like Gay a lot as a player, but I don't think he's good enough to turn things around in Toronto by himself. Lowry and Gay are a nice combo, but not as nice as a lot of other combos out there, and unless the Raps can get something back for Bargnani soon, the Raptors aren't going to have much to work with this season or next since they already traded their first-round pick away. As a Raps fan I am not optimistic that this trade is going to make the team any better.

Detroit made out well. Memphis made out well, and Toronto got the best player in the deal.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    If Celtics blow it up and Bynum remains out, they can get the eight seed. Pistons can do this.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast