38 23.90%
  • Grizzlies

44 27.67%
  • Raptors

77 48.43%
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who got the best of the trade?

dont know if this was asked already, but who do you guys think got the best of the trade?

Pistons receive: Jose Calderon

Grizzlies receive: Ed Davis, Tayshaun Prince, Austin Daye, Toronto 2nd round pick

Raptors receive: Rudy Gay, Hamed Haddadi
    Last edited by mosesedan; 01-31-2013 at 03:32 PM. Reason: a

vCash
    There is no conceivable way the Pistons lost this trade.

vCash
    You might want to mention the trade that happened. In this case, I believe Toronto got the better trade. Calderon is old and Rudy Gay is still a young star.

vCash
    i say det.they have a distributor finally and one that will be off the books soon and they can go after smith or whoever with that capspace

vCash
    Tie between Pistons and Grizz.

Pistons finally have a true PG and a more productive player while saving $15M.

Calderon lobs to Drummond . Hes the kind of PG Monroe and Drummond need.
    Last edited by Gators123; 01-31-2013 at 03:39 PM.

vCash
    Detrot for sure. And Gay is overrated

vCash
    lowry and gay could work, raptors should try giving up derozan/ross and bargnani for millsap, or maybe even josh smith. they have options

vCash
    I think Detroit got the best of the deal. Calderon is a good player and I think he'll be a good building piece for them. I think Raptors lost as they will expect too much out of Rudy Gay and he won't provide that for them.

The Grizzles did well but lost because chemistry won't be the same.

vCash
    i dont think anyone really lost. Pistons have a shot at the playoffs and Calderon is playing very well this year and is a big expiring deal. Raptors will just become a little better but i cant see them getting worse with this trade, just wanna see how Gay effects Derozans progress. As for the Grizz I think moving Gay was addition by subtraction and they are arguably better without him. They bring in a solid vet in Prince who will fit right in and a decent young backup to him with Daye who sohuld be serviceable at least.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

vCash
    Pistons and Grizz won.

Toronto didn't win, I'm just not convinced it's gonna help much...short or long term.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    Tie between Pistons and Grizz.
    This is pretty much what I was thinking. Went with the Grizzlies for voting purposes but Detroit really did well here.

vCash
    Toronto got the Best player in the trade. But that doesn't mean they won the trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mosesedan View Post
    lowry and gay could work, raptors should try giving up derozan/ross and bargnani for millsap, or maybe even josh smith. they have options
    I said this same trade in another forum but i said Derozen Bargs Johnson for Millsap and Jefferson and pick

vCash
    torronto

BRIA MYLES.....SWAG!

vCash
    Mannn I guess as soon as you mention a player and the Raptors it's just never positive. Rudy Gay is by far the best player in the trade. As far as who won the trade, too early to predict anything however I believe Toronto did.

Detroit-
    Jose Calderon is 31 years old, and as nice and pure as a PG he is, he still cannot play defense, which will put Detroit's D in a situation when there scrapping to rotate just to cover Jose lack of guarding. With that being said he's also a free agent at the end of the year, and considering he only knows Toronto since coming from Spain 7 years ago, his house, family is still here and he's pretty much fell in love with the country I can see him back in a Raptor uniform playing whatever role Coach wants him to, just because he wants to see Toronto succeed.

Memphis- I mean you gave away your leading scorer, landed Tayshaun which should provide a more of a role player role at the 3 spot, and received a player in Ed Davis who has only been playing 'good' for about 2 months now. Davis still has no mid range, and has pretty much one post up move, and i've seen players like Tristan Thompson work him. On the plus side he is quick off his feet so blocking and rebounding is a real bonus but offensively still getting better. With that being said the potential is there but you just never know.

Toronto- How they got worse is beyond me. If anyone mentioned Ed Davis, and Jose Calderon for Gay at the start of the season anyone and everyone would of said Bryan Colangelo is ******** for proposing such trade as no one with an NBA brain would accept. Three months into the season and it's exactly what happened. Considering this is probably the best SF this young franchise has ever seen, disregarding his numbers thus far, Rudy Gay is a borderline allstar who despite what anyone thinks is exactly what the Raptors needed. After all how much can anyone outside of this city know about the Toronto Raptors?
    and although he hasn't been the most efficient player thus far he's still capable of being a really good player. With Lowry/Demar/Gay/Bargnani/Val the starting lineup should be interesting. You're not guarding any of those 4 players at once. Period.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast