Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Anyone know of any good banking documentaries?

Specifically the IMF, World Bank, and WTO? I (think I) understand their role in world affairs, but I'd like to see a complete break down (forward and backward) of their system. Trying to see something that goes into very specific detail, with multiple specific examples, about their relations with corporate and political groups...

I watched this earlier
    http://johnpilger.com/videos/the-new...s-of-the-world
    Pretty decent, but didn't go into the exact level of detail I woulda liked to have seen.

It's amazing how hard a time I've been having trying to find out precise details of how the IMF works....

**also anything about the expansion of the current banking system during european colonialism
    Last edited by nastynice; 01-31-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Do you want documentaries on how banks work and really work, or do you want a documentary about how the Federal Reserve is illegal and they are mythological and bankrupting the nation?

If you think the banks are shady and the federal reserve is a boogie man there are plenty of documentaries almost all of them will have the line Federal reserve is no more federal than federal reserve.

If you want how banks actual work, I'm not sure there really is an indepth documentary on it. It's mostly finance books and schooling. I have quite a few but they are from finance school.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    He wants the former.

vCash
    Illuminati forum.

vCash
    Not what you're looking for, but along these lines I thought this was interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8

vCash
    The IMF takes money from member states and uses it to assist states that are having balance of payment needs. Usually the loans are given with strings or conditions that require the state receiving the loan to make certain economic policy changes (generally related to free trade and openness) which is why it will often get accused of being Western and Imperialistic
    White Sox, Bears, Blackhawks, Spartans
    Go Green! Go White!

If Pro is the opposite of Con, what is the opposite of Progress?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Do you want documentaries on how banks work and really work, or do you want a documentary about how the Federal Reserve is illegal and they are mythological and bankrupting the nation?

If you think the banks are shady and the federal reserve is a boogie man there are plenty of documentaries almost all of them will have the line Federal reserve is no more federal than federal reserve.

If you want how banks actual work, I'm not sure there really is an indepth documentary on it. It's mostly finance books and schooling. I have quite a few but they are from finance school.
    umm, on how they really work of course? But not just in theory, in reality. Basically something along the lines of what I posted in my op, but in greater detail.

What do u mean the federal reserve is illegal and mythological?
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Not what you're looking for, but along these lines I thought this was interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8
    Cool. I almost feel like I seen that before, the title sounds very familiar. For some reason my computer speakers aren't working right now, but I will def check it out, thanks.

I know I said "bank" in my title, but really I'm looking for anything to do with the way paper currency is created and implemented, and the manner in which it is distributed and what types of strings come along with that distribution.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Cool. I almost feel like I seen that before, the title sounds very familiar. For some reason my computer speakers aren't working right now, but I will def check it out, thanks.

I know I said "bank" in my title, but really I'm looking for anything to do with the way paper currency is created and implemented, and the manner in which it is distributed and what types of strings come along with that distribution.
    In that case, definitely watch that. Money as Debt is pretty solid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    That was an awesome documentary. I never realized this system of perpetual debt, but he broke it down pretty nicely. What a weird system when you step back and look at it, huh. I almost feel dumb just to be a part of it.

Another thing that had never crossed my mind was how easy it is for banks to not only control the economy in terms of being up or down, but how they can actually choose what DIRECTION to push the economy (essentially controlling pop culture) by way of how they allocate funds.

Great documentary, thank you GMen

vCash
    If you don't want to read Confessions of an Economic Hitman, I suggest watching some interviews with the author, John Perkins.

He breaks it down about how the IMF and World Bank get many countries into loans that they can't pay back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post

Conflating "banks are shady" with "the Federal Reserve is illegal" is sophistry, which discredits a proven reality by connecting it with a conspiracy theory. If banks were not shady, our economy would not have imploded in 2007-8. That didn't have much to do with the Fed, however. How banks "really work" is by making huge unsecured bets on risky propositions and then relying on the government to pay up when they lose those bets because they are "too big to fail." We have seen round one (savings and loan) and round two (2007-8 collapse), and eagerly await round three of this same phenomenon.

As for economic info, I'd start here: Matt Taibbi or here Paul Krugman. I would think twice before deciding a movie is the proper way to understand modern American economics.
    Young black males in recent years were at a far greater risk of being shot dead by police than their white counterparts 21 times greater i, according to a ProPublica analysis of federally collected data on fatal police shootings.

But racism is dead. Right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    If you don't want to read Confessions of an Economic Hitman, I suggest watching some interviews with the author, John Perkins.

He breaks it down about how the IMF and World Bank get many countries into loans that they can't pay back.
    I'll look into that. Is he like a former bank exec or something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    Conflating "banks are shady" with "the Federal Reserve is illegal" is sophistry, which discredits a proven reality by connecting it with a conspiracy theory. If banks were not shady, our economy would not have imploded in 2007-8. That didn't have much to do with the Fed, however. How banks "really work" is by making huge unsecured bets on risky propositions and then relying on the government to pay up when they lose those bets because they are "too big to fail." We have seen round one (savings and loan) and round two (2007-8 collapse), and eagerly await round three of this same phenomenon.

As for economic info, I'd start here: Matt Taibbi or here Paul Krugman. I would think twice before deciding a movie is the proper way to understand modern American economics.
    why do u say that? Do u feel the videos were inaccurate or misleading?

vCash
    I got another question, I'm not schooled on economics so please forgive my ignorance, but if a free market is where value is decided through free trade, supply, and demand etc, then is a system in which value is decided (arbitrarily sometimes) by the money printers a controlled market? Do we live in a controlled market?

For example, today $1,000 has a certain value. In 30 years that same $1,000 value is guaranteed to be lower. Am I making sense?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast