Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    957
    vCash
    1500

    Iverson Meeting with 76ers!

    Iverson Meeting with 76ers today? About somehow trying to " Reconnect " with 76ers

    philly post
    97.5 etc
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,831
    vCash
    1500
    Apparently he has a lot of interest in joining the Sixers FO in some capacity after he retires. If that's the discussion that's happening today, I could see them giving him a World B Free or Julius Erving type role... Ambassador/consultant type of thing, where he doesn't actually do much, but has a title within the organization.

    Or maybe he's just meeting with them to beg for a spot on the roster.

    I'm interested to see if anything happens.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    8,594
    vCash
    2970
    yea read the other day he wants to get invole with the FO if/when he retires. id rather him man up go play in the d league for 2 weeks and go play for Dallas first tho

    RETURN OF THE MAC

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,157
    vCash
    1500
    he's not front office material. i would say he'd have a lot to offer as an instructor/coach, but he's not that either.


    he's not a scout. he's not a spokesperson/announcer. he's not a "goodwill ambassador".


    i guess they could make him their pete rose and just put him at the entrance the stadium so he can pose for pictures and sign autographs, but how long do you think that could actually last? he walked away from memphis. he walked away from turkey. he walked away from china. maybe he's happy doing that for a week, for a month, but it doesn't seem to me as if he has much of a future in basketball and that he'd be better off trying to pursue other interests.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    8,594
    vCash
    2970
    Iverson is a HUGE part of this franchise it would be great to keep involved in anyway. You listing his prior playing experiences doesnt make a case either for this.

    RETURN OF THE MAC

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,689
    vCash
    1500

    Iverson Meeting with 76ers!

    He could teach evan turner a thing or 2 about playing off the ball and taking it to the tin


    gotta pay the troll toll

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,157
    vCash
    1500
    He could teach evan turner a thing or 2 about playing off the ball and taking it to the tin
    and where might he do such teaching? oh, that's right. we talkin 'bout practice.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,689
    vCash
    1500

    Iverson Meeting with 76ers!

    Lol


    gotta pay the troll toll

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,362
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    he's not front office material. i would say he'd have a lot to offer as an instructor/coach, but he's not that either.


    he's not a scout. he's not a spokesperson/announcer. he's not a "goodwill ambassador".


    i guess they could make him their pete rose and just put him at the entrance the stadium so he can pose for pictures and sign autographs, but how long do you think that could actually last? he walked away from memphis. he walked away from turkey. he walked away from china. maybe he's happy doing that for a week, for a month, but it doesn't seem to me as if he has much of a future in basketball and that he'd be better off trying to pursue other interests.
    He walked away from Memphis, he left Turkey because of a calf injury, and he was never really "in" china. He played a couple exhibitions in China on an exhibition tour contract but he's played out that contract. So what else did he walk away from besides Memphis? His marriage?

    My concern is whether he will practice and train the way a 37-yo should in the NBA. I'd hate to see him come back and destroy his legacy (especially his career 26.7 PPG).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,034
    vCash
    1500
    ohhhh yeah, come on play with us AI, its alot of toughness this group can learn from iverson. For the idiots who think hes the still immature at 37 are idiots. Iverson can help this team and help change the mind set of some of these softees collins is grooming

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,480
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    He could teach evan turner a thing or 2 about playing off the ball and taking it to the tin
    Ok, I was relatively young when I watched AI play but it seemed like to me he came off the ball as much ET. So I kinda disagree with that statement but AI could certainly teach just about anybody how to take it to the rim properly to draw a foul.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NE Penna (God's Country)
    Posts
    26,493
    vCash
    1500
    desparation much?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,689
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    ohhhh yeah, come on play with us AI, its alot of toughness this group can learn from iverson. For the idiots who think hes the still immature at 37 are idiots. Iverson can help this team and help change the mind set of some of these softees collins is grooming
    Do u know him personally
    Also.... It didnt work out that way the last time they brought him back.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,034
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah I actually do know him personally. And I dont care about last time. I dont even remember it. This is now. With bynum returning. Nick now starting, we could use his pop off the bench since theres like no significant scoring off the bench. this iss a match made for us right now. Im seeing finals

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    957
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    Yeah I actually do know him personally. And I dont care about last time. I dont even remember it. This is now. With bynum returning. Nick now starting, we could use his pop off the bench since theres like no significant scoring off the bench. this iss a match made for us right now. Im seeing finals
    you must be blind lol ... i would love to have AI , i could care less if he even scored... but i would love to see him drive the lane, and take that lil step back.
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •