Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Why nobody complains about loyalty Now?

The last few years i have read a lot of irate rants bout how unloyal players are, The decision, bosh, Melo, Deron, Howard , all of them have been bashed like crazy for their antics and not being "loyal" to their clubs.

Yesterday tough, no one uttered a single word when in the same trade 3 players were sent out of the teams where they had spent their whole careers , i get that gay is young so it was normal for it to happen, but at their age and after so much years one would expect for Prince and Calderon to be allowed to retire in their teams, instead they were flipped out of town.

So , how can we demmand loyalty from players when teams have 0 loyalty?
    There are even rumorus of celtics trading pierce i find that as disgusting as anything Howard or Lebron did to be honest.

vCash
    have you seen the raptor threads on the trade? It's far from unanimous about the decision to pull the trigger.

some fans in toronto wanted to see jose retire a raptor.
    some fans in detroit wanted to see prince retire a piston.

you may not come out and say that's a problem with teams not giving loyalty to long-term players, but those types of statements are just about as close as we fans can give about team to player loyalty.

vCash
    The players know what they're signing up for, and they get paid plenty of money to accept the fact that they could be traded. Deal with it.

Also, when a player wants to bolt from a team, they also want to leave the city and the fan base (us) behind. When a team trades a player, they are doing it in the best interest of the team, which is also usually in the best interest of the fan base.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    The last few years i have read a lot of irate rants bout how unloyal players are, The decision, bosh, Melo, Deron, Howard , all of them have been bashed like crazy for their antics and not being "loyal" to their clubs.

Yesterday tough, no one uttered a single word when in the same trade 3 players were sent out of the teams where they had spent their whole careers , i get that gay is young so it was normal for it to happen, but at their age and after so much years one would expect for Prince and Calderon to be allowed to retire in their teams, instead they were flipped out of town.

There are even rumorus of celtics trading pierce i find that as disgusting as anything Howard or Lebron did to be honest.

Players leave in trades or free agency all the time. 99% of them are not bashed the way the 3 players you named were bashed. Those 3 were bashed more on how they went about things than actually leaving.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Because everybody is the same so how can you complain about something that everybody is doing or not being..its why i laugh at the 'ego' or 'cancer' talk, everybody is something, some are just media protected more and some are put out on front street fullblast

You basically answered it yourself, it starts from top(organization) and trickles down to players/fans..what a perfect 'mindcontrol' agenda...but it makes for such a great story...think of all the headlines it has garnered from BRON/MELO to even SHAQ/JORDAN/AI to back in day with WILT/RUSS

vCash
    Jose wasn't and was never gonna get the Raptors to the playoffs so the GM made a great decision to trade him and open up more pt for Lowery. Prince went to a playoff team and probably had a behind the door meeting with Dumars to get him to a playoff team for another chance at a ring.

But to answer your op fans of teams like loyalty of players that actually win games and make their teams better these guys are just role players if you ask me and I have never been hurt over losing a role player.
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

vCash

Those people are dumb.

Sports is a business. Fans only give you loyality if you're a good player. You never hear about bad players being "loyal" because fans hate them.

vCash
    Calderon is a fan favourite, he has a dedication thread at Raptors forum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKobeBryant View Post
    Calderon is a fan favourite, he has a dedication thread at Raptors forum.
    Yeah, they also have like 100 posters that have wanted him gone for years.

vCash
    How can anyone bring up player loyalty with "The decision, bosh, Melo, Deron," and compare it to a trade? Attacking Dwight's intentions is fair game considering the circus surrounding his performance and statements regarding Orlando, but come on... The players in question from this latest trade have little say in the matter.

vCash
    What a stupid thread. Then again, it's the NBA forum. How do you expect loyalty from a trade? They didn't trade themselves. There is a difference between getting traded because your team wants to make a change and improve, and leaving out of your own will to build a super team because you aren't good enough to lift the team that drafted you or picked you up to contention.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Yeah, they also have like 100 posters that have wanted him gone for years.
    That's not what majority of the fans think in Toronto. Their rebuilding and moving forward plus he should be on a playoff team after his contract is up. A small amount of people said to trade Wade last year. Doesn't mean he wants to leave, or won't get big standing ovation when he returns.

vCash
    It's a no-win for the players because if they leave to go to another team to win or receive more money they are deemed selfish, but if the team decides to go another direction for the same reason they are doing their job.

vCash
    How can you hate on this guy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya8tBkwyQHE

Now go watch LeBron smiling taking his talents to south beach.

vCash

Myself, if I like a player and think he is loyal, I am happy for them if my team trades them to a team that gives them a better chance at a championship. They were loyal to my franchise and I am happy when my franchise pays the player back and gives them a chance to win a championship before they retire. Prince is a good example of this (Although I don't think the Griz are going to win a championship).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast