Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    holy cow, triple post.

vCash
    Lol while I agree McLaren won't add anything special, adding Boychuck wouldn't have been the Leafs savior move either :P

I mean you guys need to just relax, a little. It's not like we missed out on Brad Richards on waivers or Malkin. It's Boychuk, and he was put on waivers for a reason.

While I agree getting him would have been better, it's not that big of a deal.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    In 73 NHL games Boychuk has 18 points and a minus 4 rating.
    He's definitely not lived up to his draft spot. Not a huge miss here.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    But the difference is he has at least a chance of doing something.

That chance does not exist with McClaren.

Look at Michael Grabner as an example of a waiver guy with upside who turned it around

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    In 73 NHL games Boychuk has 18 points and a minus 4 rating.
    He's definitely not lived up to his draft spot. Not a huge miss here.
    His stats don't tell the whole story. That's with 3rd line minutes (barely a 10 minute average his career, and 91 shots). He's a PPG player in the AHL. I was reading around the HF boards (Carolina forum) and he was benched and in the dog house a lot with Muller. Might have been a Wilson-Kadri situation. The way he has changed his game shows his dedication to improve, and would have been a decent low risk pick up.

He has the offensive tools but needs a little more time defensively. No one thinks he'd be Crosby but he has some upside as a 3rd line LW that could put up some points (considering Kadri is getting 15 + minutes on our 3rd line). He has the skillset to fit right alongside Kadri. Not that their similar players but i would have thought of him as a smaller MacArthur, allowing us to move him if we could get a pick.

For free i would have loved the pick up.
    Last edited by OptiMized; 01-31-2013 at 03:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Lol he's garbage. Although when I played with the Sharks in NHL 13 he scored a nice goal for me hahahaha.
    It's funny because I was playing 13' the other day and scored a beauty with Mclaren too and I was thinking, when did Kyle Mclaren become a forward?

vCash
    hes going to end up back on waivers anyways

vCash
    He's on a 2 way anyway so who cares? We probably just got him to face Boston. Tell him to put a head hunt on Seguin lol. He will just be down on the Marlies soon skating beside Connolly lol

vCash
    Petr Sykora might be coming over from the KHL near the end of March, the devils are interested in signing him but he would have to clear waivers IIRC. If the Leafs are in the hunt he would be a good pickup, a vet with playoff experience. Had 40 pts last year and could be a better 4th line option over Orr and Brown if we make it. I would claim if we were in the hunt.

vCash
    I would claim Sykora simply to trade him to the Devils

vCash
    We should trade him to the Devils as punishment...for trading us Steckel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    It's funny because I was playing 13' the other day and scored a beauty with Mclaren too and I was thinking, when did Kyle Mclaren become a forward?

LOL no way that's too funny. Yeah man he scored this beauty goal when I was playing some guy online and he quit after I scored it hahaha. Was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    His stats don't tell the whole story. That's with 3rd line minutes (barely a 10 minute average his career, and 91 shots). He's a PPG player in the AHL. I was reading around the HF boards (Carolina forum) and he was benched and in the dog house a lot with Muller. Might have been a Wilson-Kadri situation. The way he has changed his game shows his dedication to improve, and would have been a decent low risk pick up.

He has the offensive tools but needs a little more time defensively. No one thinks he'd be Crosby but he has some upside as a 3rd line LW that could put up some points (considering Kadri is getting 15 + minutes on our 3rd line). He has the skillset to fit right alongside Kadri. Not that their similar players but i would have thought of him as a smaller MacArthur, allowing us to move him if we could get a pick.

For free i would have loved the pick up.

Well for free yeah, better than McLaren. But he's only here temporarily because of Brown's injury anyways.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    I think McLaren is here long-term tbh. Orr is what? 31? Carlyle likes to have that type of guy and McLaren is Orr's successor imo. Orr is also a FA this year IIRC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I think McLaren is here long-term tbh. Orr is what? 31? Carlyle likes to have that type of guy and McLaren is Orr's successor imo. Orr is also a FA this year IIRC
    Why do we need a successor for the most useless player on the roster.

vCash
    I like seeing a decent scrap

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast