Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteShark View Post
    I could not agree more with what RaiderLakersA posted; even though Dan 'Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino never put himself out there as awesome person. I edited what I said, because ReiderLakerA reminded me of one unavoidable truths:
    Fatherless children are huge disadvantages
    OR still missing something, when they discover their genetic father is not their REAL father/The Man,
    MOST importantly to all of us those women and children use a lot more Public resources (provided by Public Taxes) to make up what the DEAD BEAT FATHER never did! It is a unnecessary and huge cost, per person.
    These men and women who just want to have found creating the kids, but not make the hard choices of abortion or adoption or RAISE THE CHILD!!
    Not only the cheaters, but also the spouses of those cheaters, who think it is completely alright to just pay off/pay for the mother(s) (other cheater<s>) and the kid(s) to go away from their lives!!
    Then there are the people (mostly media members) who know about it, but do nothing about it. If the cheater (and spouses agrees) does not take in the mother(s) and kid(s), then the people (mostly media members) that know are wrong for not exposing them as cheaters of public resources, maybe, taking advantage of the mother(s) & hurting of kid(s), that earn none of it and cheaters of public resources!
    While that does suck, I'm sure the several millions of dollars will do just fine to even the playing field for him. I know a father isn't something easily replaced, but the fact that money will never be an issue for the kid and mom sure is a fine consolation compared to having to go through embarrassing court/media troubles to settle things and in the end the kid still wouldn't have had a real dad. And really, I doubt any son/daughter of an NFL starting QB has a 'real' dad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Would have been a good story if the kid had been a boy and grown up to be a QB
    He could have done an interview and pulled the Darth Vader and be like "I am your father"

vCash
    ***BREAKING NEWS**** ALL ATHLETES AND STARS HAVE AFFAIRS...

67 Rec - 1038 Yards -6 TD

vCash
    she looks like a dog

dude could surely score much better poon with his bank account

vCash
    who the hell cares. it's his own personal life.

however, he is a scumbag for cheating on his wife and family. but still, not news worthy. let these people deal with their personal matters in the privacy of their own lives.

vCash
    Laces out Marino!

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Who cares? Oh I wish I knew of the temptation presented to rich famous athletes! Beautiful people just throwing themselves at me.... I don't blame him for slipping up. Still a great man!

vCash
    Apparently Dan forgot to take his own advice...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    It's funny how forgiving PSD is when it comes to guys like Marino lying to his wife, having an affair, fathering a child out of wedlock, and paying the mother of said illegitimate child to basically go to Hell (Yeah, Texas is close enough), leave the state and not tell another soul about the origins of her child. And oh yeah, as for the child, "See you when I see you. Love, Dad, er, Dan, er, the guy whose name your mother better keep out of her mouth, if she wants to be able to put food on your plate from now until you're 18."

I'm not shocked by Marino's actions. I'm just shocked that there isn't more outrage, private matter, or not.
    Are people still shocked that famous people (especially athletes) are unfaithful? Didn't Dr J, Bill Cosby, and Clint Eastwood secretly father babies while married to other women? Heck, Steve Nash cheated on his very pregnant wife with some 20 year old girl. And Brett Favre was a deadbeat dad who was living the bachelor life for most of his first daughter's early years. These guys are not role models.

vCash
    A rich famous Italian man cheating on his wife? no.

vCash
    Deplorable from Dan, but at least he stepped up, didn't force the woman to kill the child, and is paying for her well-being without being goaded into it by the state.

vCash
    well on hiw way to catch cromartie
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    While that does suck, I'm sure the several millions of dollars will do just fine to even the playing field for him. I know a father isn't something easily replaced, but the fact that money will never be an issue for the kid and mom sure is a fine consolation compared to having to go through embarrassing court/media troubles to settle things and in the end the kid still wouldn't have had a real dad. And really, I doubt any son/daughter of an NFL starting QB has a 'real' dad.
    Assuming (huge assumption considering the information I heard is he stopped, that was the reason it became public) the child and mother still receiving money:

We all know a ton of "celebrity" kids or people, that their fathers were rich and never fathers; how many of those, that we know of, are happy or staying out of trouble??

Money does not equal happiness (the book- 'The Spirit Level', everyone should read, provides research that backs that up); but I would rather have tons of resources (like money) than not because it makes life easier. So, life maybe, easier now, but it is hard in that the child has to live without a genetic father, assuming that the mother has a husband and he is acting like a real father (being better man than Dan 'The Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino). The child maybe has to live without any father, maybe without any real male figure in the child's life.

Assuming (huge assumption considering the information I heard is he stopped payment, which was the reason it became public) the child and mother is not receiving money any more:

We all know a ton of "celebrity" kids or people, that their fathers were rich and never fathers; how many of those, that we know of, are happy or staying out of trouble??

Either way there is no guarantee that the money will still be there (I would be surprised if it was not going to happen, happens all the time, I am talking about beyond Child Support) and at least the child is in for a hard life.

Again Money does not equal happiness (the book- 'The Spirit Level', everyone should read, provides research that backs that up); but I would rather have tons of resources (like money) than not because it makes life easier. So, life maybe, easier now, but it is hard in that the child has to live without a genetic father, assuming that the mother has a husband and he is acting like a real father (being better man than Dan 'The Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino). The child maybe has to live without any father, maybe without any real male figure in the child's life.

If there is not enough money for the child to deal with this and live with this situation, then our tax money will pick up the bill.

Basically, you are underestimating the effect on the children that have only one-parents at home or no real male figures at home; if the husbands/not cheater does feel it are his responsibility. And did not even mention the resources, the public would have to provide, to make for Dan 'The Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino producing a child, out of marriage and not being human enough to take the whole in.
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Deplorable from Dan, but at least he stepped up, didn't force the woman to kill the child, and is paying for her well-being without being goaded into it by the state.
    Now see, I could not agree more that it is nice that he did not force the mother have an abortion/not kill a child and if he is paying (I heard the only reason it became public because he stopped paying).

However, if she was not sure whether to have an abortion, she obviously wanted money for the child- I am talking beyond if she needed child support, if she told him she was pregnant and he tried to talk her into it, then he would be right, if she cannot raise the child or just wants to use the child as a cash register.

But, if she wanted to have an abortion, if she told him she was pregnant and he tried to talk her into not having an abortion*, then he would be wrong.

I would argue if Dan 'The Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino OR Wife does not want Dan 'The Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino to have the whole family in their lives as if the child is theirs OR/AND The mother is looking at the child as a resource drainer from Dan 'The Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino & Wife, then the child should be aborted.

I have heard Dan 'The Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino (OR Wife OR both- have not heard much about the wife) does not want the whole family in their lives as if the child is theirs, then Dan 'The Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino (OR Wife OR both- have not heard much about the wife) is a bad person, not just for Dan 'The Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino's cheating on wife and children from his wife, but for not stepping all the way up.

Then there is the cheating mother is a bad person for being a part of the cheating, maybe even on her husband- I heard she was married, on top of that she is using the child as a resource drainer from Dan 'The Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino, and thus wife & children (I am not saying they cannot afford it) makes her even more bad of a person. I do not disagree with drain resources from Dan 'The Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino, and thus wife & children, for child support; but using the child beyond that is WRONG.

Just like Dan 'The Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino, and thus wife & children, the whole family in their lives as if the child is theirs is bad people (double for Dan 'The Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino); but also using the child as a cash register is also triple (or double, if she has no husband) bad, for being a cheater on Dan 'The Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall' Marino's wife and her husband (if there is one).
    Last edited by GreatWhiteShark; 02-01-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    ***BREAKING NEWS**** ALL ATHLETES AND STARS HAVE AFFAIRS...

with the divorce rate at over 50% . . . hello?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast