Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    This guy is going to be good, Paul Millsap clone with a better perimeter game.
    Some have said he can have as good of a college season as Derrick Williams did. Good enough to shoot the ball from deep but athletic and strong enough to play the 4.

I think he can be very good. He reminds me more of a 3 than a 4 though. I think he can have a role like Shawn Marion but a better shooter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Audio: http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/ (Fast forward to 13:20 mark)

Recap I stole from another forum for those of you at work:

- Talking with Jose after the deal was made was very difficult because they've built such a friendship.. really defending Jose's contract and how he is often wrongly criticized.
    - Ed is a great young man, at the beginning of the season Ed wouldn't have been a target for other teams in trades but really progressed
    - Thinks Lowry will benefit most from the trade as Lowry is officially''the guy'. No more PG controversy and BC thinks that was really affecting the team
    - Thinks Gay will help with the running game and the pace will probably pick up - exciting basketball
    - Trade doesn't change his stance on Bargnani - talks again that it might be time to trade Andrea after talking with Andrea and his agent but that does NOT mean they will trade him just to make a trade; need value
    - Thinks Andrea is going to be rejuvinated when he comes back from injury - maybe enough to create trade talks again (handful of teams already interested)
    - Says cap space situation doesn't change at all. The Raptors were going to be at the cap anyways and could have used the MLE. Says ownership is committed to spending and the Raptors will still look to be buying in the offseason (they'll be just over the tax right now)
    - At the start of the season BC and MLSE come up with a plan and set a money limit as to how much will be spent in the year. BC met with the board and they let him make the deal
    - On end of Hawks game.. that's number 4, bad call, official was out of position and the bottom line is that no matter what the process is for complaints we're not going to get the W back. If we get all 4 W's back, we'd be right in the thick of the playoff race.
    - Supports that Casey went off last night after the game
    Sigh.... Can we get WINNING basketball instead?

vCash
    I'm positive Colangelo worked in sales. Or, that will be his next job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Some have said he can have as good of a college season as Derrick Williams did. Good enough to shoot the ball from deep but athletic and strong enough to play the 4.

I think he can be very good. He reminds me more of a 3 than a 4 though. I think he can have a role like Shawn Marion but a better shooter.
    He has a similar game to Derrick Williams except I think Bennett is better at shooting off the dribble. He's a good PF/SF mould. I think he's also one of the best freshmen this season. There is a good chance that he'll be better than Derrick Williams.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    BC loves perfect-world hypotheticals. If only we got those 4 Ws back, if only Bargnani could have played more than 13 games last year, he would have been an All Star ...
    Lol, one of my favourite moments was when he signed Fields and said we are expecting his first year numbers, not the sophmore year where the team problems and rotations threw him off his game. The guy was only in the league for two years, why would his sophmore season be less of an indication of the kind of player he is? Not to mention, I doubt the team is what threw him off and made him shoot 56% from free throw line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    He has a similar game to Derrick Williams except I think Bennett is better at shooting off the dribble. He's a good PF/SF mould. I think he's also one of the best freshmen this season. There is a good chance that he'll be better than Derrick Williams.
    Yea, I think he'll be better than Williams. But I'm still not sure if he can handle being a PF in the NBa since he's about 6'7" with shoes. He'd do great if he played on a fast paced team. He can be a Shawn Marion type player with better shooting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12