Audio: http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/ (Fast forward to 13:20 mark)
Recap I stole from another forum for those of you at work:
- Talking with Jose after the deal was made was very difficult because they've built such a friendship.. really defending Jose's contract and how he is often wrongly criticized.
- Ed is a great young man, at the beginning of the season Ed wouldn't have been a target for other teams in trades but really progressed
- Thinks Lowry will benefit most from the trade as Lowry is officially''the guy'. No more PG controversy and BC thinks that was really affecting the team
- Thinks Gay will help with the running game and the pace will probably pick up - exciting basketball
- Trade doesn't change his stance on Bargnani - talks again that it might be time to trade Andrea after talking with Andrea and his agent but that does NOT mean they will trade him just to make a trade; need value
- Thinks Andrea is going to be rejuvinated when he comes back from injury - maybe enough to create trade talks again (handful of teams already interested)
- Says cap space situation doesn't change at all. The Raptors were going to be at the cap anyways and could have used the MLE. Says ownership is committed to spending and the Raptors will still look to be buying in the offseason (they'll be just over the tax right now)
- At the start of the season BC and MLSE come up with a plan and set a money limit as to how much will be spent in the year. BC met with the board and they let him make the deal
- On end of Hawks game.. that's number 4, bad call, official was out of position and the bottom line is that no matter what the process is for complaints we're not going to get the W back. If we get all 4 W's back, we'd be right in the thick of the playoff race.
- Supports that Casey went off last night after the game