Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are We Done?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I hope not. I want Stuckey out the door next for hopefully a SF. This way we can move Singler back to the bench.
    I tend to agree, only if it is a positive move(obviously). I would hope to get a decent young player and a low 1st rd pick. Not sure how many teams(contenders) would have the cap space to take on Stuckey's contract, and give up a prospect type player. I'll post my trade option in the thread.

vCash
    I still think we pick another young player who can help the team for the next decade.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 46-52, games this week vs. Blue Jays (4), Rays (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    Calderon trade was a push for the playoffs. Has to be for joe to trade Prince lol
    So exciting to be a Pistons fan again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kduce View Post
    I think this is just the beginning. Honestly, I think Calderon was about more than just the cap space... a true pg here can do wonders and I've read that he is a leader. I'm thinking that Joe wants to show him how great it could be here and then get him back to sign for much less in the off season. I dont see the trade deadline passing without someone calling about Maxiel or Bynum they are both playing well and are expiring. I also could see playoff teams calling about Stuckey or taking a chance with Charlie. The possibilities are endless, I am stoked.
    i dont know How much less jose woudl take to come back ( unless the pistons take everybody with their guards off and picks two amazing F.A).

he would ask for something like 6 or 7 million a year to stay.

im sure he can get mle offers from the heat,knicks, thunder or lakers and would pick one of those.
    ]

vCash
    Im fine with giving Calderon 7 per year.

Joe cant sit around for to long. We are 13 games under .500 and we know have Calderon/Knight/Singler starting.
    Thats a horrible team defensively especially when Maxiell & Monroe are also starting.

We need to trade Stuckey/Bynum/Jerebko/Maxiell for some defense on the wing. Drummond needs to start now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Im fine with giving Calderon 7 per year.

Joe cant sit around for to long. We are 13 games under .500 and we know have Calderon/Knight/Singler starting.
    Thats a horrible team defensively especially when Maxiell & Monroe are also starting.

We need to trade Stuckey/Bynum/Jerebko/Maxiell for some defense on the wing. Drummond needs to start now.
    the ****? why are pistons not starting Mornoe and Drummond?
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Lawrence Frank. All there is to it.

Drummond is so damn good we were able to have Bynum, Stuckey, lol Daye and CV out there at the same time lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    It's because Drummond's body apparently cannot handle it yet, his upper body was growing faster than his lower body which creates swelling and soreness in his back. The medical staff are working with him to build it up as his body continues to grow. They are looking for long-term health with Drummond. This was from insider...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightnDaye View Post
    It's because Drummond's body apparently cannot handle it yet, his upper body was growing faster than his lower body which creates swelling and soreness in his back. The medical staff are working with him to build it up as his body continues to grow. They are looking for long-term health with Drummond. This was from insider...
    What,I havent heard anything like that yet.Can you post a link?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightnDaye View Post
    ive been looking for stuff on drums health for a while and i haven't heard anything like this.

also lol at ur name
    Last edited by Spiggity_ace; 02-01-2013 at 11:35 AM.

vCash
    One thing, is.
    Why wait for F.A?

with the luxury tax coming some teams could drop some of their BETTER players for a pick a young players ( knight/stuckey) or a pure salary dump ( maggete) or shorter contract ( villanueva), example Ariza or Wilson Chandler.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Calderon trade was a push for the playoffs. Has to be for joe to trade Prince lol
    So exciting to be a Pistons fan again.
    God I hope not. No one thinks Calderon might still find himself dealt before the deadline? His expiring deal has to be worth some draft pick or prospect action at the deadline to a contender.

Just don't see him as a very viable option long-term, and don't exactly think having money to spend this upcoming off seas is going to be all too valuable in Detroit. Unless Joe was gearing up to throw a bunch of bucks at Josh Smith.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    I hope they sign calderon 6-7 mill a year

vCash
    Bynum has had to have drawn some attention from contenders by now.I think by the deadline we will be getting some offers.

vCash
    "wtf? This guy gave an opinion on who is good at defense and that somehow makes it true?"

What guy? You're the one who made the list.

I guess I view it from a different perspective than you. If I'm trading for Paul or Hinrich, it isn't because defense is first on my list. If I'm making a trade for AA or Sef, then I'm thinking defense before anything else.

I didn't mean they didn't play "adequate" defense. If I've got a choice between Rondo and Paul, I'm making that trade because of different factors. If I need a better defender than a play making PG, I go with Rondo. Not saying he isn't a "play maker." Just in a different vein.

"All those players play solid defense. Paul does, rondo does, hinrich def does, aflalo does"

Again, I didn't say they didn't. I said lockdown defender and you listed those guys. Is Westbrook a lockdown defender? When he wants to be. But at first pass, Sef is a lockdown defender.

Take Dumars. A good SG, but he was better known as a lockdown defender against MJ (if there is such a thing.) And yes, I know it also had alot to do with "Jordan Rules."

But Paul scares me more as a PG going against my PG, not locking down my PG.

In short, you can worry about how to stop the other team, or you can make them worry about how to stop you. I would worry more about how to stop Paul than vice versa.

Again, adequate is not lockdown.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast