Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are We Done?

vCash

Are We Done?

Are we done trading before the deadline ends? Think we'll be looking to free up more cap space or what not?

vCash
    I think you almost have to move Stuckey. There are playoff teams that could use a versitile vet PG/SG to come off the bench and I think we could weasel a pick out of it as well. High second rounder or something like that. But if we want to see a Calderon, Knight, Drummond, Monroe, Singler starting rotation then we need to move Stuckey. I could see that rotation doing well, BTW, with Calderon feeding Drummond and Monroe.

vCash
    I hope not.

vCash
    I think your back court is going to need a shake up.

Calderon, Knight & Singler might be the worst defensive backcourt in the league

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Singler is a SF, it would be Calderon, Knight, Stuckey, and Bynum.

vCash
    It will lead to more blocks for Drummond

vCash
    I can understand that. But nowadays, there aren't many lockdown 1's or 2's because of the way the NBA is called (no handchecking, physical play, etc.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    I can understand that. But nowadays, there aren't many lockdown 1's or 2's because of the way the NBA is called (no handchecking, physical play, etc.)
    Paul, Bradly, Allen, Sefolosha, Hinrich, Sved, Lee, Westbrook, Rondo, Aflalo, Chandler, Lawson ... just to name a few

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deception View Post
    Singler is a SF, it would be Calderon, Knight, Stuckey, and Bynum.
    You are just adding to my point.

Now try to picture Calderon, Knight & Singler guarding the 1, 2 & 3...

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    I think you almost have to move Stuckey. There are playoff teams that could use a versitile vet PG/SG to come off the bench and I think we could weasel a pick out of it as well. High second rounder or something like that. But if we want to see a Calderon, Knight, Drummond, Monroe, Singler starting rotation then we need to move Stuckey. I could see that rotation doing well, BTW, with Calderon feeding Drummond and Monroe.
    u said versatile, stuckey is a one-trick pony, if versatile maybe we can ship off maxiell for someone and let drummond finally get the minutes he deserves

cant wait to see calderon play!

vCash
    Chris Paul isn't a lockdown defender. Rondo? Just because he has alot of steals doesn't make him a lockdown. He frequently gambles.

Those two might seem like it, but wonder why De Andre J and guys on the Celts have alot of blocks?

Neither is Lawson. but he can play acceptable D.

Aflalo is unquestionably.

Hinrich isn't.

I'll give you Allen, Sef,Westbrook.

So out of 60 possible combinations, you came up with 12 or 20%. You're right, 1 in 5 are MANY!!
    Last edited by markbutter; 01-31-2013 at 12:51 PM.

vCash
    I hope not. I want Stuckey out the door next for hopefully a SF. This way we can move Singler back to the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    Chris Paul isn't a lockdown defender. Rondo? Just because he has alot of steals doesn't make him a lockdown. He frequently gambles.

Those two might seem like it, but wonder why De Andre J and guys on the Celts have alot of blocks?

Neither is Lawson. but he can play acceptable D.

Aflalo is unquestionably.

Hinrich isn't.

I'll give you Allen, Sef,Westbrook.

So out of 60 possible combinations, you came up with 12 or 20%. You're right, 1 in 5 are MANY!!
    wtf? This guy gave an opinion on who is good at defense and that somehow makes it true?

All those players play solid defense. Paul does, rondo does, hinrich def does, aflalo does

i mean, wtf are you talking about
    I'm not even talking about just steals and their are a lot more then I just listed

vCash
    And why didn't you mention anything about lee, sved or chandler?

lol

kinda exaggerated on your 1 in 5 a little eh?

vCash
    I think this is just the beginning. Honestly, I think Calderon was about more than just the cap space... a true pg here can do wonders and I've read that he is a leader. I'm thinking that Joe wants to show him how great it could be here and then get him back to sign for much less in the off season. I dont see the trade deadline passing without someone calling about Maxiel or Bynum they are both playing well and are expiring. I also could see playoff teams calling about Stuckey or taking a chance with Charlie. The possibilities are endless, I am stoked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast