Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poleandreel View Post
    definitely worse. people on here like to **** on gay but in the playoffs, a player who can create his own shot is a huge factor.
    This is very true. I remember in last season's post season the Grizz were down by nine and in the last minute Gay hit back to back 3 pointers that were highly contested, and on the third try he missed to tie the game and the commentators were like: "Oh, Gay missed in the clutch!" I'm like, no, he just hit back-toback 3 pointers that brought the team to within three to tie it. How many points do you expect a guy to score in a minute? The Grizzlies will miss that in tight games at the end, even if Gay is shooting a lower percentage.

That said, they still have a strong offense, and even if Gay plays Durant well, Prince has been known to shut down some of the best players in the league; McGrady, Kobe, LBJ. He is a great defender. And Ed Davis makes up for the fact that they let Speights go.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

vCash
    question.

is prince a worse player than battier was two years ago when gay was injured for playoffs and they went into the second round?

I dont think so, and now their bench is DEEPER.

vCash
    I can understand the Grizzlies did this for financial reasons but I think removing Gay is hard to judge based on what the philosophy of the team should be.

I always thought the Grizzlies should be running the offense through the post. You've got Randolph who offensively needs to be doubled. Then, you've got Gasol who can also draw doubles, is a great post passer, and can finish with either hand. With those 2 guys and Rudy Gay, it was probably tough to figure out who to get the ball to.

I think now, the Grizzlies should run this type of offense. Prince has shown earlier in his career that he's also a good post scorer and he's improved his shooting so leaving him to double the post might be a bad idea. I like Ed Davis and thought he was having a breakout season with the Raptors before this trade. Now, I think the Grizz have a lot of front court depth for the playoffs.

Prince can defend and I wonder what Austin Daye will give them too.

vCash
    I think are chances are about the same, perhaps improved a bit. Although Gay was very important in the clutch with his shot creating ability, he would "disappear" from time to time and have mental lapses. Gay is a bit of a ball stopper and adding Prince will improve ball movement. Now we can go inside out and more touches for our most efficient scorers in the post. I think management will tell marc to take 15-20 shots a game and thats huge for his development in my opionion. Now that Marc is thrust into this role i could see him easily being the best center in the league.

As some already mentioned, adding Davis (a much needed shot blocker) and Prince (team player and solid defender with good length) makes the #1 scoring defense Grizz that much better. I expect us to lock down teams until the offense starts to pick up. Adding Prince, Daye, hopefully Chris Johnson (10 day contract) and the emergence of Bayless as a two guard allows us to be potent from outside if the inside is double teamed.

Maybe i'm being optomistic but i think grizz will be improved

vCash
    The same. They still have to compete with the Thunder, Clippers and Spurs in the West.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Eh about the same IMO. I don't understand getting prince who makes a lot of money if they were cutting back but Davis is a solid rotation guy. Gay wasn't that good I think Memphis is still tough with their size
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    Worse then they were before the Gay trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    They went from contender to pretender.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    I like them even more now. Prince will be a better fit than Gay was.
    Disagree, they now lack a wing that can consistently create on the wing and draw double teams.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    I don't like their chances now at all, nor do i like this move being made in the middle of the season while they was playing like a top 4 team in the West. With that said I'll wait to see how the pieces work together before making a final judgement.

“If you quit ONCE it becomes a habit. Never quit!!!”
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    I don't really see any drastic change in their title chances. I never considered them legitimate title contenders with Gay anyway. Gay has always lacked killer instinct to take over games on a consistent basis. You have to be able to do that in the playoffs if you want to advance further. Every team that wins an NBA championship has those types of fearless players. What player did Memphis have with that type of pedigree? And I will laugh my *** off if you say Gay. Memphis can still be strong and give teams trouble because of their size and defense. But I still see them being a second round playoff team at best.

vCash
    Who really believes the Grizzlies could win a series vs Thunder?it would be a very short series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WARRIORS@GR View Post
    Who really believes the Grizzlies could win a series vs Thunder?it would be a very short series.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsiR7nP5Dp0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    that was two years ago still think the mavs could make it a long series with heat
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Mayo? Tearing it up? Don't you mean Harden?

"My bro DitchDat writes about the Celtics and the NBA over at Randomandsome.com. Buckets!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    its 12/13 now not 10/11..was thunder the best team in west back then?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123