Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What to do with the Cap Space?

Lets get started but Please:

1 - Cuban isnt letting OJ walk!
    2 - Nor is Josh Smith coming here to play SF
    3 - Or CP3 leaving LA
    4 - Or Dwight Coming here

Technically we will only be about 23 million under the cap and we have 33 million in expiring contacts

What are we gonna do with that?

vCash
    We could do lots of things with the cap space, we're now extremely versatile with money flexibility. Market is wide-open to us right now. More trading, free agent signings, contract extensions (which is likely the first thing we'll do, most likely to extend Monroe), etc. One thing is a definite sure though, we'll be able to add loads of talent come this offseason, the FA crop will not be our only avenue for improvement as we'll be able to absorb contracts through trades as well. Possibilities are endless for us now.

Dathomir Rancors (5-2)

vCash
    Can we extend Monroe and Calderon?

But please be aware we still needa save some cap space for the extension for Drummond. He'll be a restricted FA in 2 years

vCash
    maybe use the cap as leverage for a trade based on a pick and taking a contract, something like a pair of picks for granger or something of the like?

vCash
    Btw , take this with a grain of salt, but i just heard in Marca Radio ( here in spain) from the mouth of the journalist that covers nba for them, that he has talked to Jose C tonight, and according to this Journalist Jose is very happy and SOLD on the speech Dumars threw at him by phone to wellcome him because , jose says that Dumars Has a PLAn and he likes it.

So i guess this is not the last move from pistons this month.

vCash
    I don't think it's the last move either. I can see us going after some names out there on teams not meeting expectations and also trying to load up on picks by ridding ourselves of Stuckey, Bynum, and maybe even Charlie V if a team is desperate enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Riedle9 View Post
    Lets get started but Please:

1 - Cuban isnt letting OJ walk!
    2 - Nor is Josh Smith coming here to play SF
    3 - Or CP3 leaving LA
    4 - Or Dwight Coming here

Technically we will only be about 23 million under the cap and we have 33 million in expiring contacts

What are we gonna do with that?
    Not sure about that ,OJ is good but not gr8 with us,with the whole 1 year strategy Cuban has in the past couple of years,I can see OJ easily leave ,after all no Mavs fan though we would let Jet,Kidd,TC leave

NATALIA SIWIEC

vCash
    I have been a big advocate of trading Stuckey for Marcus Thornton but if we need to extend Drummond in 2 years then that might not make sense either. I wonder if Boston would deal us Courtney Lee and their #1 pick this year for Brandon Knight??? We get a shooting guard at a very cheap price and another pick in this draft. Then we draft the two Michigan boys (Glenn Robinson III) and (Tim Hardaway Jr).

2013-14 Piston Roster
    Calderon/Stuckey
    C. Lee/Hardaway Jr
    Robinson III/Singler/Jerekbo
    Monroe/Charlie V.
    Drummond/Kratsov

This team would take some time to develop but with a great distributor in Calderon, young atheletic wings, and two dominant bigs it could be interesting going forward. I also wouldn't mind seeing them making a run at Paul Milsap if he would take a reasonable contract. Maybe 4 years, 32 million. He would be a nice 3rd big to rotate with Monroe and Drummond and he's a high energy guy off the bench.

vCash
    Im open to absorbing a contract with a few picks involved.

Exciting to finally.have an open market!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Im open to absorbing a contract with a few picks involved.

Exciting to finally.have an open market!!

We have some good trade assets now.

And we can still amnesty CV!

vCash
    However, the original purpose of amnesty was to let teams flush a contract in large part to get below the cap. So, since we'll be below the cap unless something strange happens, whoever we would sign PLUS the amount we'd pay CV if amnesties him to create more cap room, is in essence, the money we'd be paying to the newly signed FA.

I can see now, given the amount we're below, that we let CV ride pine next year in case there's an injury.

vCash
    Was playing association on 2k with the Pistons. I got only players with 1 year contracts, and managed to sign Dwight, Josh Smith, Iguodala, and Jennings in the off-season.

You never know..

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Cv probably stays until contract runs out.

And I am so excited to see what joe d has in store for us?! He wanted Calderon before the season? Wow.. Knight at the 2 guard now can't wait to see this guy play his natural position and greg Monroe play the power forward

vCash
    Looks like you guys acquired Hellcrooner in the Jose deal too.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    I'd sign a bunch of small one year contracts and wait for a better FA class or since likely no one will come here just take on some bad contracts along with a good player via trade.

Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast