Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Fire Mike D!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman_9 View Post
    Fire Mike D!!!
    i'm all for it. i expected a bit of a lull when we replaced brown, but we are seeing a complete erosion of a team. get this self-purported offensive genius out of LA!

vCash
    It's all Jimbaco's fault. no, it's Kellerman's fault, he's bad luck.

vCash
    Yes, Most agree He sucks
    Last edited by championships; 02-01-2013 at 02:14 PM.

vCash
    Ship his *** out

vCash
    Somewhere in another dimension, we hired Phil back and are currently shredding teams.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    The Lakers' record is enough proof for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Showtime Steve View Post
    Somewhere in another dimension, we hired Phil back and are currently shredding teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24FIRE View Post
    It's Mike Brown's fault, it's D'Antoni's fault, Kobe's shooting too much so it's his fault, Nash isn't shooting enough so it's his fault, trade Pau cuz he's soft, trade Howard cuz he can't make free throws, Metta is the real problem with this team, Jamison is a bust, **** Jimbaco, you people blame someone else every single freakin day...How about we just roll with the team that we got? These are the Lakers, this is our coach, lets cheer em on and stop blaming someone all the damn time
    I blame just one person for the whole of this failure of a season. MDA. Now if you want to discuss specific players and things they are doing right and things they are doing wrong then fine. I watch the games, I see things that every player does and if I were the coach these are things I would be discussing with them individually. Metta dribbling around the 3pt line, not good, but if I am coach when he comes to the bench I pull him to the side and discuss it with him. Not MDA, I don't know if he even knows he's at a basketball game half the time. I blame MDA and noone else right now. He is responsible for this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    Sorry, Not going to happen.
    Im not surprised considering that 95% of the posts on this forum are coming from people who spam irrelevant grab-*** "were best friends" posts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    Jeezus, we are now setting the bar so incredibly low for a coach it's incredible. Like, win or lose, whatever, the coach is just some guy who rolls the ball out, he doesn't really effect how the team plays.

Like the coach is just some guy, and even if the team loses every game, ehhh, it's not really his fault. I mean he shows up every game right? He wears a tie and said some words at the postgame press conference right? And they just won three games before that... so whaddya want? He's a coach, he sat on the bench, he has some ideas about the offense, if the team doesn't follow him or produce from his system then it's not his fault, we should all just stfu and get off this coach's back. Like even if we set a record for worst Laker season ever, I mean, c'mon, he's just the freakin' coach, he can only do so much. Like whaddya' freakin' expect him to do? He's a good coach and he is doing a fine job, we can't judge him based on "wins" or "productivity" or "how the team plays" that is just silly. Bottom line he's a coach and he's there, so we have no reason to criticize him or expect anything from him.
    Do you really expect THIS team, with as many huge egos and clashing personalities with different agendas to listen to ANYBODY not named Phil Jackson? You're spouting an argument to be held against a coach who has been failing for a lengthy period of time. Do you really think these guys are running D'Antoni's system? I don't. I've seen his system, and it doesn't look like the basketball we have been playing. Had they actually been doing what was asked of them by the coach, they would have been much more successful than they have been. At which point do the players become responsible for their own failures? I don't agree with MDA being hired because we didn't/don't have the pieces to match his style, but that isn't his fault. I don't expect him to change his proven system on the fly to accommodate the personnel we have. Hes better off spoon feeding the players he does have and acquiring pieces by the deadline or summer, because this team is guaranteed to miss the playoffs if they dump him now.

vCash
    ^ sounds like ssssmush needs to hhhhhush and do some actual rrrrrreasearch before ppppppposting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Showtime Steve View Post
    yeah... I didn't want Phil to come back because I thought this season would be so perfect with Nash and Kobe leading the team, and I didn't want it to be another Phil Jackson team with Phil's imprint on it yet again. I wanted to see Kobe win one without Phil.

But holy ****ing **** Dantoni is doing a bad job. He's letting it just sink like a stone so far into the muck that I have to rub my eyes to even believe what I am seeing. This is the worst cluster**** in the history of Laker basketball, and if it were Mike Brown with these kind of results, I mean what would people say? What would people say if Phil Jackson or Larry Brown or Popovich was coaching the team and had these kind of results? And then show up at the press conference all pissy and saying like "yeah, we're trying to figure it out" or something.

Lakers would fire him in a second right now, but are trapped because they probably think it would be damaging to the organization to appear so flaky firing another coach so fast and having to hire a fourth one. But jeezus Dantoni is pushing the limits of what is actually possible for a coach in the NBA.

Dantoni is now, seriously, working on establishing himself as the worst coach in the HISTORY of the entire NBA, and he's doing it on the NBA's biggest stage. Seriously.

And if the Lakers lose five out of the next seven and go into a full on tailspin and mathematically eliminate themselves... WOW. I mean wtf is this clown gonna say when/if the Lakers pick up their 40th loss? I mean this is almost fascinating in a strange way. Like my expectations for the season are just minimal now, but watching this freakin' psycho-drama of Dantoni is bizarrely entertaining.

By this time next week this story could be HUGE. Football will be over, and you now the media is just holding back waiting for the Lakers to actually eliminate themselves. After that, wow. It's going to be wall to wall coverage of how bad the Lakers suck every night on ESPN all the way till May.

vCash
    D'Antonis system is proven?

Out of the teams he coached, Only the Suns have had some sort of success.

Then come playoff time it would fail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by friarfan07 View Post
    It's so simple it's baffling why it's still going on. Think about it: if Kobe is facilitating the offense, why did we even bother getting Nash? Similarly, if Pau isn't going to play his natural position or even start, why did we go with a system that has him doing something he's never done in his 12 year-long NBA career?

The system is like the worst thing I can think of. Not only is it inhibiting our stars from playing their natural positions and therefore to their respective potentials, it is like a patchwork of crap for a mediocre team. We are the Los Angeles Lakers. We aren't a mediocre team. Yet what we see night in and night out, complete with a 20-26 record, is evidence of a team that is below mediocrity. Change it, Front Office, now.
    It won't be this season though because it's lost cause.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast