Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by majmarcus View Post
    We aren't making the playoffs
    This

vCash
    Lol @ ur sig

vCash
    Sorry I ever, EVER thought he could be good with the Lakers. What a mistake on my part. He is getting exposed right now for exactly what he is. I'd be shocked if he gets a shot with another NBA franchise after this **** fest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by popo85 View Post
    Last 2 games MWB 7-25 from the field
    Metta World... b itch?

vCash
    Metta World BRICK!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    WORST man management EVER!!!

Get this BUM out of LA!
    **** Hate! I hate hate!!! Its the worst. That and Politicians.

vCash
    Exact same scenario as the night before except this time time D'Antoni accommodates Pau and leaves him and Metta in there and looks what happens. Far different result.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    Like maybe somebody who knows a lot more about basketball than I do could explain why they think this is happening.

I thought the Grantland article really nailed some things, and slowing down the offense, using the bigs, switching Kobe to being a point/facilitator, ramping up the defense, etc, have all been great adustments that should've been made earlier.

But there is another factor here that hasn't really been explained or talked about; right now I just feel that's it's almost as if the team doesn't have a coach, or has a coach that refuses to face facts and thinks that the team will just magically win without effort or structure somehow.
    Its not that complicated. There may or may not be a more complex long term problem with D'Antonni losing the team but that is not the reason this game was lost. They got tired and were missing shots and turning the ball over. And Dwight went out with injury.

Do we really need stupid threads like this now? Last game D'Antonni left Jamison in and got ripped on. This game he took him out and same thing. The team wins or losses...same thing.

This game was obviously on the players. Is the problem between the players going to cost the Laker team a chance at the playoffs? Yeah, maybe but not sure what that has to do with this game.

There was no off ball movement late in the game and Artest, Nash, Kobe, and Gasol all looked old and tired. The last play for the layup by Kobe looked like he missed because he had no lift/energy. Plus the team can't play defense without Howard consistently.

vCash
    i don't understand how and why the FO, mainly jimmy dumbuss, can't see the obvious - that d'anti is a cancer on this team, and is directly responsible for the clubs free fall to mediocrity. sure, we have some player issues, but how do you explain us winning with bernie bickerstaff. suddenly we can't play with two big men? wonder how phil made that work, with THREE big men playing at the same time? (it's called the triangle offense) bottom line is any coach with a brain and minimal self consuming narcissism, would evolve and adapt his game plan to utilize the talent that is available to him. d'anti is incapable or unwilling to do this. he must go. (and right behind him should be jimmy dumbuss)

vCash
    What a poor excuse for a coach. Jim Buss needs to wake up already.

vCash
    I may go on strike and not watch another game until something happens.
    :c

vCash
    ^yikes don't do that to yourself.
    go raiders

vCash
    Well we can pretty much all agree the D'Antoni sucks as a coach.... But if Howard wouldnt had got hurt, even with Artest bricking every ball that came his direction, the Lakers would had beat the Suns.

Olba Wellba
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    ^agreed.
    go raiders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    Well we can pretty much all agree the D'Antoni sucks as a coach.... But if Howard wouldnt had got hurt, even with Artest bricking every ball that came his direction, the Lakers would had beat the Suns.

Olba Wellba
    Yea... We have literally lost every single game were Dwight has been taken out of the game from either
    A)injury
    B) flagrant
    #Chow!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast