Okay, so I have this idea for a new game for PSD. Should be quite simple. Pretty similar to the auction fantasy draft but we do it over a longer period of time obviously.
Rules are INCREDIBLY fluid and may change, more added, etc etc. But here's the basis.
1. You have a cap, probably 100M just because it's even. You can bid out as much as you want but if you go over 100M of bids at a time, that you hold. Once you get outbid it doesn't matter. No bid retractions. Shouldn't need to be. Go over, get a fine. I'll figure that stuff out later.
2. We have threads that each team opens. Just like bidding on FA in the mock offseason. We have a limit too and maybe each team can only have 5 players that are still open for bidding at a time. Top bidder wins after maybe 3 days of being open or 24 hours of inactivity. Possibly have some rule that if there's a bid in the last 3 hours or something we extend for 12 more and everyone can only bid ONE more time. Something like that.
So if you start a thread for Player A, Player B, Player C, Player D, and Player E. When Player A goes final, then you can open one for Player F. And so on.
You obviously can bid on ANY open player thread the entire time.
3. What else am I forgetting......we have a minimum bid. Probably a million. A set margin you have to bump. .5 mil until 5 mil after that. 2mil a bid after 10. Something. Again, figure it out later
4. Um, that's pretty much it I suppose. I know there was more to it but I can't remember crap now. It'll come to me as I think about it more.
5. Trades, they will be allowed but I don't think right away. So like maybe let's say if we started on the 10th for example. No trades until the 20th. Or 17th or something. I just don't want endless pointless trades to start right away after the players were just bought.
Trading cap, we can talk about it. Have no preference.
Player salary cap, aka a max price on a player. Would rather not. Up to you guys if you really want it.
I'm sure I'm missing 500 other things that will hit me
So if you want in...post, got a question ask. So far it's me and homie in. I believe CSSTL as well. I haven't asked many else. Sure some GB guys will want in.
This will basically be the beta test for it all so hopefully we can have it run smooth the first time and maybe learn some things for the future still while having a good time.
GMs (Shooting for 12-16)