Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I think it would be pretty stupid to trade Bargs right now unless some other GM see's more in the guy then this fan base does. Anyone who can put there hate for the guy aside for a second could see how trading him at his all-time low would be stupid, let him come and see if he can build up his value for the offseason cause to me this season is damn near toast.
    This is why I don't see any big moves still to come. BC was already giving himself this out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    They were obsessed with the bottom line which was maintaining extreme profitability at all times. They were risk averse and did not want to spend money to make money. They are a quasi-government agency and thus don't necessarily have the same interest that would align with a purely private business such as the Raptors. They were representing the Ontario teaches retirement money and every $ spent would have to be able to be explained to the teachers union. It's hard to justify trading for Rudy Gay to the teachers union lol. So they didn't green light very many tax unfriendly deals. You can tell that they were in it only for the money and jumped at the proper chance to make a buck at selling MLSE to the telecom powerhouses Rogers & Bell.
    Any ownership group that isn't cautious with a struggling franchise, especially one with a GM prone to quick, expensive fixes, is not a very sound ownership group. Spending is not the solution. Planning and doing due diligence is.

vCash
    Those are big words coming from a former employee of OTPP to say this and I quote again...

"We're still going to be buyers," he said. "We're looking to make this basketball team better. I've got an ownership group that's committed to spending dollars. That's really what you saw evidenced by this trade yesterday."
    He sounded more like a rabid dog unleashed, .

vCash
    I still say Toronto trades him to detroit

TOR
    CHARLIE V

DET
    BARGNANI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Any ownership group that isn't cautious with a struggling franchise, especially one with a GM prone to quick, expensive fixes, is not a very sound ownership group. Spending is not the solution. Planning and doing due diligence is.
    ummmmm really?

vCash
    This is why I don't see any big moves still to come. BC was already giving himself this out.
    +1. trading Davis must have been double delicious for Colangelo because he can slide his boy right back in there as if nothing ever happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamison23 View Post

TOR
    CHARLIE V

DET
    BARGNANI
    Please tell me you are joking

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    LOL I made a couple trades on 2K and MIlsap and Gay are killing it!

vCash
    nope. would be a great trade charlie v played his best ball with toronto and was awsome with the comunity

vCash
    What would you rather them do specifically then? If you've mentioned it before feel free to copy/paste.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamison23 View Post

TOR
    CHARLIE V

DET
    BARGNANI
    Are you Rob Babcock?

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    +1. trading Davis must have been double delicious for Colangelo because he can slide his boy right back in there as if nothing ever happened.
    LOL... Maybe...

It might be more profitable to hang onto Bargnani until the end of the year... He's injured and had a bad start if you aren't getting value back for him in offers before the deadline you might as well hang onto him.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash

Cool

NO im not but I think this trade would work perfect

TOR
    CHARLIE V
    CASH CONSIDERATIONS
    2ND ROUND DRAFT PICK

DET
    BARGNANI

OR

TOR
    CHARLIE V
    MAGGETTE
    2ND ROUND PICK

DET
    BARGNANI
    KLEIZA
    ANDERSON

vCash
    Cant say its a bad trade a week ago everybody was saying trade for a pick just to get rid of him atleast im saying to trade him for someone with heart in toronto

vCash
    I would rather just trade Bargnani for an expiring & a late 1st, or a 2nd round pick, then amnesty Kleiza.

SWAGUEZ!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast