Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Now that Steve blake is back lakers have three pg to back up nash, they could do some cheap trade for Balke , duhon or morris, all of then can get the work done.

Will bynum on pistons is expendable now too.
    no to Steve Blake id rather play JL3 than Steve Blake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure the Hawks would be thrilled giving their 2 of their 3 best players away for the pleasure of paying $20 million for mediocre talent.
    Josh Smith is as good as gone from ATL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Josh Smith is as good as gone from ATL
    And I'm pretty sure the Hawks would rather just let him leave then take back two bloated contracts

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    And I'm pretty sure the Hawks would rather just let him leave then take back two bloated contracts
    Demar is not as bad as you think but i am not sure about Bargs he might still have some value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Demar is not as bad as you think but i am not sure about Bargs he might still have some value.
    Is Demar more valuable than Teague? Idk about that.

vCash
    I hope they get some interior defense

vCash
    I think it would be pretty stupid to trade Bargs right now unless some other GM see's more in the guy then this fan base does. Anyone who can put there hate for the guy aside for a second could see how trading him at his all-time low would be stupid, let him come and see if he can build up his value for the offseason cause to me this season is damn near toast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magikmc View Post
    Not a change we land Gasol. The cap numbers simply won't work. We would have to give up too much of our roster, let alone something valuable to LA.

The only option is Bargnani + a wing player for a big man. The problem with that is there are not many options out there, and why would a team trade away their big man for another one, who has just come off an injury, and we don't want for obvious reasons?

Guys like Milsap don't make much sense for the Raptors. We trade for him for 40 games and he walks and we have a giant hole. I'm pretty sure there is no way we can re-sign with our cap situation. That also rules out players like Josh Smith.

Please, do not get your expectations too high guys.

That hole is called cap space. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I know that some people prefer to get talent back, but to me salary relief is just as valuable as any other asset that would willingly be given up for Bargs.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    what about this trade
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
    Toronto gets its back up pg its starting c with paul and a good sg with rip
    Chicago gets its back up c that they really need and saves some money
    LA gets a a shooting pf which they want and a good back up SF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    That hole is called cap space. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I know that some people prefer to get talent back, but to me salary relief is just as valuable as any other asset that would willingly be given up for Bargs.

Doesn't that completely defeat the purpose of trading for Gay???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drj152152 View Post
    what about this trade
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
    Toronto gets its back up pg its starting c with paul and a good sg with rip
    Chicago gets its back up c that they really need and saves some money
    LA gets a a shooting pf which they want and a good back up SF
    You have to save it before you post the link, no one can see the trade you posted.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/iphone/baske...rgnani_fan590/

A day after making the blockbuster deal to acquire Rudy Gay, Raptors boss Bryan Colangelo appears to be far from finished making moves.

The Raptors president and general manager was a guest on Brady and Lang on Sportsnet 590 The Fan Thursday and said that maybe it was time for a change of scenery for Andrea Bargnani.

"There were obvious discussions with his agent at some point this year, and maybe even with Andrea, that maybe it has run its course," Colangelo said. "Maybe it's time to change address. That's not to say that we are absolutely going to trade Andrea. It's not to say he's asked for a trade.

"He's become a little bit of an easy target if you will, and there's a gang mentality some times, and it's easy to pile on."

Colangelo said that part of that problem may be in the way he carries himself.

"The onus is on him to deliver and play at a level all the time that looks like and appears as if he cares," he said. "You know he cares but it doesn't always seem that way."

Colangelo confirmed that Bargnani's name had come up in trade talks but said any and all discussions were shelved when the former No. 1 overall pick was injured. He also said that Bargnani, who is close to returning, may come back with a chip on his shoulder and believes that could help stimulate trade talks.

"You're going to see, I think, a rejuvenated Andrea Bargnani when he comes back from the injury here in a few days," Colangelo explained. "He's got something to prove. Maybe he proves just enough to create a trade conversation.

"I will tell you that any interest in Andrea -- which there was quite a bit early on in this season -- went by the wayside when he got hurt. So that's just a natural part of the business when a guy's not playing you can't really discuss him."

Colangelo said that there are still a couple of clubs around the league that are keeping close tabs on Bargnani and waiting to see how he looks when he returns before re-entering trade talks, although he would not guarantee that he would pull the trigger on a deal.

"There's teams interested I know that," he said. "I've got a handful of situations that people were monitoring this whole injury process. I'm not saying anything with any concrete nature that he's going to be traded but we're looking to make our basketball team better and I've pretty much told everybody: nobody on our team is untradeable based on some of the things we are looking to do and what our objectives are."

The trade for Gay will push the Raptors slightly over the salary cap heading into next season but Colangelo said the team would still be buyers this summer as there are alternate routes they could take to get under the cap.

"We're still going to be buyers," he said. "We're looking to make this basketball team better. I've got an ownership group that's committed to spending dollars. That's really what you saw evidenced by this trade yesterday."
    I like reading the last statement. Rogers and Bell are the new monsters in town. They seem to re-grasp the lost business sense of owning a sports franchise. Better product equals more revenues.

One step at a time. It may not be perfect but at least you see the good intention.

vCash
    So what exactly is the hate with the OTPP? Cause all I've ever heard is they basically approved any deal the Raptors and Leafs make.

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Was this behind closed doors vs. everybody else's hearing distance?

vCash
    So what exactly is the hate with the OTPP? Cause all I've ever heard is they basically approved any deal the Raptors and Leafs make.
    They were obsessed with the bottom line which was maintaining extreme profitability at all times. They were risk averse and did not want to spend money to make money. They are a quasi-government agency and thus don't necessarily have the same interest that would align with a purely private business such as the Raptors. They were representing the Ontario teaches retirement money and every $ spent would have to be able to be explained to the teachers union. It's hard to justify trading for Rudy Gay to the teachers union lol. So they didn't green light very many tax unfriendly deals. You can tell that they were in it only for the money and jumped at the proper chance to make a buck at selling MLSE to the telecom powerhouses Rogers & Bell.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast