Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Raptors Admit To Looking At Bargnani Trade Options. Bargnani would not mind trade

He also said during game there are more trades to come and Gay trade was a good "first step" So whats the move... for Pau?, for a pick? Will Bargnani wear a Raptor jersey again? not sure about the rule of trading hurt players

Bryan Colangelo admitted on NBA TV that the Toronto Raptors are shooping Andrea Bargnani.

Colangelo has spoken with Bargnani's agent about possible moves.

"I'm not saying he's asked for a trade, but he certainly would not fight or resist a [new] situation," said Colangelo.
    Last edited by spreadeagle; 01-31-2013 at 12:27 AM.

vCash
    Now everyone who hated the Gay trade is suddenly going to love it haha

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I don't think there's any rule about trading injured players. They just have to pass a physical before being traded. So as long as he passes the physical of the opposing team, it's fine. Being injured, it's hard to pass the physical though.

I still say the Lakers get Bargnani, and Pekovic, Raptors get Derrick Williams and Barea, Wolves get Gasol, Blake and Anderson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Now everyone who hated the Gay trade is suddenly going to love it haha
    Lol this.

I said it in the NBA thread too. http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...7#post25246287

vCash
    I believe its a forgone conclusion that the Raptors trade Bargs.

vCash
    I can't imagine that we'll get a lot. I don't really know what we want in return either. I guess most likely a backup Pf or a backup pg... Doubt anyone wants to trade picks for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    I believe its a forgone conclusion that the Raptors trade Bargs.
    Same. Bargs for Gasol base would work for both teams.

Unless the Jazz decides that Millsap is expendable then I would consider this first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Lol this.

I said it in the NBA thread too. http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...7#post25246287
    I always feel bad for fans of crummy bottom feeding teams when they get ripped on in the main forum or from posters of teams from superior teams, but when you see stuff like this it makes you want to rethink your stance.

A team like us that always gets ripped you would think fans would enjoy having a all star type player and improving our team talent wise but yet people always look at the worst case scenario.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I always feel bad for fans of crummy bottom feeding teams when they get ripped on in the main forum or from posters of teams from superior teams, but when you see stuff like this it makes you want to rethink your stance.

A team like us that always gets ripped you would think fans would enjoy having a all star type player and improving our team talent wise but yet people always look at the worst case scenario.
    Well we did have to give up a great prospect to get Gay. It looks like the fans were looking long term and Davis was the answer long term. But Gay is a solid player who can contribute unlike what some thing.

vCash
    Not a change we land Gasol. The cap numbers simply won't work. We would have to give up too much of our roster, let alone something valuable to LA.

The only option is Bargnani + a wing player for a big man. The problem with that is there are not many options out there, and why would a team trade away their big man for another one, who has just come off an injury, and we don't want for obvious reasons?

Guys like Milsap don't make much sense for the Raptors. We trade for him for 40 games and he walks and we have a giant hole. I'm pretty sure there is no way we can re-sign with our cap situation. That also rules out players like Josh Smith.

Please, do not get your expectations too high guys.

vCash
    Well we did have to give up a great prospect to get Gay. It looks like the fans were looking long term and Davis was the answer long term. But Gay is a solid player who can contribute unlike what some thing.
    Probably, probably not. Him and Jonas long term wouldn't have likely worked out. He still needs to work on driving right and using his right hand more. But Gay is already there just needs a change of scenery and scheme to be good again.

Plus its not like he's some spring chicken he's still 26 too. What 3 4 years older than Davis??

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I don't think there's any rule about trading injured players. They just have to pass a physical before being traded. So as long as he passes the physical of the opposing team, it's fine. Being injured, it's hard to pass the physical though.

I still say the Lakers get Bargnani, and Pekovic, Raptors get Derrick Williams and Barea, Wolves get Gasol, Blake and Anderson.
    I don't think Lakers would do it but sign me up.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    I wonder if a derozan and Barg's for an al Jeff deal could be an option

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magikmc View Post
    Not a change we land Gasol. The cap numbers simply won't work. We would have to give up too much of our roster, let alone something valuable to LA.

The only option is Bargnani + a wing player for a big man. The problem with that is there are not many options out there, and why would a team trade away their big man for another one, who has just come off an injury, and we don't want for obvious reasons?

Guys like Milsap don't make much sense for the Raptors. We trade for him for 40 games and he walks and we have a giant hole. I'm pretty sure there is no way we can re-sign with our cap situation. That also rules out players like Josh Smith.

Please, do not get your expectations too high guys.
    What do you mean they won't work? Bargs and Klieza for gasol works...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast