Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i'd like to see if lowry has really turned the corner before making a deal like that, as tempting as the talent is. i'd hate to become Sacramento east (also know as the Wizards).
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i'd like to see if lowry has really turned the corner before making a deal like that, as tempting as the talent is. i'd hate to become Sacramento east (also know as the Wizards).
    I'd wait until deadline for sure.

a core of

Lowry
    DD/Ross
    Gay
    Amir
    Cousins

or

Lowry
    DD
    Gay
    JVal/Amir
    Cousins

I think that is a contending core in a couple seasons. Cousins having size/strength, rebounding, scoring + passing skills would fit right in with our motion offence.
    Last edited by gwrighter; 02-03-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Sad, I think his size/game would be the perfect fit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    I'd wait until deadline for sure.

a core of

Lowry
    DD/Ross
    Gay
    Amir
    Cousins

or

Lowry
    DD
    Gay
    JVal/Amir
    Cousins

I think that is a contending core in a couple seasons.
    Cousins would also help this team in the half court without hindering the running game.

Amir upfront with his size & strength

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Sad, I think his size/game would be the perfect fit.
    well don't worry cause i'm not the GM.

what can i say, i'm all for reclamation projects but if you don't have the right supportive culture it can be a disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I think one of our biggest concerns going forward is our back up point guard situation. We have a pretty solid bench in
    Ross (number 9 draft pick) , Bargnani (number one draft pic), Alan Anderson (avgin 12 pts a game), Fields (a solid defender), Jonas (number 5 draft pick)
    they all have good credentials for back up positions,
    Our only back up point guard at the moment is John Lucas, but he really weakens our bench, he has his moments but he is really inconsistent

I say we make a run for for Will Bynum or Rodney Stucky from detroit.
    We should offer Pietrus, and Kleiza, or even put Alan Anderson in the mix if needed
    We have a jam at the small forward position and are in need of a PG
    Where as Detroit needs a SF as Prince left and right now they are play Stucky at the SF, (he did well first game but that won't last when he is going up against lebron James, Gay, Carmello and other legit SFs) and Corey M is out of their rotation, they need a SF quite badly
    They also have a serious Jam in their PG position with Will Bynum, Stucky, Jose Calderon, and Brendon Knight

So I really think we can get one of these players, for one of our small forwards and another piece, I add Kleiza for Stucky because stucky's contract is worth 8 mil so we need to match salaries or else we are taking on too much for a back up
    If people think Stucky's contract is too big (which I kinda agree with) we could also go for Will Bynum

vCash
    ^^ I wouldnt mind will bynum

vCash
    Concerning a potential Cousins trade, I did some research.

27 days ago Sam Amick of USA Today reported the former Kentucky star isn't 'untouchable' in potential trade talks.

Cousins changed his agent to Fegan who's also Walls agent. Apparently, Cousins though saying he wants to remain a King, is quietly trying to force his way to Washington to play with Wall.

If there's a trade to be made the Kings hope to either break even or shed salary. Have a need/want at C & SF

Boston seems to be the most dominant rumor out for Cousins. Main pieces mentioned from Bostons side (Sullinger & Bradley). With others like Green, Melo & pick mentioned in combination as well. (That said Sullinger recently went down with back problems....)

Assuming Raptors yield their pick this year to OKC. I would consider (Jonas + 2015 pick) for Cousins

vCash
    Cousins is the future best C in the league .. Id love to have him but also think the Kings would be dupid to give him up really and truly ..

vCash
    Guys I want BC to Target

M.Gortat
    A.Jefferson
    P.Milsap
    JJ.Reddick

I also want him to get another backup PG, because J.Lucas isn't going to cut it.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    BC should cut Pietrus to make room to get a backup PG. We don't need the guy anymore, and he doesn't even play anyways. Get rid of him.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjuk View Post
    I think one of our biggest concerns going forward is our back up point guard situation. We have a pretty solid bench in
    Ross (number 9 draft pick) , Bargnani (number one draft pic), Alan Anderson (avgin 12 pts a game), Fields (a solid defender), Jonas (number 5 draft pick)
    they all have good credentials for back up positions,
    Our only back up point guard at the moment is John Lucas, but he really weakens our bench, he has his moments but he is really inconsistent

I say we make a run for for Will Bynum or Rodney Stucky from detroit.
    We should offer Pietrus, and Kleiza, or even put Alan Anderson in the mix if needed
    We have a jam at the small forward position and are in need of a PG
    Where as Detroit needs a SF as Prince left and right now they are play Stucky at the SF, (he did well first game but that won't last when he is going up against lebron James, Gay, Carmello and other legit SFs) and Corey M is out of their rotation, they need a SF quite badly
    They also have a serious Jam in their PG position with Will Bynum, Stucky, Jose Calderon, and Brendon Knight

So I really think we can get one of these players, for one of our small forwards and another piece, I add Kleiza for Stucky because stucky's contract is worth 8 mil so we need to match salaries or else we are taking on too much for a back up
    If people think Stucky's contract is too big (which I kinda agree with) we could also go for Will Bynum
    those guys aren't really "point" guards, they are moreso scoring guards. I would like BC to go with a young PG in his first two seasons as our back-up/3rd PG.

vCash
    spanoulis or whatever his name is wouldn't be a bad pickup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    spanoulis or whatever his name is wouldn't be a bad pickup.
    he would? I wasn't impressed his 1st time in the NBA. Has he improved a lot since then? Is he better at creating for others?

vCash
    I would trade JV for Nikola Pekovic straight up if we could sign him , he is a beast and the Wolves are going to trade him or loose him because he is going to be a free agent and they can't afford him .

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast