Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 997
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,897
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I can see a Gasol trade happening now. It just seems like they're gonna really go for it. Sign a PG to a pro-rated vet minimum. Then look for a backup PG with the MLE / BAE in the summer.
    i liked this idea before, now i'm luke warm on it after the deal for Gay. i also don't see how we can make that work anymore without Jose. he was a good player and one they allegedly coveted and he helped offset Gasol's salary. now all we have is Bargnani and loose bits. i don't see it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,897
    vCash
    1500
    i wonder if Andrea hasn't privately requested a trade based on what Colangelo said yesterday. might explain why everything is so hush hush about his injury and why it's taking so damn long and why Colangelo seems so certain that he isn't done dealing. just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    699
    vCash
    1500
    I gotta say that I really don't like this deal for Gay. I don't see any upside to it, at least offensively, and I HATE the contract. Everyone complaining about Calderon's contract...well now we're stuck with $37M for the next 2 years on an average player (stat wise anyways). That said, he's here, I wish him luck and hope he is able to contribute the way everyone feels he will. Really sorry to see Calderon go, and especially Ed Davis.

    I do believe that the LA trade for Gasol will happen now. I think it will be Fields and Bargs + fillers...gonna be a busy offseason for the Raptors thats for sure.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    50,027
    vCash
    1500
    Haven't seen a lot of suggestions, so I thought I would throw one out there:

    Bargnani
    AA

    FOR

    SJax
    Cory Joseph
    1st round pick

    Why Spurs do it:
    AA is the type of wing they like to have. He would fill SJax shoes very well. Pop could use Bargs to help create space on the floor and I think he could be the perfect coach for him.

    Why we do it:
    We get an expiring, a young PG and a pick. I am not sure if asking for the pick is being too greedy. I don't think so but it could be.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    699
    vCash
    1500
    I think that we need to find a way to get rid of Klieza and Fields contracts...ride Gay Derozan AA and Ross, and maybe pick up a big for a couple of seasons as a mentor/starter-backup for Jonas. I think if you are going to push, you have to go all in and it sounds like Rogers/Bell is pushing Colangelo to go all in. I'm still not sure if you trade Bargs...if you have Derozan and Gay at 2/3, and Lowry at 1, do you keep Bargs as the 3/4th scoring option? I think that Gay becomes your #1 option, Derozan/Lowry # 2/3, and Bargs #3/4....thoughts?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,031
    vCash
    2633
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Haven't seen a lot of suggestions, so I thought I would throw one out there:

    Bargnani
    AA

    FOR

    SJax
    Cory Joseph
    1st round pick

    Why Spurs do it:
    AA is the type of wing they like to have. He would fill SJax shoes very well. Pop could use Bargs to help create space on the floor and I think he could be the perfect coach for him.

    Why we do it:
    We get an expiring, a young PG and a pick. I am not sure if asking for the pick is being too greedy. I don't think so but it could be.
    So what do we do with Capn Jack? Waive him I guess. Then we amnesty Kleiza in the off season?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,353
    vCash
    1500
    Bargnani, Derozan, and a futre pick for Josh Smith ( On an extension), and a filler.

    Lowry
    Ross or Fields
    Gay
    Smith
    Valanciunas.

    If Atlanta would accept, I really like that core going forward. And think it would be a lot better than the Hawks we have seen over the past couple years, the alleged "treadmill" team.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    50,027
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AntwanN21 View Post
    Bargnani, Derozan, and a futre pick for Josh Smith ( On an extension), and a filler.

    Lowry
    Ross or Fields
    Gay
    Smith
    Valanciunas.

    If Atlanta would accept, I really like that core going forward. And think it would be a lot better than the Hawks we have seen over the past couple years, the alleged "treadmill" team.
    And if Smith won't sign an extension?
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    So what do we do with Capn Jack? Waive him I guess. Then we amnesty Kleiza in the off season?
    Pretty much. We would still be stuck with Fields but he would have more of a role with Kleiza and AA gone.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,031
    vCash
    2633
    Quote Originally Posted by AntwanN21 View Post
    Bargnani, Derozan, and a futre pick for Josh Smith ( On an extension), and a filler.

    Lowry
    Ross or Fields
    Gay
    Smith
    Valanciunas.

    If Atlanta would accept, I really like that core going forward. And think it would be a lot better than the Hawks we have seen over the past couple years, the alleged "treadmill" team.
    Not sure if you can do an extend and trade anymore. Thought they did a "Carmelo rule" in the new CBA, but I could be wrong.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,353
    vCash
    1500
    [QUOTE=Bob_at_york;25269442]And if Smith won't sign an extension?

    But have a little bias, but I'd still do it. I love Smith as a player, and I'm sure he'd fit in nicely with Gay and Lowry. On another note, I could see BC offering him a max deal, or even close enough to one as soon as he comes here.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,641
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Stay away from G.a.s.o.l.

    Its as bad an idea as it comes.
    i dont think the raptors want him he is getting old and he is not as good as he used to be + 19 million for him and 17 for Rudy Gay is way to much money

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    85
    vCash
    1500
    Is it possible that we're getting Gay this year so we could make a run at the playoff spot for this season, and by next, we flip him for a first rounder + expiring and increase our chances at Wiggins? Highly unlikely, but just a thought.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    T Dot O Dot
    Posts
    16,738
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AntwanN21 View Post
    Bargnani, Derozan, and a futre pick for Josh Smith ( On an extension), and a filler.

    Lowry
    Ross or Fields
    Gay
    Smith
    Valanciunas.

    If Atlanta would accept, I really like that core going forward. And think it would be a lot better than the Hawks we have seen over the past couple years, the alleged "treadmill" team.
    I would jump on that deal.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11,346
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Senbonzakura View Post
    Is it possible that we're getting Gay this year so we could make a run at the playoff spot for this season, and by next, we flip him for a first rounder + expiring and increase our chances at Wiggins? Highly unlikely, but just a thought.
    what team would take Gay who have potential to get a high draft pick?

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    868
    vCash
    1500
    only if we can have bosh back lol

    barg and dero for bosh

    lowry
    ross
    gay
    bosh
    jonas

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •