Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a6rl2tc

Raptors get Al Jefferson
    Utah gets Derozan and Thaddeus Young
    Philly gets Bargnani
    i like this but i think philly is getting the short end of the stick. how can you add just a little bit more value for philly in this deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Can someone explain the desire for Jefferson, wouldn't that be the equivalent of Gay playing behind Randolph?.

Millsap would be my target.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Can someone explain the desire for Jefferson, wouldn't that be the equivalent of Gay playing behind Randolph?.

Millsap would be my target.
    don't get the correlation.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    don't get the correlation.
    Had idea's of utilizing Gay in the post with a stretch big opening the paint to utilize his size speed & athleticism against a smaller defender.

Think Jefferson like Randolph will clog the paint & slow the pace forcing Gay to remain a perimeter player where his efficiency has suffered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by khanraymond View Post
    I hope Toronto, Brian, and Ed can work themselves into the Suns-Hawk deal.

Suns have expressed interest in Josh Smith, while Gortat as the centre piece involved in the deal.

I think the Hawks would value Bragnani more than Gortat, as a combination of Al and Andrea would be a interesting inside/out front court for the hawks. As well as add Jared Dudly and draft picks to the mix.

Moving Landry Fields to the Sunds would make sense in wake of the Rudy gay trade (since already have Ross and Anderson). And Gortat to the Raptors would give Jonas a solid defensive big man to pair with. Both Gortat and Jonas have a 8-10ft offensive game, while both can also play with their back to the basket. Also, Gortat is a solid rebounder and shot blocker to pair with DeRo/Gay. As well, I'm sure Brian could swing Kendall Marshall - the rookie who has not seen much playing time as a member of the Suns. Gives Toronto a young, pass-first pg that can develop behind Lowry/Lucas.

Toronto gets - Marcin Gortat, Kendall Marshall
    Phoenix gets - Josh Smith, Landry Fields
    Atlanta gets - Andrea Bragnani, Jared Dudly, and Phoenix draft picks
    We get way too good a deal. I want to acquire Marshall. How about something smaller for him?

vCash
    bargs for kirilenko?

bargs + jl3 for kirilenko + ridnour?

bargs + jonas for love?

vCash
    If the rumors are true about BC and the Lakers having discussions concerning Bargs and Pau, more than likely it may get revisited again by the people concerned.

I have a strong feeling that this trade will happen before the deadline. Lakers are just waiting to see if Bargs is healthy.

However I wish BC would call Utah about Millsap's availability. I would prefer him than Jefferson...

1. This allows Val to fast track his development as being the primary Center.
    2. Millsap has decent range outside of 15 feet, he can shoot the three.
    3. He can defend three positions(C/PF/SF) due to his agility and athleticism.

Now if the concern of Millsap being a rental player knowing that this is his last year of his contract then maybe they can wait in the offseason and do a sign and trade for him.

But I suspect Pau is the next target.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    If the rumors are true about BC and the Lakers having discussions concerning Bargs and Pau, more than likely it may get revisited again by the people concerned.

I have a strong feeling that this trade will happen before the deadline. Lakers are just waiting to see if Bargs is healthy.

However I wish BC would call Utah about Millsap's availability. I would prefer him than Jefferson...

1. This allows Val to fast track his development as being the primary Center.
    2. Millsap has decent range outside of 15 feet, he can shoot the three.
    3. He can defend three positions(C/PF/SF) due to his agility and athleticism.

Now if the concern of Millsap being a rental player knowing that this is his last year of his contract then maybe they can wait in the offseason and do a sign and trade for him.

But I suspect Pau is the next target.
    I think there is a possibilty that he might resign with us

vCash
    Now that we kinda of have an idea that Toronto management doesnt care about spending then i can see a package surrounding Demar and Bargnani with maybe some throw ins happening now. Demar and Andrea for Josh Smith(only if he agrees to be extended)could be really intriguing. The Pau trade would be nice but dont think we would give up Demar in that deal(nor would i want to), and i doubt LAL take a packages of Andrea Landry and Kleiza but if they would that would be ideal.
    Either way a future line up of
    PG Kyle Lowry
    SG Terrence Ross
    SF Rudy Gay
    PF Josh Smith/Pau Gasol
    C Jonas Val.....cunas
    would be lovely

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djsunyc View Post
    bargs for kirilenko?

bargs + jl3 for kirilenko + ridnour?

bargs + jonas for love?
    i can't see minnesota saying yes to any of those. kirilenko has been dynamite.

vCash
    With the rudy gay trade now complete, our roster does seem like it needs a lot more changes moving forward. I definitely think we need a legit PF, and we NEED to get rid of andrea. I think Josh Smith is someone we should target. I know he's looking for a max deal, but if we could offload a guy like demar, I wouldn't mind giving it to him. I think Demar, while he's kind of overpaid, is a type of player Atlanta would be looking for in a Josh Smith deal. Personally, I don't see him as a good fit in Toronto anymore with Rudy Gay. Terrence Ross is a much better fit.

Trade 1
    Toronto trades: Demar Derozan, Linas Kleiza and Hamed Haddadi
    Toronto acquires: Josh Smith

Trade 2
    Toronto trades: Andrea Bargnani and Aaron Gray
    Toronto acquires: Desagana Diop (expiring), Hakeem Warrick, and Jeffrey Taylor

Sign Scott Machado to a minimum contract for the rest of the year

Post trades Lineup:

PG: Kyle Lowry/John Lucas III/Scott Machado
    SG: Terrence Ross/Landry Fields/Jeffrey Taylor
    SF: Rudy Gay/Alan Anderson/Michael Pietrus
    PF: Josh Smith/Hakeem Warrick/Quincy Acy
    C: Jonas Valanciunas/Amir Johnson/Desagana Diop

I think that's a great foundation moving forward. Yeah, we're probably overpaying for non-superstar calibre players, but unless we draft a superstar, I dont see max calibre players coming to Toronto anyways. This is a good mix of young veterans, and rookies. Most of our team would be in their mid 20s.

In the off-season, we could let Lucas go, and spend the MLE on a backup PG (eg. Beno Udrih)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Stay away from G.a.s.o.l.

Its as bad an idea as it comes.
    lol, there are no spaniards on our team. Stop trolling our forum. kthxbye.

vCash
    i really liked the way the team played tonight. I don't want Bargs on this team. I hope BC can move him and bring some help in at the point.

I have really been impressed with the way that Gray has played these last few games. I dont' see him being a long term option but the guy has given us some good minutes.

Like i said move Bargs for some help on the point and whatever else we might be able to get. I am willing to run with the roster we have to see if we can get into the playoffs.

Amir has been outstanding lately and don't jump on me cause i am not a hoop nut like some but with Amir starting i don't really see room for someon like Milsap or Jefferson. too much of the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerguy2412 View Post
    i really liked the way the team played tonight. I don't want Bargs on this team. I hope BC can move him and bring some help in at the point.

I have really been impressed with the way that Gray has played these last few games. I dont' see him being a long term option but the guy has given us some good minutes.

Like i said move Bargs for some help on the point and whatever else we might be able to get. I am willing to run with the roster we have to see if we can get into the playoffs.

Amir has been outstanding lately and don't jump on me cause i am not a hoop nut like some but with Amir starting i don't really see room for someon like Milsap or Jefferson. too much of the same.
    well we will see what Bargs can contribute to the team before we ship him off. He's not the go-to guy anymore. Gay is. If that pressure is off Bargnani, maybe Bargnani can play better all round. He's still a decent big man - and a decent passer. Things have changed on the Raptors since he's been out.

vCash
    Demar4Jsmoove

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast