Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 997
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    50,033
    vCash
    1500

    Raptors Trade/FA Ideas Thread - Post Calderon Edition

    Ok, I think the back-up PG position is one we need to fill. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Mile High Champ; 02-11-2013 at 12:50 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,655
    vCash
    1500
    Eric Koreen: Colangelo told NBA TV he's shopping Andrea Bargnani. Has talked with agent about moving him, but won't just trade him to trade him. Twitter @ekoreen
    TORONTO RAPTORS, TRADE, ANDREA BARGNANI | SHARE



    Gasol

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,660
    vCash
    1500
    BC is an idiot. He acts like Bargnani has a lot of value. He has nothing besides the ability to shoot/score. If a team needs a wing, they can go for him. His contract is not that friendly either. Give me Dalembert and a 2nd. That would make me happy. I just want to get rid of him.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,372
    vCash
    1500
    I seriously think we're screwed. We lack depth with bigs and we don't have a backup PG. We can't trade a c/PF for a better C/PF without packaging something else and we have nothing to package other than Ross/val.

    Maybe, MAYBE we can trade one of our wings for a decent backup PG but I don't see colangelo doing that after handing the reigns to Lowry.

    I think we're really ****ed. I also think this will put an end to Colangelo's GM career for a while.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,218
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Ok, I think the back-up PG position is one we need to fill. Any suggestions?
    I think I will just let this play out until the end of the season with Lowry and Turd as the two PGs, there is a risk that one of them goes down on injuries but since there are only 36 games left, I don't see the need for another one.

    I would want Lowry to be comfortable on his role as the main guy without really being concerned about someone that could be a potential threat in stealing the starting spot from him.

    Maybe in the offseason, they can reevaluate the PG position.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,655
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    BC is an idiot. He acts like Bargnani has a lot of value. He has nothing besides the ability to shoot/score. If a team needs a wing, they can go for him. His contract is not that friendly either. Give me Dalembert and a 2nd. That would make me happy. I just want to get rid of him.
    I remember many of us valued Bargs over bosh in his final year here... There are teams that would love him.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,660
    vCash
    1500
    This team needs rebounding help. Bottom 3 in the league is not good to say the least. My Dalembert trade example helps Toronto shore up some rebounding issues. I wonder what it could take to pry Andrew Bynum away from Philly if he is playing well? Go for a big from Denver like Mozgov. Just go for cheap options. Heck, Alan Anderson for Mozgov could work if Denver wants to add a cheap 2 guard.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,655
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by magikmc View Post
    I seriously think we're screwed. We lack depth with bigs and we don't have a backup PG. We can't trade a c/PF for a better C/PF without packaging something else and we have nothing to package other than Ross/val.

    Maybe, MAYBE we can trade one of our wings for a decent backup PG but I don't see colangelo doing that after handing the reigns to Lowry.

    I think we're really ****ed. I also think this will put an end to Colangelo's GM career for a while.
    We're not screwed... Relax. Teams try to consolidate talent up to 9 players. We've had too much depth and not enough talent for a long time. Everything will be fine, he's had a plan for a while now. He'll create a roster spot, pick up a PG and upgrade the PF spot.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,660
    vCash
    1500
    You want an upgrade to PF spot? Go with someone like Keynon Martin for cheap. That's a temp solution.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,066
    vCash
    2633
    I can see a Gasol trade happening now. It just seems like they're gonna really go for it. Sign a PG to a pro-rated vet minimum. Then look for a backup PG with the MLE / BAE in the summer.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,660
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I can see a Gasol trade happening now. It just seems like they're gonna really go for it. Sign a PG to a pro-rated vet minimum. Then look for a backup PG with the MLE / BAE in the summer.
    What PG though? I cannot think of anyone outside of Derrick Fisher(that has some usefulness.) And Fisher is old. I'll pass on Gasoft.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think the Gasol trade will happen for 2 reasons. They are starting to gel together now and might not wanna ruin anything. Second we don't have anyone to match salaries with them unless they take Kleiza and Fields and I doubt they'd do that.

    But as far as possible guys we can get for Bargs. Some names I wouldn't mind would be Varajeo, Mozgov, patrick patterson, elton brand, Larry Sanders, Gortat, Tiago Splitter, Okafor, Millsap, AL Jefferson.

    Not straight up but some sort of package.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,655
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I don't think the Gasol trade will happen for 2 reasons. They are starting to gel together now and might not wanna ruin anything. Second we don't have anyone to match salaries with them unless they take Kleiza and Fields and I doubt they'd do that.

    But as far as possible guys we can get for Bargs. Some names I wouldn't mind would be Varajeo, Mozgov, patrick patterson, elton brand, Larry Sanders, Gortat, Tiago Splitter, Okafor, Millsap, AL Jefferson.

    Not straight up but some sort of package.

    Did you read that Dantoni comment about 48 hours... Seems to me they are just prolonging that relationship until Bargs is healthy.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,660
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I don't think the Gasol trade will happen for 2 reasons. They are starting to gel together now and might not wanna ruin anything. Second we don't have anyone to match salaries with them unless they take Kleiza and Fields and I doubt they'd do that.

    But as far as possible guys we can get for Bargs. Some names I wouldn't mind would be Varajeo, Mozgov, patrick patterson, elton brand, Larry Sanders, Gortat, Tiago Splitter, Okafor, Millsap, AL Jefferson.

    Not straight up but some sort of package.
    Okafor, Brand, Mozgov, and Sanders are the likeliest of those that could occur. Sanders is the best of the ones I agree with. He has the cheapest contract and has upside with his unexpected season. I thought he was a bust before this yr.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,496
    vCash
    1500
    id kill for gortat or millsap

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •