Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Will miss him for sure. During the Jose interview, I noticed he was walking away in the background with a Towel on his head.

vCash
    jesus, I think this is hardest day I've ever seen as a raptor fan. Ed deserved better than this. So did jose. BC is gonna burn this thing to the ground before he's done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    jesus, I think this is hardest day I've ever seen as a raptor fan. Ed deserved better than this. So did jose. BC is gonna burn this thing to the ground before he's done.
    What would you have done for each player? It's not like he screwed them over.

vCash
    I will miss the man they called "Boss" Ed Davis

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    At least he has Bayless in Memphis to hang out with.

vCash
    i feel bad for both players. indifferent about this trade

but ed davis has a good opportunity on a playoff team and zach randolph is not getting any younger. i don't feel like we screwed him over. it may seem that way but in the long run when jonas valanciunas gets back, i don't see ed davis starting on this team. amir johnson is a better powerforward than he is on both ends of the floor except we needed amir to play center.

if jonas never got injured, would davis have had the opportunity?

vCash
    The staff wouldn't let Davis flourish, I doubt it that Ed Davis would carry us with wins and we barely play him. 2 quick fouls and he's out, as I recall.

vCash
    When you trade strong character guys who put the team before themselves, its never a good thing regardless of the return.

If I was confused before, I know now: this team is going nowhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    What would you have done for each player? It's not like he screwed them over.
    As GM, I would have rode out the season with what we have. With the exception of potentially trading jose. I'm a believer that if the plan is to build a team, you don't break up the core halfway through a season. As for trading Jose, I might not have even done that, as he's outperformed his replacement thus far, had better chemistry with his teammates, and based on those two things, I think we're more likely to resign him at a cheaper rate in the off season.

I understand basketball is a business, and trade can happen anytime, but as a fan, I'm entitled not to see it as one every once in a while. What I see is a trade that'll send our longest standing and most loyal player to a non-contender in the latter stages of his career, and another guy who's showing promise for the first time under regular minutes get traded to a situation where he could be buried on the bench again. Both deserved better IMO.

vCash
    i think having jose here was hindering everyone elses development it had to happen eventually. he could only spoon feed them for so long until they have to find a way to make it on their own. it may be a rough start but with lowry starting it will help the other guys games grow more
    go home raptors, you're drunk

vCash
    Thanks Eddie D for your hard work and determination for the Raptors. I am a huge fan of yours, and can't wait to continue to watch you continue to develop and grow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    When you trade strong character guys who put the team before themselves, its never a good thing regardless of the return.
    If I was confused before, I know now: this team is going nowhere.
    10000000000% agree with you here.

vCash
    this hurts a lot, this is the first time i hope a player comes back to toronto and goes off on us.

vCash
    Having a feeling we'll be doing the same for Ross in one or two years too -- the Raps have been downright horrible besides DeRozan in developing their rookies...

vCash
    To think how much time our staff has put into developing his game, it must be tough on them as well. It think the reason Casey was pissed during the pre-game interview was more about losing Ed than losing Jose. I'm gonna miss Ed he was an integral part of this team's personality. High character guy, but at least I'm happy to say we're bringing in another high character guy in Rudy Gay who wants to be here too.

#resignjoseandedintheoffseason
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast