Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Looks like Ed really wanted to be here. it's a shame to see him got but we sold high on him. Always seemed like a hardworker. good luck Ed

vCash
    For sure gonna miss Ed! But I knew from the beginning that Ed or Amir would get traded this year, and since Ed's value was higher and Amir has played good too, Ed was better trade option. Plus he'd probably end up getting a contract like demars.

I hope he kills it in Memphis though... Always loved watching him play.

vCash
    I`ll never forget this moment lol

http://allball.blogs.nba.com/2013/01...ls=nbahpsplit2

not only for DeRozan`s amazing shot, but also Ed Davis and his classic line ``That`s my f*cking n*gga aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh`lol

(fast forward to about 28 seconds to hear it, this is the only video where you can actually see him saying it while you hear it.........in super HD echo mode mind you)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    So classy from Ed responding to so many fan tweets. I just decided to creep his Twitter and was pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to watching his Grizz debut tonight...as I wonder why Rudy won't make his Raps debut until Sunday...

vCash
    lol at all you guys feeling bad for a kid whos making millions to play a sport he loves

in all seriousness though Ed is sad im guessing because he had grown close to derozan. the sooner these young guys learn that this is a business the better off they are.

the situation he is in now is better then the one he was in with toronto so there is really no need to feel for him at all. infact im happy for him. He gets to compete in the playoffs, and he will be the first big off the bench for randolph and gasol.

There is a role for him in memphis and they have a pretty dam good team. My guess is davis will be the pf of the future in memphis once randolph expires or gets traded to adress another need.

I wish Ed the best of luck in the future and im sure he will be a fine player in this league for years to come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    lol at all you guys feeling bad for a kid whos making millions to play a sport he loves

in all seriousness though Ed is sad im guessing because he had grown close to derozan. the sooner these young guys learn that this is a business the better off they are.

the situation he is in now is better then the one he was in with toronto so there is really no need to feel for him at all. infact im happy for him. He gets to compete in the playoffs, and he will be the first big off the bench for randolph and gasol.

There is a role for him in memphis and they have a pretty dam good team. My guess is davis will be the pf of the future in memphis once randolph expires or gets traded to adress another need.

I wish Ed the best of luck in the future and im sure he will be a fine player in this league for years to come.
    well said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Guys could you tell me more about Davis I don't see alot of raptors games because of the east west thing.Backup Big man on the Grizzlies always do well Marrese speights went from 0 points with the sixers to 13 a game with the Grizz same with Dante Cunningham and Darrell Arthur because of our inside outside system always helps them.

So I want to know more about him(Ed) I'll do it for Gay.
    The good-
    -One of the best closers in the NBA alot people don't know this but Rudy loves last second shots to win games.
    -I think him and Lebron are one of the best fastbreak SFs in the NBA Rudy love fast breaks and scores almost every time.
    -He has alot of moves on offense low post high post outside inside ect..
    -A team first guy and works hard on the gym and in practice.
    The Bad-
    -Mentally weak he needs to score early to get into the game and good defenders get into his head and take him off his game.
    -Lazy defender he has all the weapons to be good on Defense but he is very lazy on defense just like Melo in NY.
    -3 point shooting and long 2s sometimes he gets hot but his shooting in average at best.
    -Double team him and he WILL turn it over(Rudy always has a smaller player on him so teams double him and he turns it over alot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Guys could you tell me more about Davis I don't see alot of raptors games because of the east west thing.Backup Big man on the Grizzlies always do well Marrese speights went from 0 points with the sixers to 13 a game with the Grizz same with Dante Cunningham and Darrell Arthur because of our inside outside system always helps them.

The good-
    -One of the best closers in the NBA alot people don't know this but Rudy loves last second shots to win games.
    -I think him and Lebron are one of the best fastbreak SFs in the NBA Rudy love fast breaks and scores almost every time.
    The Bad-
    -Mentally weak he needs to score early to get into the game and good defenders get into his head and take him off his game.
    -Lazy defender he has all the weapons to be good on Defense but he is very lazy on defense just like Melo in NY.
    -3 point shooting and long 2s sometimes he gets hot but his shooting in average at best.
    -Double team him and he WILL turn it over(Rudy always has a smaller player on him so teams double him and he turns it over alot.
    well everyone has their own opinion of Ed Davis

imo,

Davis is hardworking, great teammate, hustles, being at the right place at the right time, still developing. IMO he's going to give you 12-15ppg-10rpg in his prime if he is a starter, very efficient - but thats b/c he doesn't create his own shot a lot and relies on pass-first pgs or good passers around him

Davis is also not very skilled in terms of basketball skillset - no jumper- very much broken, no go-to move, not that great defensively, still too small to bang with the heavier PFs in this league,

vCash

The good-
    The Bad-
    I'll give it shot myself.

Ed's young, and still pretty raw. As a result, his improvements this year come with and *, as no one's really sure if these developments in his game can be sustained.

Doesn't generate his own shot. So far, his 'go to' move in the post is a quick spin off the dribble. Outside of that, he relies on his athleticism to make cut to the basket and feeds off of dishes from penetrating guards.

He has improved his shot, although it's still not a staple in his offensive game. He's good to about the elbow and in, although it still looks awkward. If he's getting an elbow jumper off a broken play, it's not something you shouldn't be upset about him taking.

When he's got the ball around the rim, he'll try to finish with force. Every damned time. And I love him for that. If he's around the rim and thinks he's got space to go up, he's a really bad man.

Great rebounder, on both sides of the ball. But, the makeup of the raptors this year really has showcased his offensive rebounding capabilities along with Amir Johnson. In his later days in Toronto, one of the strengths was our bigs to bigs interior passing. If Marc or Z-Bo can find him on a dish while attacking the rim the same way Amir did, he'll give you 15 a night on 8/11 shooting to go along with those boards and strong d.

He's not big enough to offer a ton of rim protection, but he contests shots at his size about as well as you can hope for.

I hope he does well for you in Memphis. I worry about him without Jose, because there aren't many players in the league who are so skewed on the pass first mentality, but if you guys have men on the roster looking to find him, he'll continue to feel good about himself and his game will only improve.

vCash
    Thanks for the post like alot of you guys I also want Gay to do well with you guys I really don't care who won the trade or whatever.

vCash

The good-
    The Bad-
    sounds like a slightly taller, longer derozan

vCash
    I liked Ed a lot this year but lets not get carried away, I think he will be a guy who could have a decent career probably floating around in the league for most his career but will be a serviceable back-up PF with a good work ethic and attitude. I wish him all the luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123