5 45.45%
  • Jason Thompson

6 54.55%
  • Marcus Thornton

2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    vCash

Exclamation Kings Moving Forward

Its time to play GM. If the Kings do in fact stay in Sacramento they will be under new ownership, resulting in a new decision maker (GM).

If you were the GM, who are the 5 players you would keep on the team. Keep in mind, they don't have to be the 5 best players. (for example, let Tyreke go due to lack of development, etc.)

Choose only 5 players, and you can post your explanation as well.

vCash
    Cousins
    Robinson
    Evans
    Jimmer
    Isaiah

I would like that lineup too.
    Under new direction, and a year or two down the road!

vCash
    I chose Boogie, JT, Evans, Jimmer, and IT; but, honestly, my list could have stopped at Boogie. I really don't need an explanation for Boogie, so I'll skip that. I chose to keep JT because he has good size and usually plays within himself. I kept Evans because he's our second best player and you can see that he is still working to improve. I kept Jimmer because he plays smart and he can really stretch the defense. Also, like Reke, you can see that he is working to improve. Finally, I kept IT because he would make a good back-up PG. He can bring offense and leadership as a spark off the bench. Plus, he's just a likable guy.

My most notable omission was T-Rob. I have nothing against the guy, but we need more length off the bench. We can get a good return in trade for T-Rob, while Hayes has little trade value.

In a perfect (but still somewhat realistic) world, here are the moves I would love to see the Kings make going forward:

Before the trade deadline, deal Thornton, T-Rob, and James Johnson to Indiana for Danny Granger and Miles Plumlee. Granger is a very good SF who has a nice all-around game and would be a solid second option on offense. Plumlee would add a some size off of the bench.

Also before the deadline, deal Aaron Brooks for whatever value we can get. Brooks definitely should not be in the Kings long-term plans and he probably has some value given his experience and contract. I would love a get another big man for him if possible. I've brought up the idea of Brooks for Fab Melo before, so I'll keep that in my example.

In the off-season, I would try to use our draft pick to either draft a starting PG or trade for one. PG is probably our biggest weakness right now.

Most importantly, I would use the off-season to find a new coach.

I think this line-up would be good enough to make the playoffs and possibly put a scare into our first round opponent (think Golden State this season).

Draft or trade pick for starting PG/IT
    Reke/Jimmer
    Granger/Salmons/Outlaw
    JT/Hayes/Plumlee
    Boogie/Melo

vCash
    Wow, looking at it like that, I just don't want to vote. I hate our tiny, undersized guys. I wonder what we can trade for tyreke, or what he'll make next season. As good as boogie is he still has a lot of work to do. I think he pisses off the refs and they take it out on the team all night. And the combo of tyreke and cuz hasn't won a whole lot of games. Salmons is good but he's never great for a whole game and he has a high salary. Marcus is a ok guard that chucks and is over paid. T-rob is undersized, chuck is soild and is the one that can come in after a strom od dumbness by our starters. But he iz still undersized and over paid. I.t., brooks, if they can't fiind 4 assists in a game I don't know why we want them. Jimmer can shoot but is still again undersized with bad d' and with our bad team d' it's a lay-up drill for the opposition. Everyone else has major flaws. I might roll with outlaw first.energy, shooting, not undersized, and isn't over paid. I guess bang for the buck there. I beteer put j.t. in the I guess I would keep him.
    Last edited by sneak; 01-31-2013 at 01:04 AM.

vCash
    Cousins - Best player on team and only 21 years old.

Jimmer - Because we need to sell tickets.

T-rob - Because he has the best motor on the team and doesn't need the ball to make an impact in the game.

JT - Why not? He's the perfect 3rd big and a serviceable starting PF but Robinson could eventually take over for him.

Tyreke - We've invested so much in him we can't just 'let go' of him.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    If I were the GM, I would keep 7 players. But for the sake of the conversation: Reke, Boogie, IT, JT, and T-Rob.

Reke- He's improved his jumper and has played very well this year when he has been healthy. He has the ability to score at will at times and can play defense. Although, I think he needs to focus on his D a little. It can be a lot better. Big trade value, and how it's looking, we shouldn't have to overpay to keep him this summer.

Boogie- I don't need to explain why I would keep him, do I??

IT- May be undersized, but is a good scorer and great leader. Very vocal and runs the offense nicely. Better than anyone else on the the team, at least. He's definitely the general when he's on the floor. Plays hard and never gives up. Has room for improvement, so he can get better. Not sure how much value a guy like him can bring, but any team looking to make a title run would be happy to have him.

JT- Has been the most consistent player this year, despite his recent slump. Hard worker and can do a little of everything. Defend, rebound, shoot, and can post-up. Still fairly young and has great trade value.

T-Rob- Slow start this year, but has found his niche and has been playing better and better since doing so. Lots of energy and has a great work ethic. Although he hasn't shot the ball very much or well this year, he does have a jumper. And because of his hustle, his rebound will always be there. Young and has good trade value.

vCash
    Tyreke Evans - Although he's not where he should be in terms of production, he has a unique skill set.
    DeMarcus Cousins - Talented, needs to harness it and be a consistent force.
    Jimmer Fredette - It comes down to minutes, he promotes ball moment, and makes the right play (unselfish).
    Thomas Robinson - High motor, I'm not too fond of undersized big men but I'm being patient with him.
    Jason Thompson - Whether his future is coming off the bench or starting, he's a great player to have.

I can see the Kings making a move which would include Evans and Thompson, but that's because they would get great value back. A CHANGE IN OWNERSHIP CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH!

vCash
    Also, I said if I were GM, I would keep 7 players. The other 2 players I would keep are Salmons and Jimmer.

vCash
    I was stumped before I even chose 1 player, but since I had to choose 5 I did.

In my opinion every player is available even Cousins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I was stumped before I even chose 1 player, but since I had to choose 5 I did.

In my opinion every player is available even Cousins.
    I think Boogie is someone we can't trade unless he just becomes too much of a distraction. There's no way we get equal value for him and this team can't afford to become less talented.

vCash
    Cousins has a lot of physical talent but I think his lack of mental talent is going to hold him back. I don't think he is a untouchable.

I am pretty much just tired of him, he has worn me down. You can only take so much before you throw your hands up in the air and that is where I am now.

vCash
    Well, big cuz has big problem when we need a basket. They double team him and he'll force a bad shoot, make a bad pass, or make a slow pass along with others from his team that couldn't beat the double team because thier passes are lobs they are not "on a rope" that's for sure. When Cuz shoots from the out side if he misses it always seems to be a fastbreak for the other team. He can do some things well but I don't think he is the player that we think he is.

Tyreke on the other hand has played beter this year. He has stayed within himself for the most part and has played solid. He still can be a star I belive, but he is not one now.

I would like to see a huge shake up in the starters though. Everyone will say I'm crazy but I want to see
    , tyreke, Cisco, outlaw, t-rob/or j.t. and Cuz as starters. I bet they would outplay our current starters. I just need some thing different. I like the basketball iq cisco and outlaw bring. I know they may not be in the long term plans of the kizngs but, maybe they sould be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Cousins
    Robinson
    Evans
    Jimmer
    Isaiah

I would like that lineup too.
    Under new direction, and a year or two down the road!
    That's interesting because I would think that they would get abused defensively. Personally, out of the 5 you mentioned I could only see Evans, Robinson, and Cousins starting. Don't think of Jimmer or Thomas as starters. I would like to see them give Jimmer the same shot as Thomas, just to see what he could do... but it probably won't happen.