Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The devil?

Everything is the devil to you, Wrigheyes4MVP Well, I like school, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good!

And by the way, Mama. "Alligators" are ornery 'cause of their "Medula Oblongata"!

And I like Vicki, and she like me back! And she showed me her boobies and I like them too!
    I feel like you're too old to be quoting that movie. Sorry.

vCash
    Alderson says he could have spent the money but chose not to.

So for a lousy 6 million over 2 years, which is about $1.75 per season in normal money, he could have had a better hitter in the outfield than anyone he has now.

But he didn't want him. So if it wasn't because he didn't want to spend the money, it must have been because he didn't want to improve the outfield.

You tell me which is the bigger sin.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 01-31-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Sandy is on SNY right now with Kevin Burkhardt

vCash
    Sandy looked visibly concerned about Francisco as the closer, and hinted he will add 1-2 more pen arms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I feel like you're too old to be quoting that movie. Sorry.
    How old do you think I am?

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    http://web.sny.tv/media/video.jsp?co...pic_id=6479520

If anyone is interested in watching it..

vCash
    45-50

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupon View Post
    Most of these bullet points aren't just lies, they're outrageous lies that show the low regard the current Mets regime has for fans intelligence.

It was Sandy's idea not to spend a cent to fill any of the massive holes on the team? Fred has nothing to do with it? Really? I don't even think any of the willfully blind "rah-rah" types on this board would deny Sandy is lying.

The job of every Mets GM in the Wilpon era has ultimately been to take the blame for Wilpon moves and non-moves, while Fred and Jeff skulk in the shadows. Some here said the hiring of Alderson would represent a change in this team culture.

Nothing has changed.
    Yes.. Omar Minaya spending like a degenerate in Vegas for YEARS is explained perfectly by your statement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers-king View Post
    Yes.. Omar Minaya spending like a degenerate in Vegas for YEARS is explained perfectly by your statement.
    Yeah, you aren't going to find two more diametrically opposed directional philosophies than Sandys and Omars.

It might not be a popular one but this isn't the era of carrying bloated payrolls on a ship that was obviously sinking. (after 2009)

Sandy is more cerebral looking for longer term solutions where Omar was worried about the right now.

They both have their strengths and weaknesses but are in no way similar.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-31-2013 at 11:21 PM.

vCash
    I'd say 35-40. Who's right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post

So for a lousy 6 million over 2 years, which is about $1.75 per season in normal money, he could have had a better hitter in the outfield than anyone he has now.

But he didn't want him. So if it wasn't because he didn't want to spend the money, it must have been because he didn't want to improve the outfield.

Bingo!

He's either a liar, or inept.

vCash
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    45-50
    That's pretty accurate, I'm actually 46, and that movie came out 15 years ago.
    That would make me 31.

Which coincidently is Piazza numbers, and he was hitting the ball in the stratosphere that year. I was single, lived alone. Had money and went Shea to see my team.

It was a good year.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post

Who are you talking about? Scott Hairston?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast