Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post

Ill take this recent nick young over lou williams 100% of the time

Uh, yeah, no kidding you would!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Swaggy is a better off the ball player and a better fit next to holiday.

Leading me to think that et would be better suited as a positionless 6th man... He will have more freedom and add a punch to the 2nd unit.
    Dumb idea, turner is a starter period

vCash
    Lou Willams is better than Nick Young.
    Turner is marginally better than Nick young.
    And Nick Young is not a good player or a piece you Build around/with.

2012 allstar

vCash
    I love RickyPrior's "I've been right about Evan all along" trope. It cracks me up. Ricky was far lower on Evan than most, and Evan has disappointed most, and so to that extent he's been right - so congrats on that - but that's far from the amazing accuracy and foresight that you repeatedly claim. He's blown by most of your predictions ("He shouldn't even be in the league! Make me a sandwich!") by further than he's fallen short of other people's. Just last week you were talking about how his recent downswing wasn't just a downswing, but a result of the fact that teams have figured him out, so his ppg was going to plummet from there ("My 11ppg prediction for the season might even be too high") - and yet he's averaging like 19ppg since then. And those are just your first and then most recent predictions - there are a million more like it along the way, such as never developing 3 point range, or only lasting in the starting job for a matter of weeks, or not making it past a couple of seasons on the team, etc.

A simple analogy to the way I see it would be something like majority opinion being that a baseball team are going to be really good, maybe get 95 wins, and someone else comes along and says "no no no, they're going to be awful, and only get 55 wins and lose by an average of 1.5 runs per game - they're going to be truly putrid", then when the team disappoints and misses the playoffs at 85-77 with an even run tally saying "See! I told you! I said they weren't going to get 95! I was right on the whole time! I just know baseball!". I mean, the guy was right that they wouldn't be a 95 win team, but there's a long way between that and the kind of foresight/accuracy Ricky claims.

If you want to make it even more realistic you can add in the bits where our guy maintains his prediction the whole way through, even when they're well ahead of that pace, then gradually repositions the the 55-win claim as "I think they're going to be really bad" when they pass it, and "I think they're going to fall short of .500" when they keep getting wins, then "I think they'll miss the playoffs" when they pass 80 wins - and claim he was right all along on the basis of whatever revision of his prediction he's up to at that point. Add in a bunch more predictions (many meaningless or obvious) of varying accuracy, and a grand admission mid-way through that he was wrong about the team and that they are good, before going back on that again, and of course throw in constant grandstanding and abusing others who disagree with you, and that's about what I'd call Ricky style.

I understand you doing it (well, not the style, but the substance) - 95% of your posting history has been based on having low ET expectations, so you've kind of hung your hat on that hook and have to do what you can to claim as complete of a victory as you can - but I just think it's funny.

vCash
    Lou is def better than Young. But Young may be a better fit for the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    I love RickyPrior. I just think he's funny.

I only had time to read the beginning and the end.

Thank you. I love you, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Lou is def better than Young. But Young may be a better fit for the team.
    I'll buy that.

(See Hydro? Honesty! It's the best policy.)

vCash
    Young is a better fit offensively next to Holiday in the opening minutes of the 1st quarter shooting on the home rims while the opposition has yet to adjust to him....and maybe during some other stretches of the game as well. But to be frank, Young is benefitting from a lineup that has not only Holiday, but also ET (one of better passing wings in the NBA who looks to set up others) and Spence (arguably best passing true center in the game) and DC as coach (who is a SWaggy wet dream of a coach). Holiday is doing too much with the ball in his hands and needs to hone in on his off the ball game some. He also needs a little playmaking help. It also doesn't hurt to play with a bigger guard (Evan) who can out muscle the opponents' point in a lot of matchups better than Swaggy can. Don't get lost in the success of a short home game stretch against bad teams, folks. ET is more important in that starting lineup for our playoffs success than Swaggy by a mile.

I daresay once Bynum enters the lineup, the dynamics of the half court offense will actually change to the worse for Swaggy. He is not a stand in the corners catch and shoot guy. I think he loses his mojo in that role and it shows in his shooting percentages.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 02-02-2013 at 01:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    [QUOTE=RickyPrior;25280643]I only had time to read the beginning and the end.

Thank you. I love you, too.[/QUOTE

vCash
    I only had time to read the beginning and the end.

Thank you. I love you, too.
    lol stfu everyone and their mother knows you read every word in his post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    I love RickyPrior's "I've been right about Evan all along" trope. It cracks me up. Ricky was far lower on Evan than most, and Evan has disappointed most, and so to that extent he's been right - so congrats on that - but that's far from the amazing accuracy and foresight that you repeatedly claim. He's blown by most of your predictions ("He shouldn't even be in the league! Make me a sandwich!") by further than he's fallen short of other people's. Just last week you were talking about how his recent downswing wasn't just a downswing, but a result of the fact that teams have figured him out, so his ppg was going to plummet from there ("My 11ppg prediction for the season might even be too high") - and yet he's averaging like 19ppg since then. And those are just your first and then most recent predictions - there are a million more like it along the way, such as never developing 3 point range, or only lasting in the starting job for a matter of weeks, or not making it past a couple of seasons on the team, etc.

A simple analogy to the way I see it would be something like majority opinion being that a baseball team are going to be really good, maybe get 95 wins, and someone else comes along and says "no no no, they're going to be awful, and only get 55 wins and lose by an average of 1.5 runs per game - they're going to be truly putrid", then when the team disappoints and misses the playoffs at 85-77 with an even run tally saying "See! I told you! I said they weren't going to get 95! I was right on the whole time! I just know baseball!". I mean, the guy was right that they wouldn't be a 95 win team, but there's a long way between that and the kind of foresight/accuracy Ricky claims.

If you want to make it even more realistic you can add in the bits where our guy maintains his prediction the whole way through, even when they're well ahead of that pace, then gradually repositions the the 55-win claim as "I think they're going to be really bad" when they pass it, and "I think they're going to fall short of .500" when they keep getting wins, then "I think they'll miss the playoffs" when they pass 80 wins - and claim he was right all along on the basis of whatever revision of his prediction he's up to at that point. Add in a bunch more predictions (many meaningless or obvious) of varying accuracy, and a grand admission mid-way through that he was wrong about the team and that they are good, before going back on that again, and of course throw in constant grandstanding and abusing others who disagree with you, and that's about what I'd call Ricky style.

I understand you doing it (well, not the style, but the substance) - 95% of your posting history has been based on having low ET expectations, so you've kind of hung your hat on that hook and have to do what you can to claim as complete of a victory as you can - but I just think it's funny.

What was worse was the logic he applied to get to his over the top negative predictions:

He'll be asked to play defense so he won't be able to use a lot of energy on offense- like he was playing defense in football and couldn't possibly play on both ends of the court

ET's never averaged more than 8 points in a season- never considering that he would get many more minutes and had 12 or 13 points as a starter

Obviously, ET remains an overall disappointment but he's improved this season and is some consistency away from being a pretty good starter in this league. Either way...he's no where near the "barley a roster worthy player" he made him out to be.

Glad someone pointed out the craziness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    What was worse was the logic he applied to get to his over the top negative predictions:

He'll be asked to play defense so he won't be able to use a lot of energy on offense- like he was playing defense in football and couldn't possibly play on both ends of the court

You know less than nothing about basketball.

vCash
    so do you^

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 25 Yards: 429 TD: 4

vCash
    You know less than nothing about basketball.
    Typical lame response.

Since ET is on pace to smash his previous career highs in points, minutes, FGS made, FGs attempted, and just about every single statistic, I think you must have been thginking about yourself when you made that statement. Time and again, you acted like starting and playing more minutes would have nothing to do with his production and you were wrong. So you can take all the smug cheap shots you like, but we all still know you were wrong about ET. When it comes to ET, your opinion has become next to irrevlvant. Personally, when I see your ugly avatar in a thread or discussion about ET, my eyes glaze over as I almost certainly know how the post will read. At this point, you are a stubborn child who just doesn't want to admit what everyone knows...you were wrong.

vCash
    While I still believe that Wright should be starting most games and that ET should always start....
    I will say that Swaggy's play has been good enough the past month or two that I'd sign him to a 2-3 year deal if it averaged no more than 5 mil. He got roasted by Monta the other night. But I can't blame him totally for that...just a bad match up. His defense has been pretty respectable and he can give the team an offensive jolt. I don't see why he can't be an occasional starter and 1st perimeter guy off the bench. He's better when he gets to play more with the starters. He just can't start every game due to defensive reasons in part because ET clearly cannot defend the SF position full time.
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234