Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Young is playing well. Just fitting in.
    Wright stinks though. He lacks both mental and physical toughness. I'm happy Wilkins is getting his minutes. Hope we can dump his bum behind.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    He does lack physicality/toughness. However, I'd start him most games over Young simply because he can defend the SF....which makes ET better on both ends....and could also have the trickle down effect of getting Jrue an easier defensive matchup (that kid is going to wear out at this pace...too much on him). Wright is still our best 1 on 1 defender at the SF position against a lot of the league's better scorers. The way I see it, the problem with Wright's defense has been more the lack of defensive rotations/PnR defense....and sometimes not getting back on D. But that's some of the same things NYoung was suffering from before his DNP got him motivated. They are both playing better now.

There are holes in all of these players's games. Trust me when I state that I feel Wright should start most games....it is not necessarily a ringing endorsement, or my way of saying he's a better individual player than Swaggster.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash

The I like Nick Young thread

Im not gonna sit young in favor or an ET/wright lineup when nic young is playing significantly better basketball right now than both guys

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Our record the past few games would have likely been 2-1 even if Swaggy was our 6th man getting into the 1st quarter early. I think you are getting carried away.

Evan Turner has averaged about 19/6.2/5.4 shooting 50% from the floor over the past 5 games. To say that Swaggy's play has been as superior as you state just doesn't ring true. I can understand you getting excited by what Swaggy has done off the ball for us lately. It deserves a bit of excitement, considering how long we have lacked that element to our offensive attack (so do most teams, frankly). But he is not more important to how we currently win games either now or in the future than ET.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash

Its about fit for me... Turner is beginning to do a lot of things lou williams used to drive me crazy with... Overdribbling, ruhing shots, not looking for teammates. Plus pedestrian defense, albeit at the 3

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Your correct in those accusations...although clearly not to the insane extend Lou did. However ET does so many things well that he's played a big hand in keeping us a competitive team lately. I'm not saying some of what ET does doesn't frustrate me. And on a contender, maybe he is just one of the league's best 6th men. I'm saying do not make the mistake of overlooking the other things he brings to the table....things we'd be much worse off without. He plays a bigger and more important role on this team than Swaggy.

vCash

Swaggy is a better off the ball player and a better fit next to holiday.

Leading me to think that et would be better suited as a positionless 6th man... He will have more freedom and add a punch to the 2nd unit.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Its about fit for me... Turner is beginning to do a lot of things lou williams used to drive me crazy with... Overdribbling, ruhing shots, not looking for teammates. Plus pedestrian defense, albeit at the 3
    Agreed.

Except for the bold part.

He's not "beginning to" do these things. He's always done them; they are the EXACT things I've *****ed about for 3 years.

People are just now noticing them.

vCash

Considering this is his 1st year as the 2nd ballhandler on the team (he was 4th last year) i think u were quite premature with ur assessments and made them with very little evidence, simply just saying things that justify ur obsessive disdain for evan turnwr

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    OR.

I'm very good at assessing a player's strengths and weaknesses on very little evidence. As I have in this case.

I can tell alot about a player from the friggin' layup-line.

Maybe best to just sit back, shut up and absorb what I say...without dismissing it out of hand because you don't care for me.

Lest you look foolish several years later when it becomes apparent to the amatuer eye.

vCash

Or i can just make rational assessments based on what players are doing rather than hate a player and assume things.

Besides its not like ET is half as bad as u continue to say he is.

Back on topic, nick young is cool, i like him

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

Besides its not like ET is half as bad as u continue to say he is.
    He's every bit the player I claim he is.

Which you will slowly learn over the next 3 years.

Back on topic, nick young is cool, i like him
    Nick Young is fine. Nice kid, athletic. Can score in bunches, yet sometimes he can't. Not in Lou's league (not nearly as bright a player)...but I'm all for him starting. Whatever. Doesn't matter.

vCash

He wont be here in 3 years... That qualifying offer is crazy, wont get picked up and hell prob sign somewhere else

Ill take this recent nick young over lou williams 100% of the time

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    i think Nicks haricut has been god luck

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    is this a troll thread? nick young is trash.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast