Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The I like Nick Young thread

Sorry, but im startng to like the kid.

in a league where off the ball scoring 2s are rarer than a half decent center, nick young may be a nice piece for us.... maybe even 2 of the future.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I'm starting to like him too... Seems like he's in a pretty good role right now. He's not trying to do too much.

vCash
    A poor man's Lou Williams.

vCash
    ^^ ignore

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I still think he's more of a bench scorer. As much as I like him in the line up our bench is now terrible. Ideally I would like them to go get a wing or a 2 in the off-season and have Young off the bench. Mayo someone like that.

vCash
    hes been great since Dough benches him a few weeks back then he came in a lit up the 4th. seems really motivated right now, playing with a lot of effort and seems to be taking less circus shots and better bball shots

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy553 View Post
    I still think he's more of a bench scorer. As much as I like him in the line up our bench is now terrible. Ideally I would like them to go get a wing or a 2 in the off-season and have Young off the bench. Mayo someone like that.
    What if they got a defensive 3 who can hit the 3 ball and make ET a multi-positional bench scorer.

Or even when bynum comes back... Start lavoy (or hawes, whoever fot best) and bring thad back off the bench as well... ET thad and either hawes or lavoy wouldnt make a bad 3 guys to have off the bench.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    hes been great since Dough benches him a few weeks back then he came in a lit up the 4th. seems really motivated right now, playing with a lot of effort and seems to be taking less circus shots and better bball shots
    It was a great move by Doug to light a fire under him. It needed to be done and it's paid off great... But let's make sure no one ever talks about Doug making a good move like that. Quick, someone think of something else to criticize Doug for!

vCash
    Always knew about Nick Young. Him and Wright should start. Trade Turner for cash considerations and a second round pick.

vCash
    ^^ wrights too inconsistent, i may be incline to keep turner at the 3 over wright. Id want a bigget defensive upgrade at the 3 and thats not dorell wright.

But u cant trade turner for garbage when he could be a valuable addition/ weapon for the 2nd unit... Along with thad once bynum plays.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I'm still not a fan. If he could learn to stick mostly to threes, learn to put in some effort on D, and at least occasionally get the ball without throwing it up regardless of where on the court he is, then I could like him as a bench scorer and three point threat. The fact that he can get it up pretty quick off the catch could be handy on a Jrue/Bynum led team, but there's too much downside - ie all the long twos and chucking and ridiculous falling over shots. Def really hard to see him as a future starter on a good team.

I've warmed up to the personality thing a little, though.

I do like Wright and wish he'd play more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    ^^ wrights too inconsistent, i may be incline to keep turner at the 3 over wright. Id want a bigget defensive upgrade at the 3 and thats not dorell wright.

But u cant trade turner for garbage when he could be a valuable addition/ weapon for the 2nd unit... Along with thad once bynum plays.
    I am pretty sure Thad is staying at the 4 when Bynum comes back it would shock me if he was benched. He and Jrue have been our only consistent options this season. Lavoy has been maddeningly inconsistent don't know why you would want him starting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    A poor man's Lou Williams.
    Nick Young doesn't need the ball in his hands quite the same way Lou Williams did and also in a league where I think size matters Nick Young has legitimate 2 guard size where as Lou Williams barely passed as a PG sized player. Nick Young can't create for others the same way Lou Williams could but that doesn't matter because that's why we have ET and Jrue. Also neither of them are super efficient so I don't where Lou Williams is that much better then Nick in that way.

Look do we all know ET isn't the greatest player ever, Yes but he isn't really worth trading unless we got equal value back in an area we are looking for. He has some skills, maybe his efficiency isn't quite where we would want it to be but he's still worth having.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
    Always knew about Nick Young. Him and Wright should start. Trade Turner for cash considerations and a second round pick.
    lol u mean the same Wright who didnt play the previous two games and when has played lately its been 5 minutes. yea lets start him! ET is awful and can only get a 2nd round pick (which is nealry worthless) why havent we done it already, come on FO get it done.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

vCash
    1) Nick Young is more effective with the starters because he's definitely going to get better quality shots playing with Jrue, ET, and Spence all on the floor against 1st quarter defense on the home rims.

2) Swaggy cannot become just a long range shooter. It's just not in his blood. I understand your wish, BHolly. It makes logical sense. But some guys just need to fire it up to get going. He actually shot lower percentages with the Clipps in LA and was usually only effective when they were down big despite being relegated to more of a catch and shoot long range role on a team where he'd surely get plenty of good looks from range.

3) Sadly, Swaggy cannot be a full time starter on our team. His defense isn't bad, and can sometimes be a strength. He isn't being caught sleeping on rotations like he was earlier in the season.....which was really his biggest defensive weakness. He has a good combination of length and lateral agility for the wing. The problem is that he is more guard than SF. ET is also more guard than SF from a matchups perspective.

The Solution: Start Swaggy some games. Start Wright most games. Whoever doesn't start becomes a spot minute guy off the bench unless they catch fire. Bring Thad off the bench for the offensive spark we need (especially with Bynum combing back). Add someone for depth on the roster who can defend the bigger/stronger SF's other than D. Wilkins when the situation calls for it. Accept the fact that you are now stuck with JRich's contract (should have moved him when we might have had the chance earlier in the season for a warm 6 pack, a bottle of mop and glo, and a shorter NBA guaranteed contract. But the franchise, and many in this forum, did not see the forest through the trees on that issue and thought that both JRich and this team were better than they really were.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 01-31-2013 at 12:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast