Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P.I. View Post
    Dude really? For the players that he has I think he actually doing a good job. Thats the problem, when the coach does not have a say into what players he wants to say and go, then the GM should coach the team. You cant keep beating a dead horse here. We went from Sam Mitchell to Triano to Casey, who I think are great coaches... you got to help them out and get the players that they need not what the upper management things he needs.
    I'll give you the fact that the Raps have no talent but his rotations are bizarre, rides his players too much or doesn't give them enough time. his play calling is ridiculous at times.

he hasn't truly shown he is a good coach. i'm sorry but Thibs is a good coach. Casey is a guy who is still making his mark in the NBA as a coach. lets not get confused on what a good coach looks like here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    I'll give you the fact that the Raps have no talent but his rotations are bizarre, rides his players too much or doesn't give them enough time. his play calling is ridiculous at times.

he hasn't truly shown he is a good coach. i'm sorry but Thibs is a good coach. Casey is a guy who is still making his mark in the NBA as a coach. lets not get confused on what a good coach looks like here.
    Not to mention a player losing his starting job to injury. Huge no-no in the coaching world.

vCash

well the team has been remarkably competitive despite it's record, and you just admitted that the Raptors have no talent. so perhaps it doesn't matter what you think of his rotations and should focus on results instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    if the Raptors are true to their word and make Bargnani work for his mins off the bench, it's possible it could work. if they don't this will be a horrific mistake.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    Not to mention a player losing his starting job to injury. Huge no-no in the coaching world.
    based on the assumption that the rest of the players back the player who lost his job - absolutely. not sure that would have been true in this case, at all.

vCash
    really dont see why everyones exited about haddadi hes just a arab aaron gray

vCash

Casey is a GOOD coach. He's not the best in the NBA, or top 5, but he's a good coach. He makes a mistake here or there, but so did Phil Jackson. He gets the absolute most out of every player. He's very good with match-ups. He's very good with calling time-outs. He's proven he can be a very good defensive coach.

Do I think his substitutions could be a bit better? Ya. At the same time he probably knows his players fatigue a lot better than any of us.

How do you know his plays are the problem? It could be that his plays are great, except his players can't execute them. Which would make sense as to why our team comes so close so much. In crunch time is when players need to EXECUTE what is called.

vCash
    he didn't lose his job because he was injured, he lost his job because the other guy was making the team better.

vCash
    So Bargnani should have been starting right away even if we still had Ed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    well the team has been remarkably competitive despite it's record, and you just admitted that the Raptors have no talent. so perhaps it doesn't matter what you think of his rotations and should focus on results instead?
    the result is that we're under .500

Casey might be a good coach one day and maybe he will talent coming out of his butthole as well on the team, but unless proven otherwise, the record at the end of the season still matters. we have BETTER talent this year but we are only 1 game better than last year.

vCash

Im really pissed off with Colangelo picks than Caseys play calling. Im almost certain Colangelo has 80% of the say in the draft. Does he not know that this is now a point guard type of league. Pretty sure he ignores his scouts. Demar draft.. we needed a PG instead of Jrue Holiday we got a SG.. why?

Colangelo from years past, don't like Mitchell because he defensive minded, Gets Triano but don't like fast pace game, then Gets Casey for defence again?

Look Colangelo has no plan from the start I think his ego is beyond him, trying to change the game, getting european talent team.... has not work, now he is trying to fix his mistakes in such a short amount of time.

vCash
    the result is that we're under .500

Casey might be a good coach one day and maybe he will talent coming out of his butthole as well on the team, but unless proven otherwise, the record at the end of the season still matters. we have BETTER talent this year but we are only 1 game better than last year.
    we've seen pretty solid basketball from a bad team. that's good coaching.

vCash
    The team played exceptionally well early in the season against GOOD teams prior to Lowry's injury. He deserved to have his job back. We have a nice stretch against poor teams with Calderon in and then start stinking against better teams and Jose keeps the job? Yeah, I don't think that's the right move. Perhaps don't give it back to Lowry immediately under the guise of "easing him back in" but he did nothing to lose the job. Bargnani, on the other hand, has been playing like doodoo and Davis outplayed him by miles.

I'm not convinced either way if Jose or Lowry would be better for the success of the team. Obviously we're riding with Lowry now. That said, he did nothing to lose the job earlier in the year, whereas there were rumblings that Bargnani should lose his job to Ed PRIOR to the injury.
    Last edited by Dol-Fan; 01-30-2013 at 10:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magikmc View Post
    Casey is a GOOD coach. He's not the best in the NBA, or top 5, but he's a good coach. He makes a mistake here or there, but so did Phil Jackson. He gets the absolute most out of every player. He's very good with match-ups. He's very good with calling time-outs. He's proven he can be a very good defensive coach.

Do I think his substitutions could be a bit better? Ya. At the same time he probably knows his players fatigue a lot better than any of us.

How do you know his plays are the problem? It could be that his plays are great, except his players can't execute them. Which would make sense as to why our team comes so close so much. In crunch time is when players need to EXECUTE what is called.
    every coach can get some of those props you just gave Casey. Until he actually has this team over .500 and into the playoffs, there is no point in arguing if he is a good coach or not, realistically speaking. right now, his team is out of the playoffs and only 1 game better than last year - with more talent some might say (whether through player acquisition or growth)

I think thats why BC had to make a move. This team didn't go anywhere even with the better talent this year. you can blame it on Lowry or what not, Casey should have been on top of that from the get go, including Bargnani.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    we've seen pretty solid basketball from a bad team. that's good coaching.
    results matter. still under .500 with Calderon as the starting PG. *shrugs* they were back on track from the record of wins from last year.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast