Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We should sign Ben uzoh to be a third string pg. he's decent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    We should sign Ben uzoh to be a third string pg. he's decent
    I would rather have somebody who might have some upside.

vCash
    No point now, AA and Lucas can handle the backup PG role.
    Off season though drafting or signing one of those wily vets would help.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    No point now, AA and Lucas can handle the backup PG role.
    Off season though drafting or signing one of those wily vets would help.
    AA is not a PG. Lucas is more so a scoring guard. I am not suggesting Ridnour or anything. I am suggesting we bring in the next generation just in case Lowry leaves or doesn't work out.

vCash
    Ya that's what I felt like you were getting at, which is why I think in a bargs trade we look for a draft pick or trade for a young PG like Isiah Thomas mould.

Now you mention it a Ridnour, Hinrich, Watson type of PG isn't bad idea either in FA.

Also, AA is capable of playing point, I know people will automatically assume he'll be a chucker, but his mindset might change if he's given that role. He can defend, can penetrate, his decision making should get better though.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Great article on Grantland.com analyzing the trade and how it impacts the Raptors:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...rudy-gay-trade

Both are wings that look very good in pure athletic terms but produce inefficiently. They both shoot in the mid- to low-40 percent range, with a ton of mid-range jumpers. They both struggle from long range, though Gay is better. Neither has made a leap as a passer out of the pick-and-roll, though both show occasional flashes. Gay is an average defender, while DeRozan is probably a minus.

Gay, of course, is a small forward, while DeRozan is a shooting guard who's played the three spot now and then. But it’s tough sledding offensively with two wings who can’t shoot from distance — ask Memphis — and Toronto will now start two wings who can’t shoot from distance. Having Terrence Ross around to break up that duo in stretches will help — Ross’s presence as the long-term jewel could make DeRozan expendable at some point. Gay might also play some power forward, as Casey has been going to small lineups for stretches lately.
    Toronto wouldn’t have had cap room this summer, but they could've had max-level room in the summer of 2014. That’s gone now, even if they dump Bargnani and somehow find a taker for the badly overpaid Landry Fields. Toronto has essentially spent that cap room on Gay, though Gay gave Toronto no assurances he’ll exercise his $19.3 million player option for 2014-15, multiple sources said. The Raptors are confident they’ll be able to re-sign him then, and if they can’t, it will be because he has floundered in Toronto.

Toronto is betting he won’t. Gasol and Randolph clogged the lane in Memphis, and though Valanciunas and Johnson will take up some space there, they're faster and more agile than the Memphis guys, and they demand fewer post touches. Both are very aggressive and speedy in diving to the hoop on pick-and-rolls, and that speed might open up the floor a bit for for Gay’s driving and passing. Gay might also get a confidence boost from being the undisputed No. 1 guy, and the Raptors could reshape their roster in ways that maximize Gay’s production in future trades involving Bargnani and others.

But there are a lot of “mights” there, and a lot of guys on this roster getting paid more than they should be. A six-man Lowry-Ross-Gay-Valanciunas-Johnson-DeRozan core is enticing. It’s not a championship team, but it could easily be a mid-tier playoff team next season in the Eastern Conference. It could be something more with better-than-expected development and a knockout trade in the next 12 months or so.

vCash
    would you guys prefer harden over gay lets just say they had the same contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    wow are you kidding me hell ya
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I'm going to give Rudy some time to acclimate, I was very impressed with a few of his defensive stops on el-BJ

vCash
    I like Rudy Gay but for you guys who would of rather traded for picks and cap relief how about this trade.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b5btd8u

Gay for Anderson plus one of either there own pick of Sac's pick.

Seems pretty fair to me. I think Cleveland would have a bright future with cap space and Kyrie, Gay, Zeller, TT and Waiters plus still a butt load of picks.

Like I said I like Gay but if BC needed an escape plan. I just think Gay holds more value than an expiring JC and Davis.
    Last edited by LanceUpperCut; 02-06-2013 at 06:58 AM.

vCash
    I have no doubt Gay will have better numbers in Toronto then he had in Memphis but I don't know if he will be on James harden level. But they are different players imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I like Rudy Gay but for you guys who would of rather traded for picks and cap relief how about this trade.

Straight up Gay for Anderson plus one of either there own pick of Sac's pick.

Seems pretty fair to me. I think Cleveland would have a bright future with cap space and Kyrie, Gay, Zeller, TT and Waiters plus still a butt load of picks.

Like I said I like Gay but if BC needed an escape plan. I just think Gay holds more value than an expiring JC and Davis.
    kinda confused with the way you worded this. Trade gay for varegao ??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post

Straight up Gay for Anderson plus one of either there own pick of Sac's pick.

**** no!

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Grizzlies are clearly hurting without Rudy

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    they'll be fine when the playoffs start

Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast