Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Some perspective....for those who think this is one of BC's worst moves (ink)

We got more for Calderon + Davis than we did for Carter + McGrady + Bosh combined.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post

We got more for Calderon + Davis than we did for Carter + McGrady + Bosh combined.
    You really come up with some doozies. lol. Bosh left as a free agent and Carter was traded by Babcock. Where you getting this stuff man?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    wow. ink getting the last word in a closed thread. take that!
    Didn't realize it was closed until after posting. People can easily copy and paste a comment from that thread if they want to respond.

vCash
    what kind of magic did you use to post when it was closed. that's impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    So the Raptors are paying $40 m/year for Derozan, Gay, Kleiza and Fields?

If that's not the most overrated, overpaid group of 2's and 3's, I don't know what is
    Also the 2.6mill for ross, the sg/sf has to account for close to 2/3 of our salary for next season. i can't help but think bargs + one of (dero/Ross/Fields) is going to happen. Might be a tough one to make, hope they dont move ross.

ps. i am excited, I have always liked rudy.
    "When I was little, my father was famous
    He was the greatest samurai in the empire"

vCash

IMO, Colangelo has nothing to lose with this move.
    1) If he doesn't make this move, the team doesn't make the playoffs and he probably loses his job.
    2) He makes this move, if they make the playoffs, he's probably keeping his job.
    3) He makes this move, the Raptors suck and still miss the playoffs, he probably gets fired and this team becomes somebody else's mess to deal with.

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Right now I just wish Jose could somehow come back to us next season, but I don't think he will after being ditched like this. At the same time I'm excited to see what Gay can do for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    You really come up with some doozies. lol. Bosh left as a free agent and Carter was traded by Babcock. Where you getting this stuff man?
    lol just saying. When you look at our history, we should feel grateful for a trade like this to go down.

and the way most people are looking at it is, Davis is gonna blow up and Rudy Gay is inefficient. What if Davis' stats are inflated because of Jose? what if Rudy Gay flourishes and averages 20+ ppg as our franchise player? It's a risk, but one worth taking. You gotta take the plunge sometimes, you play it safe and you don't really get anywhere. Go big or go home.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Most athletic Raptor now?

Gay?
    DeRozan?
    Ross?
    Acy?

Raptor's should host an internal dunk contest with this group and donate the proceeds to a Toronto charity.

vCash
    Where is b2B?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Eagles don't get me started on Derozan/Bargnani. i'd have a hard time putting either in the top 100. Gay and Lowry are both around 50 for me. We need a top notch player.... still... to really turn this ship around.
    That's really the point.

We just used our two most useful assets to get someone who is not a true impact player. Given that there were no real impact players available, you just don't force a trade, you take the patient route and properly rebuild the team.

There's nothing really wrong with Gay except that he's miscast as a game changer. He's not quite good enough for that role, yet he's too good to just be a role player. Which means he will demand the ball a lot more than he really deserves, and the Raptors' improvement will be to cement themselves a spot in the 7-9 spot.

IIRC B2B's reasoning on why this was a good move for the Raptors was the ability the Raps would have to trade Gay and get more value for him. I'm hoping this goes well for us but I'm also looking forward to getting the most value for Gay that we can. I am hoping that the huge contract isn't the albatross for us that it was for the Grizzlies. The good thing is that it is expiring soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Most athletic Raptor now?

Gay?
    DeRozan?
    Ross?
    Acy?
    4 great athletes, slowly becoming a very exciting team to watch. I had been hoping by some random chance tony wroten would some how end up here too. that would be another great athlete to add, but it was all a dream.
    "When I was little, my father was famous
    He was the greatest samurai in the empire"

vCash
    lol just saying. When you look at our history, we should feel grateful for a trade like this to go down.
    haha, so we should be thankful that the deal is not an all time NBA low ...

and the way most people are looking at it is, Davis is gonna blow up and Rudy Gay is inefficient. What if Davis' stats are inflated because of Jose? what if Rudy Gay flourishes and averages 20+ ppg as our franchise player? It's a risk, but one worth taking. You gotta take the plunge sometimes, you play it safe and you don't really get anywhere. Go big or go home.
    I hadn't actually been concerned with Davis blowing up or Gay being inefficient. I'm more concerned that Davis being gone means Bargnani will start and that Gay is a level below elite when what we needed was elite. If that player isn't there I'd rather not take the half measures and waste assets on one who has proven not to be the difference maker with Memphis.
    Last edited by ink; 01-30-2013 at 08:40 PM.

vCash
    I don't like this. Gay doesn't turn this team to a contender. We gave up a guy who has potential as well. No one knows Davis' ceiling because this is the first time he's gotten minutes. Gay's an upgrade at SF, but at huge cost. Not to mention losing the consistent PG who's been able to get more out of our guys offensively as the oft injured, and unpopular lowry. Granted, Jose's contract is up this season, but I think the likelihood of retaining him next year was better than lowry at the end of next.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but BC's trades and FA acquisitions have left me doubtful of his ability to judge those coming into this organization over the age of 22. I have a feeling we'll be paying for this move the rest of the season, and beyond.

I'm also really surprised that memphis made this trade. They're making a ton of moves for with home court advantage in the west. I realize they want to shed salary, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Last edited by Sly Guy; 01-30-2013 at 08:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    I certainly wouldn't pay $40 million a year for that.
    you dont have too. your not getting rogered

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast