Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 744
  1. #496
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    15,946
    vCash
    1500
    Interesting thing I heard from BC when he was on the FAN590 yesterday.

    He compared Gay to Joe Johnson, saying Joe wasn't being used to his full potential in Phoenix, playing behind Nash, Stoudemire, and Marion.

    When he moved to Atlanta, he broke out. I'd like to see that with Gay here.

    And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen



  2. #497
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,531
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Interesting thing I heard from BC when he was on the FAN590 yesterday.

    He compared Gay to Joe Johnson, saying Joe wasn't being used to his full potential in Phoenix, playing behind Nash, Stoudemire, and Marion.

    When he moved to Atlanta, he broke out. I'd like to see that with Gay here.
    it could happen. we don't have a 1st option player. he could be that 1st option player if he could step up. just like james harden this season

  3. #498
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,531
    vCash
    1500
    also Rudy Gay will bring those reputation calls to this team. im hoping this move means a lot of calls goes towards our favour, and that a lot of those close calls near the end of the game will also be called in our favour

    because part of the reason why we don't get those calls is simply because of reputation

  4. #499
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,305
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    it could happen. we don't have a 1st option player. he could be that 1st option player if he could step up. just like james harden this season
    I made a point about this months before the trade and I got a lengthy stat 101 lesson from the resident stats guy.

  5. #500
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,305
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    also Rudy Gay will bring those reputation calls to this team. im hoping this move means a lot of calls goes towards our favour, and that a lot of those close calls near the end of the game will also be called in our favour

    because part of the reason why we don't get those calls is simply because of reputation
    Double post.

  6. #501
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,305
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    also Rudy Gay will bring those reputation calls to this team. im hoping this move means a lot of calls goes towards our favour, and that a lot of those close calls near the end of the game will also be called in our favour

    because part of the reason why we don't get those calls is simply because of reputation
    +1

  7. #502
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    9,969
    vCash
    1500
    i hope he proves me wrong but i just don't see whats so great about the guy.
    Last edited by bucketss; 02-01-2013 at 05:20 PM.

  8. #503
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,265
    vCash
    1500
    He is an overpaid chucker, but it's pretty funny that in the conference he acted as if he was happy to leave the Grizz


    TANKRONTO TANKTORS

  9. #504
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Pharcyde of the Moon
    Posts
    10,676
    vCash
    4500
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    i hope he proves me wrong but i just don't see whats so great about the guy.
    He's clutch?
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

  10. #505
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    11,892
    vCash
    1500
    Add Rudy gay to the bosh era...could have been something good

  11. #506
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,699
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    I made a point about this months before the trade and I got a lengthy stat 101 lesson from the resident stats guy.
    I provided a rebuttal because I didn't think Gay's situation is remotely similar to Harden. If you have a valid rebuttal not based on subjective opinions and hearsay then back up your case instead of passive aggressively calling me out all the time. However, you seem to only want opinions that validate your own. How boring. I'm sorry I ever replied to you at all.

  12. #507
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,699
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    also Rudy Gay will bring those reputation calls to this team. im hoping this move means a lot of calls goes towards our favour, and that a lot of those close calls near the end of the game will also be called in our favour

    because part of the reason why we don't get those calls is simply because of reputation
    He draws less fouls than Demar. What reputation calls?

  13. #508
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,305
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    I provided a rebuttal because I didn't think Gay's situation is remotely similar to Harden. If you have a valid rebuttal not based on subjective opinions and hearsay then back up your case instead of passive aggressively calling me out all the time. However, you seem to only want opinions that validate your own. How boring. I'm sorry I ever replied to you at all.
    I apologize that you are that sensitive. I don't obsessed my self with stats when I make an argument. It's already water under the bridge, I didn't intentionally woke you up from your slumber with my recent comment.

  14. #509
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,566
    vCash
    1500
    Aaron Gray is our Marc Gasol lol.

  15. #510
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,699
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    I apologize that you are that sensitive. I don't obsessed my self with stats when I make an argument. It's already water under the bridge, I didn't intentionally woke you up from your slumber with my recent comment.
    I'm not being sensitive, I just think that if you have a problem with someone you might as well just be upfront about it or ignore them instead of being a little ***** and passive aggressively attacking them whenever possible.

    It's not just me, you do it with everyone you don't agree with. You said you were done with this argument months ago, but here I am again, receiving the same platitudes you so kindly bestowed from a month old discussion.

    As well, you clearly don't get it. It's not about being obsessed with stats, it's about having some sort of objective basis for your argument or else this whole discussion is just pointless. A great example of this is the whole Rudy Gay trade. People have all these subjective expectations of Gay's game but for anyone that has remotely watched Memphis through anything other than the highlights, they know that these expectations are not only unfounded but unrealistic.
    Last edited by Freakazoid; 02-01-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •