Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magikmc View Post
    I wouldn't have moved him, I'm just saying from a personnel view it would have made sense. Not creating a hole with your bigs and moving a wing player.

I wouldn't have made the deal at all so I wouldn't have been trading Ross or Davis
    This makes more sense overall. We dealt from our 2 strongest positions and consolidated talent into our position of the most weakness. IMO we have a more balanced attack.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Legitimate View Post
    I just bought the sports package, so I can watch every game with Gay in it. Chill bro, this team is pretty good short term, I doubt this Rudy Gay is a bum. Lowry has a per of like 20 something, just doesn't have chemistry with this team, he didn't get too much time to develop it while calderon had like 6 years, and on top of that Lowry has been playing with all the bench warmers this entire time, I highly doubt that Lowry is this bad, his past years in the game he's been pretty solid, let's give him a good oppurtunity to show what he's about
    I like a lot of things about this team man. That's why I'm hurting from this trade. I feel like we may waste the potential we created through a classic BC trade.

Val, Ross, Demar, Ed, Acy.. What's not to like there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    he was always good though. just a mental nutcase. Gay was never as good as Randolph
    Why is he not a nutcase in Memphis when he was considered that the year prior to being moved?.

vCash
    Lowry, is very talented, more than Calderon, it's just for the fact tht Calderon had good chemistry with this entire team. We give Bargnani like 10 years to develop and we can't give Lowry one year to see how well he can produce. This team has no confidence, at least we got a big name out there with Gay, who can put this team in a competitive nature. I'll take a proven winner over anyone who avg's 20 ppg and never makes the playoffs!

Sorry for my bad engrish, but i'm a journeyman carpenter. sorry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSoFreshSoClea View Post
    Calderon curse has moved onto Detroit watch whats going to happen to poor knight lol and Bynum
    Knight doesn't even like playing PG. He's a SG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    These words contradict your tank/high pick argument.
    I'll try to clarify. The chances of injuries occurring are good. That means that we would most definitely suck if it happened to the PG or a big. That's how we become worse. This is obviously not the perspective management is taking, because it just wouldn't make sense. Also, we traded away a young prospect in the process. So, again, the trade doesn't make sense but that's how it could play out to our benefit in the long-run. It would be luck.

If we stay healthy and it doesn't work out with Gay from a basketball perspective; you get the mediocre pick because we won't be terrible but we won't be good either.
    Last edited by magikmc; 01-31-2013 at 01:24 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Why is he not a nutcase in Memphis when he was considered that the year prior to being moved?.
    he matured? Randolph was criticized because of his off-court issues like Cousins...not on-court. Gay has no off-court issues that I know of. People are just concerned about how he'll contribute/fit into this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    This makes more sense overall. We dealt from our 2 strongest positions and consolidated talent into our position of the most weakness. IMO we have a more balanced attack.
    I'll have to disagree that we have a more balanced attack. Less depth, more redundant.

vCash
    he matured? Randolph was criticized because of his off-court issues like Cousins...not on-court. Gay has no off-court issues that I know of. People are just concerned about how he'll contribute/fit into this team.
    Exactly.

vCash
    I'll have to disagree that we have a more balanced attack. Less depth, more redundant.
    You think Fields/Anderson > Rudy Gay?

& BC isn't done making deals yet, so we can't be sure about depth. IMO we still have good depth at every position except PG. But Lucas is arguably a capable PG like we saw him in Chicago.
    Last edited by gwrighter; 01-31-2013 at 01:31 AM.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    You think Fields/Anderson > Rudy Gay?

& BC isn't done making deals yet, so we can't be sure about depth. IMO we still have good depth at every position except PG. But Lucas is arguably a capable PG like we saw with him in Chicago.
    no but having Gay and DD in the same lineup can be considered redundant. Like Monta and Jennings

vCash
    I like a lot of things about this team man. That's why I'm hurting from this trade. I feel like we may waste the potential we created through a classic BC trade.

Val, Ross, Demar, Ed, Acy.. What's not to like there?
    A lot of good iso players for this team = many open jump shots. Gay will be double teamed every every game.

vCash
    Maybe y'all can get Love for Bargs and Derozan

vCash
    no but having Gay and DD in the same lineup can be considered redundant. Like Monta and Jennings
    Ok, then just move Derozan to the bench when Ross is ready and let him feast on second units.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Personally, I don't think that's the same thing as Ellis/Jennings, but I think it is kind of redundant.

Gay/DD both play the similar styles (although I haven't seen gay play much).
    I think Gay > DD on aspects of the game: Better range, better defense, taller, etc.
    He needs to be the leader of the team. He'll have to be the number 1 option to be effective.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast