Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magikmc View Post
    I wonder if people realize that next season will be his 8th year in the league. I don't see a break out happening all of a sudden.
    yea I don't either...but as a Raptors fan you have to at least hope lol.

vCash
    Jose Calderon will make Drummond look like a God.

vCash
    I'm not trying to be a dick, but you're speaking as if you know what is going to happen. My first four points, as of right now, are facts. While, you are SUGGESTING that other moves are going to be made. What moves are we going to make is my question? How can depth at the big position be EASILY addressed. Amir is our only sure thing at that position right now. And he is hugely foul prone. I'm not sure how you can make the statement that Val and Ed were not going to work together with so much confidence. We have seen nothing of Val yet. We have seen continuous improvement in Ed. They are two young promising players. There is no reason to say "it couldn't work" on such a small sample size with two players that have loads of potential. I'm not so sure about the offensive rebounding. For his career he has averaged 2.3/game which would be good for 12th in the league. That's while playing 24 mins per game. Regardless I'm not going to get in an argument about the potential here. Based on the basketball, we have a terrible 3-point shooting team and a team that won't be very good in the paint. We don't get better defensively by removing davis and adding Gay either.

So what if this doesn't work with Gay? Then he's an expiring after two years, not a short period of time and Val and Ross MAY be coming into their own. We are going to be right back where we are now, or possibly worse. Then it will be back to; do we rebuild, continue with mediocrity, etc. etc. Even if Gay turns out to be great, I don't see how the supporting cast is good enough. Then that leaves us with no way to acquire high drafts picks because we are in the middle of the pack. This move does nothing to envelope a plan towards the future nor make us competitive now.

This is the entire problem. We need to develop a team where players DO want to come here. You know why we don't develop that? Because we don't have a winning culture. The notion that players don't want to play here because of it being in Canada or whatever else is ridiculous. Don't you think everyone wants to play in OKC now? Of course, because they have a winning team. Athletes like to win.

Why are you so sure that Gay is about to explode? That's what Memphis was feeling season after season, and it never happened. He's in his prime right at this moment and having the worst season of his career. He's not going to learn how to play defense all of a sudden. He won't get better at 3's. Where is he going to improve?

Lowry has shown nothing to make me confident in his future as a POINT GUARD. We are something like 2-20 with him starting, and he hasn't shown an ability to be a playmaker. I don't even think we have a passer on the roster now. Anderson might be the best and he's not guaranteed to be around. Additionally, Lowry has not shown he's able to stay healthy. We just put all our eggs in one basket that isn't padded.

People are posting as if there are some major moves to come. There may be some MINOR moves to be had, but we simply don't have enough to get an upgrade IMO with our current cap situation. If these moves don't happen, I genuinely think we could be worse than we are now. Which, would be a saving grace in my opinion. BC will be gone and we can be done with these make-shift trades.

Now, after my rant of negativity, I will still be a Raptor fan and hope I'm COMPLETELY off. I REALLY hope I'm wrong. I want this Raptor team to succeed SO bad.
    I just bought the sports package, so I can watch every game with Gay in it. Chill bro, this team is pretty good short term, I doubt this Rudy Gay is a bum. Lowry has a per of like 20 something, just doesn't have chemistry with this team, he didn't get too much time to develop it while calderon had like 6 years, and on top of that Lowry has been playing with all the bench warmers this entire time, I highly doubt that Lowry is this bad, his past years in the game he's been pretty solid, let's give him a good oppurtunity to show what he's about

vCash
    I wonder if people realize that next season will be his 8th year in the league. I don't see a break out happening all of a sudden.
    People said the same thing about Randolph until he found a home in Memphis.

A lot more contribute to a players success, than the number of years played.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    You get a lottery pick & his contract is off the books in a year.
    Two years. And the lottery pick will likely not be high enough to be a franchise changer. Again, we are in the same spot we are in now. Why make the move if that's the case?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Jose Calderon will make Drummond look like a God.
    Detroit IMO was a quite winner in this trade. They shed salary & got their play maker to experiment moving Knight to SG.

vCash
    Reason, the team kept Ross over Ed?.
    From a team perspective it would have made more sense to me if they moved Ross, as much as I like him. If the object is competing then I could see the move making SOME sense.

vCash

he was always good though. just a mental nutcase. Gay was never as good as Randolph

vCash
    Detroit IMO was a quite winner in this trade. They shed salary & got their play maker to experiment moving Knight to SG.
    Calderon curse has moved onto Detroit watch whats going to happen to poor knight lol and Bynum

vCash

Ya but Randolph was still beasting before he was in Memphis. He just was a headcase. I put that on maturity more than development.

vCash
    From a team perspective it would have made more sense to me if they moved Ross, as much as I like him. If the object is competing then I could see the move making SOME sense.
    No way you move Ross. Kid has way too much potential.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSoFreshSoClea View Post
    Calderon curse has moved onto Detroit watch whats going to happen to poor knight lol and Bynum
    Calderon is bolting at the end of the season. I would be shocked if he didn't have good offers from contending teams.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    No way you move Ross. Kid has way too much potential.
    I wouldn't have moved him, I'm just saying from a personnel view it would have made sense. Not creating a hole with your bigs and moving a wing player.

I wouldn't have made the deal at all so I wouldn't have been trading Ross or Davis

vCash
    Two years. And the lottery pick will likely not be high enough to be a franchise changer. Again, we are in the same spot we are in now. Why make the move if that's the case?
    I genuinely think we could be worse than we are now.
    These words contradict your tank/high pick argument.

vCash
    it's gonna look great when they sign another ben gordon and charlie v

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast