Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    So the Raps get Gay. Many fans will be happy about this. I have nothing else to say about this subject.

vCash
    I want to hear B2B's take on this.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    I didn't read the whole thread but have the remaining Raptors fans convince themselves into liking this trade yet?

vCash
    Raps fans can hate on this trade all they want. I do believe it will work out when it is all said and done.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

Come Check Out the Raptors Forum!
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    Gay and Lowry together again will be great for us. I think it could be mean big things for our future.
    BC said he had several more moves to make.

Lowry/Gay/Ross/Val = core.

You have 2 players Lowry & Gay arguably top 10 at their positions PG/SF,

Jonas is expected to be top ten at centre

Ross has the tools/game to be an effective SG & fit between Lowry & Gay

Both Ross & Jonas rookie scale help offset Gays incoming salary

IMO both Bargnani & DeRozan are being shopped with Lowry's impending extension in mind.

Don't care what ESPN says, people post those articles like these ****ers does never be wrong. They also have no insight on impending or future moves when making these comments.

vCash
    Lowry is Gay ----------->s best nba buddy and hopefully they can play well together.

We should now try to get Gasol for Andrea and Landry plus 2015and 2016 second rounders

vCash
    This trade will either go really well or really bad. I think BC felt good to trade Ed knowing Amir has been playing great too this year. I think Gay could fit well, but its gonna be on Lowry to bring everyone together. Hopefully we can get rid of all the bad contracts (bargs, fields, klezia) and move forward.

Also, losing Ed is bad for us, but we have to remember we would have to give him a contract like Demar's next season probably where as Gay may hurt us salery wise now, he can be a great player and may even resign for cheaper if he likes it here.

vCash
    i like this deal for raptors as well. hoping for the best. Ed & definitely jose should receive a standing ovation on their return to TO

vCash
    Raps fans can hate on this trade all they want. I do believe it will work out when it is all said and done.
    Depends what a persons perception of 'working out' is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post

IMO both Bargnani & DeRozan are being shopped with Lowry's impending extension in mind.

Don't care what ESPN says, people post those articles like these ****ers does never be wrong. They also have no insight on impending or future moves.
    Seems like we are on the same page. Glad to hear another Raptor fan has a similar thougt process. I could not agree more than Bargs and possibly DeRozan could be shopped though I am less convinced about DeRozan since I believe the jury is still out on him and what he may become. We will likely see him here in Toronto for at least the rest of this season and next year the Raps may need to revaluate things after everything has played out.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

Come Check Out the Raptors Forum!
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I didn't read the whole thread but have the remaining Raptors fans convince themselves into liking this trade yet?
    I didn't like it when I first heard the rumour because I like the way Ed has developed this season and I didn't want to be stuck with Bargnani after Ed has played so well, but when I thought about it this morning, I realized PF's are a dime a dozen and we have had a hole at the SF position for some time now and Rudy fills that hole.

Colangelo did the right thing by selling high on both Ed & Jose (who's contract was running out) without giving up anything else for a borderline All-Star.

After listening to BC's comments on Andrea, I like this trade even more, now that I know its only a matter of time before he is gone.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Yup

Don't care what ESPN says, people post those articles like these ****ers does never be wrong. They also have no insight on impending or future moves when making these comments.
    Bingo..

I disagree though on Derozan. He's part of the core whether people like to believe it or not. We wouldn't have extended him before his contract was up if that wasn't the case, especially with his improvements this year.

Rondo-Allen-Pierce found a way to make it work
    Westbrook-Harden-Durant did
    Wade-Bron made it work
    Granger-George made it work
    Linn and Harden are making it work

Derozan and Gay can work, it just depends on their chemistry, knowing their roles, the coach being a good leader and most importantly Derozan has an uncanty work ethic so he'll do what he has to do to fit right in.

Ross can be our Tony Allen type for the time being

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash

We don't have a high draft pick coming.

We don't have Salary cap next season.

We don't have depth with our bigs.

We don't have a backup to an injury prone PG.

I don't think Bargnani goes anywhere. We are not going to get any offers that we need or will improve us.

Fields contract isn't going anywhere. Ross is apparently untouchable. I doubt demar is traded after an extension. There hasn't been a sniff of a rumor about trading him either. That leaves Anderson and Kleiza to be traded. What are they going to net us? Not much for the improvements we need.

I don't see how this helps us at all. Ed Davis is 23, cheap, and loved the city. His extension would not have been bad for market value.

I hate to be so negative but this has doom written all over it. Can someone please tell me how, basketball wise, this trade makes the Raptors better? Let alone the financial implications.

vCash
    Here are my thoughts in a nutshell.

SUPER HAPPY!

Ed Davis - solid game, loved his belief in himself, but he isn't that young and is a good trade commodity. Back up at best.
    Jose Calderon - Great guy, teammate and backup. Didnt fit in to what we wanted to do and frankly is a poor man's Steve Nash, which isn't good because you need some serious offense to make up for lacking in the D department.
    Rudy Gay - Gets a game winning shooter for us, is athletic and has lots a time left in his career. Better defender and a name. We need that RLY bad.

Overall I am for this trade and look forward to watching this team play. Much as I love Calderon and I really happy he is bringing his talents somewhere else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    I didn't like it when I first heard the rumour because I like the way Ed has developed this season and I didn't want to be stuck with Bargnani after Ed has played so well, but when I thought about it this morning, I realized PF's are a dime a dozen and we have had a hole at the SF position for some time now and Rudy fills that hole.

Colangelo did the right thing by selling high on both Ed & Jose (who's contract was running out) without giving up anything else for a borderline All-Star.

After listening to BC's comments on Andrea, I like this trade even more, now that I know its only a matter of time before he is gone.
    I agree. I hated the idea of trading Davis but we got a good player in return. We weren't going to get anything close to Gay's talent if we traded Calderon by himself or with a low caliber player.

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast